What home remedies, vitamins, supplements and herbs do you use.

Hi

I've had problems with diabetes 2, cholesterol, high blood pressure and other minor problems. I was taking various prescription medication but found that the side effects were worst then the actual problem. Lipitor, being the worst culprit. I am trying to use exercise, and diet and natural methods to try to get myself better. But there are hundreds of solutions out there, and they are expensive to buy. I just wanted to see what members here have tried and found that worked and those that haven't worked.

Please post your medical problem, and what natural supplements that worked for you and those that didn't. This can help us find solutions to our medical problems and not waste time and money with those that don't work.

This site :

http://www.earthclinic.com/

is a great place to start.

The supplements that I find most helpful have been:

l'arginine, ginkgo biloba, CoQ10.

But mostly magnesium. do a search on "magnesium deficiency". You may find that this single supplement may cure many of your symptoms.

This is just a short list of what I take that I find works.

I hope that you share what works for you with us :)

• Like 2

Another popular remedy that is highly recommended is Apple Cider Vinegar, But it's got to be the organic one. It seems to be a remedy for a whole host of problems. I've tried it. and it does work on numerous symptoms. The best way to take it is with hot water and some honey to make it taste better.

It's good for heart burn and acid reflux and lowering blood sugar also.

Guest webothscore

You are very enthusiastic with your diverse threads.

Well done.

Not sure if it's a medical problem, but sometimes above and beyond my non cerb activities and my cerb hobbying, my ballzies get slightly bigger and blue and "I touch myself"!

Guest realnicehat

Not sure if it's a medical problem, but sometimes above and beyond my non cerb activities and my cerb hobbying, my ballzies get slightly bigger and blue and "I touch myself"!

That better only be a home remedy.........

Guest webothscore
That better only be a home remedy.........

Crap, I hit add remark before winky face, but you know my nature by now

Additional comment:

Mooooooooooo! Exit milk...

Edited by webothscore
Addition of words

thanks for the tips.

i like to take a couple of weeks a few time a years and quit all bad habits involving eating and drinking.

after the first week the change is pretty noticeable in the way you feel.

then I try to eat healthy for as long as I can and things like heartburn disappear.

Hi

I've had problems with diabetes 2, cholesterol, high blood pressure and other minor problems. I was taking various prescription medication but found that the side effects were worst then the actual problem. Lipitor, being the worst culprit. I am trying to use exercise, and diet and natural methods to try to get myself better. But there are hundreds of solutions out there, and they are expensive to buy. I just wanted to see what members here have tried and found that worked and those that haven't worked.

Please post your medical problem, and what natural supplements that worked for you and those that didn't. This can help us find solutions to our medical problems and not waste time and money with those that don't work.

This site :

http://www.earthclinic.com/

is a great place to start.

The supplements that I find most helpful have been:

l'arginine, ginkgo biloba, CoQ10.

But mostly magnesium. do a search on "magnesium deficiency". You may find that this single supplement may cure many of your symptoms.

This is just a short list of what I take that I find works.

I hope that you share what works for you with us :)

I like to visit with a naturopath when I am feeling "out of sorts". I prefer that rather than self scripting different things. I have learned that CoQ10 is one supplement that is often not the quality or dosage advertised, so only buy from a very trusted company. Since we all need different "things", what helps me might not help someone else. I do take a multi vit, vit D, udo's oil 3-6-9 blend, a probiotic supplement and calcium/mag, I prefer liquid. Some mornings I'll have a protein shake and stir fry for supper, to balance all the other crap I eat:)Sugar is my friend and enemy!

Guest A*ro**n

I've been taking a multi-Vitamin for men (2 per day) for over a year now. One of the noticeable effects is a larger volume when I cum. I'm guessing it's the zinc.

I use so many supplements and herbs for different things. I'm sure I'll forget some.

For colds/flu/sore throat - oregano oil (capsules as the tincture is so horribly nasty), pau d'arco, vit C/zinc

For bacterial infections - same as above plus goldenseal

Homeopathic remedies as well but depend on the symptoms.

Digestive enzymes with meals, acidophilus, and a new item for me - Histamine- Diamine Oxidase Enzyme (food intolerance support) product which I just started today. http://www.iherb.com/Naturally-Vitamins-Histame-Food-Intolerance-Support-30-Capsules/38748

Omega 3 oils, liquid multi,

For energy I take a variety of herbs but switch them up.. rhodiola, licorice root, ashwaganda, astragalus.

Eyebright for my eyes,

Ginger for heartburn (sometimes I take the chewable ginger gravol or other ginger chews)

I use a lot of herbs or other food items in my cooking, turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, coconut oil, coconut milk, raw cacao, cilantro, olive oil, grapeseed oil, garlic etc etc..

