Has anyone one CERB ever visited an Asian establishment advertising young beautiful, Asian girls? 18 to 21?

And if so, is there any doubt in your mind that these poor girls are being trafficed?

Perhaps the better question is.... Do you care?

Sacha

Reply to [email protected]

I would like to think that CERB members would not do this. My impression is that the vast majority of men who participate in CERB would not want to risk exploitation. I certainly would not. I will go one step further for myself. I date only independents and have enough communication to be comfortable that the lady is in complete control of her decision to engage in this business.

• Like 3

Vast majority, if not all, of the asian shops have experienced migrant sex workers coming from asian countries specifically for the purpose of sex work. i think now and then you'll hear a story or two, but a lot of times someone has to define themselves as a victim in order to escape anything more than deportation, so grain of salt.

sometimes i have heard of an asian mp having someone under 18, but i hear it happens more often in non asian places so just another aberration.

my guess is you'd be hard pressed to find an actual 18 year old in any case, anytime i've seen lists of people's ages for 'rescue' or arrest, everyone tends to be over 30. or 40

Migrant sex work is a big thing, they pay smugglers to get set up here, paperwork, place to live/work, and in exchange they owe that money back, which usually comes out of each donation, not the entire thing. They are not kidnapped out of high schools in Taiwan for example.

Every place is set up differently, i'm sure, but the only thing i'd be concerned about is whether the working conditions are exploitive or not. to answer that, ask yourself are the rates rock bottom and services sky high, or are they reasonable and the services reasonable level of safety. if they are rock bottom, consider tips to ensure that the sp is getting a fair wage for her services which might mean she can do one less appt that day, or whatever.

if you are interested in learning more about migrant sex work and sex workers, go to GAATW site or google Laura Agustin, or even just the topic itself. the University of Hong Kong and another chinese mainland university i think both did interviews/research asking sps why they chose to do sex work and why they traveled (to Hong Kong from the mainland) to do it.

also butterfly.org will tell you more about Canadian migrant sex workers (asian)

• Like 4