Question for hobbyists

I have not hobbied locally and mainly done it when travelling. My question is:

how to deal with phones? I'd prefer not to use my cell and everyone seems to be phone only these days. They don't want blocked numbers. I have an okd flip phone, will that work? Are there apps? Etc etc

THanks

I'm assuming what you're asking is you want your number not to be visible to the receiver of the call.

You can use the "google hangout" app which will display a U.S. number. However, that's as bad as a blocked number.

I don't think you should worry about using your own number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get a cheap pay as you go phone from Petro Canada or 7-Eleven.

Don't play games with app numbers, most ladies don't like them.

• Like 3

Don't play games with app numbers, most ladies don't like them.

That's correct.

Personally, I don't book an appointment without a phone call. I also don't accept blocked calls or anything from a text app or Skype number.

If you must, just invest in a disposable phone that you can hide easily.

SD

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Go with cheap 7 11 phone rather than using an app

The phone app is still on your more important phone

Exactly! Cash only, and top it up from time to time.

Like others have suggested, get a prepaid (pay as you go) cell phone

In addition to 7 Eleven or Petro Canada, Best Buy sells prepaid cell phones

Some links for you

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/category/prepaid-phones/pc_prepaid.aspx

http://www.speakout7eleven.ca/prepaid-phones-promotions/free-dualsim-and-bonus-25-airtime?gclid=CLTzuMaA-sYCFRAxaQodijEMfw

http://mobility.petro-canada.ca/default.aspx

Good Luck

RG

My approach is to just use my everyday cell phone.

A lady will never call you without good reason (when you are expecting it) or with permission. If she ever does call you unexpectedly you can just tell her she has the wrong number (because she really does).

I don't see the value in playing secret agent or Spy vs. Spy, just be sure to erase any calls from your recent call history and don't keep her number in your contacts list as soon as you no longer need to.

Every time I meet someone new, I offer them a chance to examine my passport or drivers license as a sign of good faith that I mean them no harm and am not trying to hide anything as I just haven't found the value in being secretive at that level. If someone is trying to hide their encounters from a spouse, that secret agent phone could raise some uncomfortable questions.

Am I acting foolishly? Are there risks I haven't considered and should? Anyone?

• Like 4

I always use my own phone and have never had a problem.

If guys are worried about wifey snooping in their phone the relationship is already in trouble.

• Like 5

For me I got a cash phone mainly because my other phone is provided by my employer

But also I think that there are many situations that are not too difficult to imagine that would make having s cash phone good. Especially if one tries out new providers often

But to each their own

For some, like myself I use my regular cell phone which I also use as my home phone. And I have no concerns if a lady knows my phone number. I provide her with A LOT more information than that when I book a date

But it may be very risky for some guys to use the home cell phone. For the cost of a cheap cell phone (some under $50) if it brings piece of mind to the client and a wife is prevented from discovering not only that her husband sees companions, it also prevents a scorned wife from discovering a companion's name and number. And that is drama the companion doesn't need

So do whatever works for you. If that is using your regular phone, great. If getting a second disposable phone works, that is great too.

RG

• Like 2

... If that is using your regular phone, great. If getting a second disposable phone works, that is great too. RG

My main concern would be for a gentleman who's spouse finds the "secret bat phone". She might not immediately know why he has that second secret phone but it doesn't take much imagination to realize that whatever the reason it likely isn't good. Of course for those that aren't at risk of being discovered with a suspicious second phone, then why have one? As long as you delete your call history, contacts and any text messages you should be ok. In the case of an employer supplied phone, well there I can see a reason not to use that one.

My main concern would be for a gentleman who's spouse finds the "secret bat phone". She might not immediately know why he has that second secret phone but it doesn't take much imagination to realize that whatever the reason it likely isn't good. Of course for those that aren't at risk of being discovered with a suspicious second phone, then why have one? As long as you delete your call history, contacts and any text messages you should be ok. In the case of an employer supplied phone, well there I can see a reason not to use that one.

If that's your concern for someone else, that is why it was suggested by myself and others to get a second disposable phone. It wouldn't be found because as the name suggests, it can be thrown out after an encounter. You can buy them for under $50

But even if the client wants to keep the phone maybe he could keep it at work or find a hiding place at home.

