Please a little help for points of interests in Halifax and around

Hello everyone,

I am Maria Divina and I will do my very first "real" tour next week in the Maritimes, visiting 3 cities ( Moncton, Saint-John and Halifax)

I will drive to you, a big road trip indeed! and I would like to take advantage of my presence to visit maybe some places that you would recommend to me to discover. Could it be from historical interests, restaurants, best places to take a walk, I do have a lots of interests would be too long to name all. hahaha

Thank you in advance xox

In Halifax, the walk along the Waterfront has become quite nice. If you prefer a park, it's easy to reach Point Pleasant Park, in the far south end of the city.

For restaurants, try The Wooden Monkey: downtown, very good locally-sourced food, not a touristy destination.

• Like 2

All good suggestions so far.... The Bicycle Thief is an excellent restaurant - very upscale, relaxed atmosphere, and on nice days you can have your meal on the patio overlooking the water. The waterfront is nice in general as long as you can get past the fact that they've got half of it torn up at the moment (new condo development). There's also Spring Garden Road for shopping, as well as Peggy's Cove and the iconic lighthouse. Hope you enjoy your visit!

• Like 1

Thank you DrLove for your suggestions as well.

I just can't wait to be in Halifax, and there is a possibility that I will be maybe coming a day before directly from St-John and not stopping in Moncton at all.

I will of course keep this info updated in the ad section. :-)

It seems there is lots to discover to Halifax and 3 days won't be enough, I am sure!