E-transfer Interact deposit questions...

How do you feel about these?

I live quite far for an outcall in the Ottawa-Gatineau-Hull area (about 1h30, including a boat trip), so I thought a good way to get there, and have a guarantee that there's a compensation waiting at the end for me (too much fake calls).

Well, I just refused a client because he refused to abide by my rules, regarding this matter, because he had privacy issues with the whole thing.

Being also new to the process, but having so much requests, I was wondering what's your thoughts on these? Would you trust a reputable SP with that method of payment, if she was collecting the password only once with you?

PM if you don't feel at ease by replying publicly...

Guest st*****ens**ors

Hmm. That's a tricky one, because while I think it entirely reasonable for you to want the security of a deposit prior to driving 90 minutes to an outcall, I can well understand the hesitancy of a client.

If I knew a provider well enough to trust, I'd be amenable, but by the same token, a client you know well is probably not the one you're worried will flake on an appointment.

So there you go. Clear as mud.

If a client is willing to give you an advance then an interact email is one of the simpler and reliable methods akin to a certified cheque, but still just one of a numbers of ways to send it. I don't see any privacy issues as he can reset any email account associated with the transactions that he wants.

Thank you so much for the advice!

So to make things clear:

- Watch the comments when receiving payment;

- Watch for fraud;

- Accept only from reputable hobbiests.

Reasonnable enough!

You make me feel way more cormfortable requesting them, as they may become part of my regular screening.

As for BitCoins, I wish there was a point for me to accept them, but I have nowhere to spend it (no ads running), but it is a wonderful idea!

I've been paid through e-mail transfers and I never saw the sender's legal name anywhere so I'm sure there's a way to do it keeping their identity private.

I would assume vast number of clients would not do it because of privacy concerns
  • Like 2

The way I do it, I never had to disclose my real name. I edited my profile with ElissaMarie as a name and my work's e-mail address. Once the e-mail is received I click on the link and everything there is only seen by me, and as I said in the e-mail notification received the real name of the sender was not included.

Do I have to disclose my real name, or am I good only with my e-mail adress linked to my bank account?
  • Like 3

From my experience the only time the persons real name is disclosed is when your the one sending the e-transfer (Sender). The receivers info isn't disclosed. Maybe it varies with different banks.

• Like 1

Most of my clients pre-pay for our sessions via e-transfer. Never had a problem with it, myself. Also makes paying bills easier when the end of the month rolls around, I don't have to make a trip to the bank to deposit large sums of cash.

• Like 1

I've been paid through e-mail transfers and I never saw the sender's legal name anywhere so I'm sure there's a way to do it keeping their identity private.

It really depends on the sending bank. My bank (RBC) definitely adds my legal name and I have no control over that. Of course it is my standard practice to show the lady my passport if I haven't met her before (because privacy on both sides is not only expected, it's part of the service and I see no value in playing secret agent, it can only serve to make her less at ease if she doesn't know who I really am) and of course I will have checked her out as well to ensure she has a good reputation before sending her funds in advance.

Also people have sent me rent money via TD and it also shows their name in the subject line.

• Like 4

... it is my standard practice to show the lady my passport if I haven't met her before ...

I would never show my passport to anybody. Ever. I wouldn't even mention it to a stranger. This would make me a target of interest. As for IDs, Maybe I would keep one out if requested, but my wallet stays in the safe. Always.

Also people have sent me rent money via TD and it also shows their name in the subject line.

It wouldn't even surprise me. TD is my bank, and even if they are a little more expensive than the majority, their safety and security measures are, I believe, almost flawless. So having the sender's legal name on the ''e-receipt (?)'' would be one of them... Makes sense.

• Like 1

As for BitCoins, I wish there was a point for me to accept them, but I have nowhere to spend it (no ads running), but it is a wonderful idea!

Well if you do a Google search for "business that accept BitCoin" you'll likely be quite surprised but aside from that back in 2010 a BitCoin cost around $0.06 and today that same BitCoin is worth $886.76 CAD. Aside from just hanging on to them as a very speculative and uncertain investment there are BitCoin ATMs appearing where you can buy or sell BTCs and yeah, I've actually bought a hotdog at a hotdog stand using BitCoin, just like a couple ounces of Gold, sometimes not a lot you can actually do with it at this instant but far from worthless.

I think in this business there is value in the transaction taking place in BitCoin. Given the change in Canada's laws I think it would really throw the Crown Prosecutor and Judge for a loop if the transaction took place using BitCoin instead of conventional money :) Good luck to them proving in a Court room that such a transaction took place at all. With no central control there is no way for them to establish who sent who money.

Of course if you have an account on QuadrigaCX you can buy and sell BitCoin and transfer the funds to and from your bank account with ease. I'm not suggesting you set up such an account (as it is a lot of effort) but all you need is to know one trustworthy person that has the ability to convert it for you and there are more and more of those folks around all the time (people who can covert BTC to dollars easily, not necessarily trustworthy of course). I'd certainly have no trouble or issues with converting ANY quantity of BitCoin for a Lady I know well.

