Stay safe.

What doesn't help is people like Sue McGarvie and her "Ducklings" group. She presents herself as a world renown sex therapist but to a crowd of more than hundreds, she completely dismissed the seriousness of STI! She's like: ok, for the paranoia surrounding swinging and open relationships: there's only 79 cases of Syphilis (or similar figures) per year, so your chances to catch it are what, Ottawa's population is almost a million now so... And if you had it, its super easy to treat.

Talk about disinformation and creating reckless beliefs!

And that obviates chlamydia which often goes without symptoms but has terrible consequences on reproduction health. Or herpes which is uncurable, painful loaded with stigma. Ok controlable in many cases but still a gift one could do without.

Unfortunately, many people think that because their house was never flooded, they should not take the insurance option and lament they are ruined when it rains for 10 days straight and sewer backup fload their basement.

• Like 6

And that obviates chlamydia which often goes without symptoms but has terrible consequences on reproduction health. Or herpes which is uncurable, painful loaded with stigma. Ok controlable in many cases but still a gift one could do without.

Unfortunately, many people think that because their house was never flooded, they should not take the insurance option and lament they are ruined when it rains for 10 days straight and sewer backup fload their basement.

It is also sad to note that there seems to be some folks who participate in this hobby but are reluctant to go to the Health Clinic or a private lab for STI testing because they are afraid to show their Health Cards.

• Thanks 1

It's really sad how this is still an issue with all of the resources available and education out there. Nothing is worth risking your health for, no matter what. There is an old saying "You play with fire, you get burnt." I think there is no better saying for those who choose to engage in such risky behaviour.

• Like 3

That's good advice since many SPs have SOs with no restrictions.

I don't think it's SO's ( same regular partner) that puts sp's at risk, just as in the civilian population. Stds don't just appear, they have to be introduced by sexual contact by someone who is infected. Unless the sp's partner is out having unprotected oral or fs, (and please believe our SO's are just as particular and educated about their sexual health as we are, they are in relationships with sp's after all) the risk is virtually non-existent. It's new multiple partners participating in unprotected services (bbbj and bbfs) that introduce the risk of being infected. It's simple math, the more times you roll the dice, the higher the odds of you hitting. If you're that worried about sp's private lives, the onus on you to protect your sexual health, don't ask for unprotected services or see ladies that offer them. I can't believe in 2017 this still comes up

• Like 7

That's interesting about older adults not using condoms.. perhaps its because they figure pregnancy is no longer an issue.

ps. my wife and I use condoms even though were well past the child issue (on those rare occasions when it happens)... she likely suspect I have a hobby... I don't complain.

• Like 1

I think a big part of the problem here is most  of the stigma around sti's are gone and are treatable  (for now). but their are strains of certain stis that are becoming drug resistance.

On November 6, 2017 at 7:49 PM, GoinDown said:

That's good advice since many SPs have SOs with no restrictions.

Whoa! Hang on here! 

Am I reading this right.... "Good Advice since so many "Sp's Have SO's With No Restrictions" ?🤔.. 

SP's .... Mmm... 

Hobbyist (Which are Also into the Hobby) Don't have SO's With No Restrictions.. ??

Your Kidding Me Right???😘

I am still shocked at how many times I am contacted regarding offering unsafe practices and willing to pay extra and they always include that they are married and clean. LMAO

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 8/28/2019 at 4:31 PM, Meg O'Ryan said:

I am still shocked at how many times I am contacted regarding offering unsafe practices and willing to pay extra and they always include that they are married and clean. LMAO

If they want to do unsafe practices then it tells you just what they think of their wife.  No matter how bad a marriage she shouldn't be subjected to his infection.  And that line "I'm married and clean" I'm sure he uses on everyone so he doesn't care about the health of any woman he's with.  He just devalues the health and safety of any woman, including his wife, for his immediate gratification.

Wonder how keen he'd be for BBFS if he was the recipient of it and the guy requesting it paid him lots of money🙄 OK just thinking outloud LOL

RG 

• Like 3

On 10/4/2019 at 1:59 PM, Exotic Touch Danielle said:

Using condoms does help reduce the risk of std! 

Just saying😉

Safe sex is about risk reduction and condoms (plus STD/STI testing) are best at risk reduction. Risk elimination requires  100 % abstinence (not a reality) Even monogamy, you only know if you are 100% monogamous, but never 100% absolutely for sure do you know if your partner is faithful.

A quick rambling

RG

Guest PetraPegasus
On 11/4/2017 at 9:22 AM, Luckyme said:

It is also sad to note that there seems to be some folks who participate in this hobby but are reluctant to go to the Health Clinic or a private lab for STI testing because they are afraid to show their Health Cards.

There are online services for those more discreet clients 💓