How Many Of you Have Changed Your Lyla Names?

Guest N***he**Ont**y

I was feeling a bit curious on how many Lyla members have changed their Lyla names and why they did it. In my case I was outed by a former close associate on my activities and extra activities which was none of her business. I have changed my Lyla name twice during my tenure here perhaps I am being paranoid but I feel relieved on changing it once again. So the question is why did you feel that it was necessary to change your name and do you feel comfortable with the change?

Fortunately, I haven't had the need to change my name - nobody wants to be associated with a slimy slug & and interstellar gangster.

Oh yeah, and I like to chew on little toads too; that habit kind of intimidates stalkers. In my 23 yr hobby career, nobody's ever threatened to "out" me hence no need to change identity. No one has seen the need to shoot me in the tail.

• Like 2

Only been a member since 2010 but have had the same name all along.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

I changed my name once because the agency I had used at that time allowed another girl to go using my name when I was not available,It got back to me as things always will. I was ticked ,changed name and left the agency. The girl she sent was nothing like me nor did she believe in the care I take in my dates. Hmm am I allowed to say any of this?

I changed my CERB name many years ago because of confusion on this site. I used to be known as T'storm and I would get PM's asking if I was a Tgirl. So to stop the problem I used a different name.

• Like 3

Guest D***el B***e

I changed my name once for fear of being uncovered but I went about the wrong way (I didn't read the rules properly) and got dinged by the mod. I'm happy with my new name because I think it's a good representation of who I really am.

After about 3 years on here I thought about retiring but then had a change of heart later. On returning I figured I would just start fresh with a new name and profile but it all mostly was amalgamated with my old profile of arejayell. I think this one will be my last.

Posted via Mobile Device

• Like 1

Never changed my board handle...its been roamingguy or RG for short

Apparently such a popular name someone used it and my profile for a T ERB profile...he thought it was the write on thing to do LOL :-)

RG

• Like 1

Guest **cely***r***ne

I've changed my name twice. Firstly because I grew into someone whom the original name no longer fit.

Second time was for personal issues that I will not eleborate on.

I like this one. It fits me and my personality perfectly.

Maraena (Mar-ay-na) or also Marina means "from the sea" and those with this name are often spiritual people with the ability to inspire others... I like it :)

I changed mine twice. When I first joined the board I was completely new to everything and joined on a whim, made my mistakes and then returned wiser and better. The second came when I realized I had outgrown my second name in different ways. I kept the first part as it was very much a part of me, just tweaked the second to envelop all of my better. Now I'm feeling like this is very much my "fit".

• Like 1

Was gone for a quite a while only to come back and realized the old domain name I had let go of was being used for a dating site for married people. Fair enough for letting go of the domain name but I didn't want to be associated with that or people thinking I was so I changed the name for that reason only. It's too bad but that's life I suppose.

I haven't changed it because I think mine was a decently unique name. At the start I used on a different account my normal screen name....then after a bit a light went off and I realized to keep private I should use a different name. So I made a second account.

I just did ... after a period away I decided to return. Glad I did. But decided it was time to retire Porthos, and opt for a different name. Thought it appropriate to stay within the theme though.

Athos

• Like 4

How do you change your name anyway??

Well I have never done it but I am guessing y would simply email the MOD with the request explaining why but I could be wrong.

• Like 1

How do you change your name anyway??

Send a PM to mod - he will change it for you.

For the original question - I originally set my account up as meaghanmcleod. However, I never really liked that it was all one word, with no proper name formatting. Gone are the days that you could only use one word for a profile.

I sent a request to Mod, and he changed it to Meaghan McLeod. Much more like it. Same person, just a bit more like who I really am.

I've changed my name once.

I didn't do a whole lot of research before picking my working name the first time.. both my first and last names were already used, a lot.

Send a PM to mod - he will change it for you.

For the original question - I originally set my account up as meaghanmcleod. However, I never really liked that it was all one word, with no proper name formatting. Gone are the days that you could only use one word for a profile.

I sent a request to Mod, and he changed it to Meaghan McLeod. Much more like it. Same person, just a bit more like who I really am.

Is that what it is, that one couldn't use two words? When i first joined forums, it was rare to see sps using their sp name as a handle, maybe that is why. Even here on cerb we see a variety of long time members whose handles are, like mine, not an sp name. Some of those sps i don't think i ever knew their working names lol

I was using this handle on review sites, most of which have gone under but the idea was consistency. before there was only one or two online ad sites, none of them required a handle. After new sites popped up (after CL popped down) the new ad sites had forums, so you needed a handle or login id as well. On those sites i used a different one, because this handle didn't make sense for advertising sites. However now most of those forum ad sites no longer exist or no longer rely on the handles either. so glad i never did change this one to match those.

At one time i think i was on 7 or 8 different sites with this handle, now it is down to 3, one of the sites I visit maybe once a month. the other i stopped posting on it 2-3 years ago, and doubt if i have visited it more than once this year.

In over 10 years, i have never changed my working name.