I would never show my passport to anybody. Ever. I wouldn't even mention it to a stranger. This would make me a target of interest. As for IDs, Maybe I would keep one out if requested, but my wallet stays in the safe. Always.

I'm not at all interested in the Lady's real identity, just her reputation here and it's been my experience if she knows who I really am it just gives her a little less to worry about.

• Like 2

So, to sum up, and if I well understand: sometimes the real name of the sender is revealed, depending on their bank, but the real name of the recipient is never revealed? Am I correct?

Now, here is another question: can I create any new email address related to my bank account that will not reveal my real name? (i.e. not the email address I gave in the first place to be able to use online services with my bank account). I know that we can add as many email addresses as we want in our list of recipients, but can we create as many email adresses as we want for us, when we are senders? Let's say that I want to send money from my personal bank account using an email address I created, [email protected], instead of my real personal email address?

I guess that this would not change the issue of my real name that might show, whichever email address I use or create. Hm...

• Like 1

I guess that this would not change the issue of my real name that might show' date=' whichever email address I use or create. Hm...[/quote']

That's right. I just checked my inbox (which has many Interac e-payment advisories from multiple senders using multiple banks) and in ALL cases, the email comes from:

Where LEGAL NAME is the name of the bank account holder as it is known to the sending financial institution.

Of course I don't find this disturbing in the least. Any Lady I have sent funds to in this manner knows my real name anyways.

To be clear, the Lady does not need to reveal her name to receive funds, they can be sent to ANY e-mail address but she should have a "non provocative" or "non descriptive" e-mail address to receive Interac payments as it does become a matter of record at the bank. In fact, I don't see the e-mail address of the sender at all, just their name.

Of course a BitCoin transfer comes from a BitCoin address (which can be different for every transaction, even from the same sender) and looks like this (as an example): 3J98t1WpEZ73CNmQviecrnyiWrnqRhWNLy and it might (as an example) be sent to 1BvBMSEYstWetqTFn5Au4m4GFg7xJaNVN2. Good luck to LE trying to associate that with a person as there is no one in the world with this information other than the sender and receiver. Obviously that is one of the aspects of BitCoin that makes it attractive to criminals and scares governments. If I want to wire over $10,000 via a financial institution I have to complete lots of information for FINTRAC but I can send any amount of BitCoin, instantly and Internationally and no one can stop me or know I did it :)

• Like 3

I do a lot of business by email payments and the transferor's name always shows up. I don't mind if sp knows my real name but I fully understand why a sp does not.

However I would never pay in advance except in exceptional circumstances like grasshopper described. An email transfer is legal proof of payment that can be used in court. I prefer cash.

Also sp could not return payments by email in the case of a cancellation without losing her anonymity

• Like 3

I wonder how you can deposit from clients outside Canada? Let's say he's in the US?

I've checked money order, Western Union...but those payment options require you to show your ID to get the money which means you have to give your real name, etc... to the clients?

Yeah PayPal is a terrible idea - they commonly freeze funds and accounts of (suspected) sex workers even if the account has never been used for that purpose.

Getting paid without cash is a huge challenge, due to the risk of chargebacks, payment processors requiring you to reveal your legal name, or having restrictions on the purpose of the transaction, but check out these posts for helpful info (keeping in mind that many of these payment options may be limited to transactions within the US.)

http://missfreudianslit.tumblr.com/post/73352410012/part-1-sex-work-approved-payment-options

http://missfreudianslit.tumblr.com/post/113375831523/part-2-sex-work-approved-payment-options

I know a lot of people who use GiftRocket successfully, but proceed with caution if you do, as it's not intended to be used for anything but gifts.

• Like 1

Yeah PayPal is a terrible idea - they commonly freeze funds and accounts of (suspected) sex workers even if the account has never been used for that purpose. ...

And PayPal transactions are easily reversed unless you send it special as "Money Owed" or to "Friends and Family". Interac email transfers work well enough if you don't need anonymity.

BitCoin is the only way that no one (other than the sender and receiver) have control over anything as there is no third party involved, can be truly anonymous and good luck to LE in proving that the transaction even occurred :)

• Like 2

Guest ATasteOfEve

The whole trust issue here stems from that stupid freaking prostitution bill! If it were totally legal for both sides instead of the half-assed law that was passed, the girl could ask for deposits and the client would have a right to report the girl if she rips him off without fear of being exposed or arrested.

Personally, I provide a lot of information about myself on the Internet so I don't think the guy should feel uncomfortable with trusting me. EXCEPT for the stupid bill that ties his hands since technically he doesn't have any legal protection.

Enjoy the sunshine...Eve xx

Guest Na****a***mers (RETIRED)

With ScotiaBank you can send an e-transfer completely anonymously. Choose a name and an email address of your liking. The email address doesn't even show to the recipient, it's only required to send you confirmation email when the transfer is received.

The CIBC chequing account I have now has the option of not sending your real name and email (there is an option before you send to edit your name and email).

It's been such a life saver.

• Like 2