Backpageladies.com???

Has anyone checked this site out? There are so many pop ups and disappearing sites these days that I am not sure where to put ads up anymore.

I also came across cityoflove.com

Edited by StacieXX
added something

Leolist.cc is for sure where to put ads up, here on Lyla too of course.

Backpageladies.com seems to only have 4 ads for Nova Scotia and I am skeptical of one of them being legit.

If providers flock there with ads, clients will come. It'll take time but if posting an ad is free I recommend all providers start posting them and perhaps that site will become more and more popular.

I like Leolist myself if we could get rid of the junk that's there.

• Like 1

I have tried 3 tomes to register a new account and used 3 different emails and each time it says invalid email...makes no sense I can't even contact them

Exactly the same experience here. :(

• Like 2

I had the same problem but the last time I tried it worked. I am not sure how legit it is yet but I will keep everyone posted :)

• Like 2

I seen that site pop up quickly post Bp...and was not impressed on the layout or quality. However that being said I am now declining in my opionion of LL:( I am greatly disappointed in the direction of LL.

• Like 1

I seen that site pop up quickly post Bp...and was not impressed on the layout or quality. However that being said I am now declining in my opionion of LL:( I am greatly disappointed in the direction of LL.

I wish they had the option to verify via website, reviews , look at my social media with my 10k+ followers.

Maybe like CL/BP at the end where you needed a real phone number not an app and social media

• Like 3

I wish they had the option to verify via website, reviews , look at my social media with my 10k+ followers.

Maybe like CL/BP at the end where you needed a real phone number not an app and social media

Snap on that! As my GF says !

I am also increasingly embarresed to be on that site! The ads are horrid! Disgusting! Something I am not comfortable with being apart of!

I keep asking NB memebers to try twitter too. At least we are are varified by default lol.

PSSST. just followed you lol

• Like 1

Yes this!!! Their verification photos are not glamorous and I decided not to use them. I don't want to portray myself with a photo that I hate. I'm also not interested in creating an environment for a shoot JUST to have decent looking verification photos. Like, why does it need to be just out and presented like that? Can't they verify with the pics and give you a stamp without having to show subpar photos that won't develop as great of a reaction from clients?

It's way easier to be like "I have online presence". The verification process is silly imho. It's not any different when bp, before you could link Twitter. So being verified makes no great difference in my client base. If someone js that paramoid, theyre goinf to do research anyways. So why the bug deal wirh verifying? If yiure not sure, do your research. Even now you can just add your Twitter to your ad description. Having a photo with a leolist tag doesn't stop that person from scamming you. Having a noticeable presence online where you are reputable is definitely more ideal. Maybe they will add the option later on.

I mean, they've already went from 2 free ads a day in Ottawa to 1 free ad a day to having to pay 3$ a day. I can only imagine LL will improve in age and get with the Twitter swag.

From my end though I get the most bookings from LYLA. Always have.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Speaking only as a client, leolist is great and seems to be improving everyday. The fake ads in Halifax are hugely reduced in the last couple days

I think the verification photos are something every legit provider should do, even if you don't use them in your ads, I can check the directory and see you've been verified.

The search tools are also great, if I want to locate someone in an age range or price range or that mention keywords, Leolist is great.

Searching by phone # is also great. If I'm looking at a text conversation on my phone and trying to remember the provider I was msg'ing I can search by the phone # to locate them and remember what they look like. Backpage frankly sucked for searching.

Leolist is changing fast and yes they are likely charging more money, 5 days before Backpage went down Leolist was scrapping ads from Backpage and offering 2 free ads per day just to try and get business. 5 days AFTER backpage went down and they were swamped with providers advertising and traffic was ramping up everyday. Leolist has a large hosting bill and needs to get revenue. Their charges for ads ($3 was what I heard said) sounds very reasonable and I thought bumps were like $.50?

Keep the pressure on Leolist to allow verification via alternate means, if they allowed you to pay $5 for alternate verification and had a human check your pics vs a website/twitter/etc that would be great, but in reality you are a small minority of their advertising base. 90% of the providers are happy to follow the path they laid out for verification so don't be surprised if they are slow to adapt in this area.

• Like 2