I stand by what I said before, each and every gentleman needs to find what works best for him, not what someone else thinks will work best for him

RG

• Like 1

...get a second disposable phone. It wouldn't be found because as the name suggests, it can be thrown out after an encounter. You can buy them for under $50

Good heavens RG, have you no concern for the environment or your carbon footprint! :)

Actually I have zero faith in the secret spy's ability (or discipline) to throw a shiny new burner phone away that still has some airtime left on it, rather most would just keep it for future use, seems innocent enough at the time but could be fatal.

Guest s******ecan****

I have always used my own phone and have never had any problems.

There is no right answer that will apply to everyone... each of us must find the approach that best meets our needs and go with it.

In my particular case I have chosen to just have the one phone and then made certain that my data on the phone is securely available only to me by using a password on the phone and several apps that allow additional levels of security.

For example I use a Blackberry with a pictorial password for phone assess. My contact information for ladies I have met or see regularly is in my main contact list but I use a password protected contact management App to hide the most sensitive listing. For my wife to access this data she would first need my phone password and then second my contact management app password. (of course you need to be smart and not use passwords that your wife might guess).

I have a separate yahoo email address for my hobby activities that I can easily access from the browser on my phone but all the email are safely tucked away on Yahoo once again with a secure password needed for access.

As 90% or more of my contact with ladies in this hobby is via text message (especially after 1st contact) I use an app that removes all my text messages from specifically identified contacts (yea you guessed it all the private contacts) from my SMS log so if by chance my wife does see the text chat history on my phone it is clean as a whistle... in fact down right boring. ( you guessed it the SMS app has a password)

For me this combination of security features works so I am very comfortable with it.

As a side note I kinda think for me the greater risk is on the financial side.. email money transfers show up on your bank statements so it would be really great if ladies created payment email accounts that were more mundane for example itsolutions@gmail.... instead of ladyx@gmail lol. Of course cash withdrawals also show up on bank statements so a separate bank account that does not have your wife's name on it and with statements sent by email is a great idea. As for my cell phone bill it is in my name only and I do electronic statements.

Ok... now rereading what I just wrote I am guessing everyone reading this is thinking what a sneaking... lying... cheating bastard this guy Ice4fun is.... lol. I guess it is one of the negatives of participating in this hobby and being one of Mr. Harpers perverts.

Just My Opinion

• Like 1

Erm, if your wife/SO is so insecure/jealous that she is snooping your phone, you have bigger issues than whether or not you need one phone or two for your hobbying.

• Like 1

I suppose some might judge you so let he is without sin cast the first stone.

I appreciate and agree with your comments... As for people judging me... I always kind of think that says more about them than it does about me.

The last comments on my post were said more in humour than anything else.

• Like 1

instead of getting a second phone, can't you get a second sim card with its own pay as you go number on it? yes your original phone won't work for that brief period of time, but a sim card is also easier to stash away. then that number only works when you want to play.

I don't know, maybe I'm missing something.

instead of getting a second phone, can't you get a second sim card with its own pay as you go number on it? yes your original phone won't work for that brief period of time, but a sim card is also easier to stash away. then that number only works when you want to play.

It depends on your phone. An iPhone will keep the messages and call history, it'll just be using a different number. Heaven forbid you have your phone and your wife's phone in an apple family account.

Then she may get the messages through iMessage or receive the calls on her phone if they're in the same WIFI network.

Better to have another phone.

• Like 2

Then she may get the messages through iMessage or receive the calls on her phone if they're in the same WIFI network.

Better to have another phone.

Good point about the iMessage vulnerability. An associate of mine, well his daughter broke her iPhone screen and got a new phone and the mother had the broken one in her purse for emergencies. Turns out the daughter planned an underage drinking party with all her underage friends over iMessage and the mother got to see all the plans on the broken screen phone.

Of course that's a mistake an underage teen would make, kind if the equivalent of an adult getting an email confirming all the details and leaving it open on the screen while he runs to the corner store. But some people don't understand technology and with iMessage, any phone logged into your account with the same credentials is going to be a clone phone :)

An iPhone will keep the messages and call history, it'll just be using a different number. Heaven forbid you have your phone and your wife's phone in an apple family account.

Frankly Apple has so much built in spyware I would not touch one with a ten foot pole.

• Like 1

Wow! Thanks for all the info. For the record my main paranoia is that my cell is my main personal & biz phone and I'm listed all over the Net