For liver detox, alpha lipoic acid, milkthistle/dandelion/artichoke. http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-Silymarin-Milk-Thistle-Extract-2X-300-mg-200-Vcaps/13870

I just watched a great documentary about herbal medicine/shamansim in the Peruvian jungle where participants with severe illnesses went for 30 days.. 'the sacred science'. Really good! http://www.thesacredscience.com/

Edited by Carrie Moon
  • Like 1

With the new year and all these new resolutions to live healthier and lose weight.

What vitamins and supplements that you use, that you believe to actually make a difference in your health. I take a lot, but don't know if they actually work or not?

Another new year. I wanted to know what supplement's you have taken and found that have worked for you? for Blood sugar, Blood pressure and cholesterol.?

Guest **cely***r***ne

I have high blood pressure and I take cod liver oil. Good for lowering tje pressure, good for triglycerides...among others!

I blend my own herbs for teas..tinctures and the like. But I find organic green tea my go to for almost everything.

Eating good food can also keep you feeling great! I steer away from supplements as often as I can and look to foods to help instead!

I personally do not take any supplements, unless I am ill and not feeling up to eating, in which case a multivitamin with additional vitamin C and some zinc is in order.

I have mixed feelings about supplements and such. A lot of it is stuff you would consume in your day to day anyways. For example, L-Arginine and Histidine are simply amino acids that are components of protein. (The L in front of arginine does not mean it is different than regular arginine. It is the same. L refers to the configuration of the molecule and it is also the same configuration that is found in all of nature).

There is also the issue that if your body does not require what you are ingesting at that given moment (up until the time you expel it from your body as waste), it will not get used. Your body does not store these things for use later on. So there is that to consider.

I am also highly skeptical of many claims that are made regarding supplements and such. Unless you can run me through the physiology of how and why it works, which is done with conventional medicines, then it's really just one person who happened to have a good result saying that it works.

This is no more than mistaking correlation for causation. My favourite example of this is: "In July there is an increase in the sales of ice cream and there is also an increase in violent crimes. Therefore ice cream is the cause of violent crimes."

Although I am sure some do have their benefit, please be cautious and do your research.. You do not want to end up like this man who tried the colloidal silver detox. This is real, I can run you through the chemistry of it if you want, he will be purple/blue the rest of his life.

colloidal-silver-detox.jpg

blueman3-paul-karason.jpg?w=450

Just be smart, and think about what you are consuming and how it works.

Edited by FunAdventures
Picture
  • Like 2

I used a few adaptogens to help lower cortisol ( the stress horomone) that was wreaking havoc with my horomones and causing me to be very tired for no reason at one point in my life. Since using them and changing my lifestyle to one that has slowed down considerably, it has helped immensely and I no longer feel exhausted or feel like a crying pregnant woman. At one point, that's how it felt but it was all just an imbalance of horomones. We as women have do deal with all that crap. lol.

Although they say this is years in the making, so many people are walking around out there and don't know what's wrong with them till serious exhaustion hits them one day. Caffeine is used everyday to help people get by but it actually makes the adrenals worse because it's a stimulant but I'm not one to talk because I used to do the exact same thing!

Doctors never wanted to address it as adrenal fatigue ( it's not a 'real' health problem to many of them) but with all the reading and having saliva testing done to test my horomone levels, it all had to do with the adrenals. With plenty of rest, a serious drop in stress and saying no to others, little to no caffeine ( that was a hard one!), vitamins and herbs, I now feel more like myself again. I also went to see a naturopath to address these issues.

The following adaptogens I used that really helped with my energy were

Ashwaganda

Holy Basil

Ginseng

Astragalus

Rhodiola

Others I used to help the adrenals were

magnesium

vitamin c ( also great when in need of some quick energy)

b5 - Pantothenic acid

Maca ( it can balance horomones but can vary in people where it could also act as a stimulant which isn't good for adrenals)

There are so many others I take everyday like htp-5, b6, b 12 for mood but these were the ones that helped me considerably.

• Like 1

I particularly don't lead the most healthiest lifestyle and am by far far from being the posterchild for good health, but over the past year I have noticed that as I am getting older and about to hit age 30 this year, I have been feeling very sluggish, always tired and just not motivated. So about six months ago I decided to try and make a change to help alleviate some of this as I should be in my prime. The first thing I did was do a full body detox, and then got myself on some really good vitamins and supplements. What I use is called Mega Man Sport (GNC), and it is a monthly supply of four different supplements and a really good time released multi-vitamin. It has a lot of good vitamins and minerals in there that helps with mens health and it has definitely made a huge difference for me. I would honestly say to go check out your local GNC and see what they have that might be beneficial to you.

• Like 2

the powers of coconut oil are unbelievable..

I will never give it up..my cat goes crazy for it too

Love it or hate it, coconut water is nature's natural electrolyte that is one of the best sources of staying hydrated. It's also very refreshing and helps aid in digestion as weĺl.

• Like 3