Montreal erotic massage parlours flourishing despite anti-prostitution law

it is good to hear this, because Mtl was one of the major cities that looked like it was going to be into enforcement. Now it joins other major cities who have spoken up to say they will not.

it is good to hear this, because Mtl was one of the major cities that looked like it was going to be into enforcement. Now it joins other major cities who have spoken up to say they will not.

True.

That dates back to fall (ish) 2013 when mayor Coderre (when he won the Office if i remember) wanted to cake down on it (here for a list of articles on it, including this one http://www.lyla.com/vbulletin/search.php?searchid=4587102), somewhat backed by Maria Mourani, an independent Federal MP at the time. I seem to remember reading an article that Coderre backed down quickly after considering the impacts of doing so -Can't find it though.

That is good news... it seems as though no one is really interested in going after consenting adults. Tht being the case, perhaps it is doomed to follow in the footsteps of the old bawdy house law... Technically on the books, but rarely if ever enforced. This is pure speculation on my part, but if no one is charged, it would make it difficult to launch a constitutional challenge against it.