Windows 10 and Kodi

I just installed Kodi on my winblows 10 laptop. I added Covenant for movies and TV.

I can watch movies on my laptop but prefer casting to my large screen lcd tv.

I have chrimecas6 ..

How do i get kodi to cast to my TV?

You can't. The app has to have the functionality built into it, like Chrome. That being said if you're liking the Kodi experience, android boxes for your TV can be had as low as $39, though I wouldn't recommend spending that little. But halfway decent ones are available for under $100. They'd plug into your TV directly bypassing the PC.

I did come across this, which essentially tricks Kodi into playing the stream in Chrome on a windows PC, from there you can cast to the Chromecast. I haven't tested this though.

http://kodichromecast.com/stream-kodi-xbmc-from-windows-pc-to-the-chromecast/

There are also some very able windows 10 media boxes which can be hooked up to your TV though HDMI, and are Kodi comparable. A couple come to mind by minix and azulle, might actually try the azulle byte3 which releases this month

I have a mac mini hooked up to my TV for Kodi.

How is Covenant working for you? I find have to switch between that, Genesis reborn and Exodus. And the change is sometimes within that day.

I have Traktv so all my shows and movies are saved from add-on to add-on, but flipping is becoming a pain.

I know, first world problems bitching about free illegal streaming. LOL

Kodi cannot be streamed from windows 10 pc... or i cannot figure out how :)

Bought a kodi bix .. installed 1channel... not bad but i fund it difficult to i stall other add o s like exodus.. just 2 many steps snd its confusing.. especially since i am very near sighted

I previously replied to this thread recommending cheap android boxes for Kodi. I have to pull that recommendation at this point as Kodi has become more and more difficult. No streams available and the constantly having to download new add-ons in an attempt to find one that's working only to have it die as soon as the YouTubers like Soloman cover it.

For some separate APKs like TeaTV have been the solution but many of those are completely filled with ads, or difficult to navigate. I have yet to find an easy, recommendable solution which remains stable for more than a week.

If anyone has something they think is worth trying let me know.

Kodi cannot be streamed from windows 10 pc... or i cannot figure out how :)

Bought a kodi bix .. installed 1channel... not bad but i fund it difficult to i stall other add o s like exodus.. just 2 many steps snd its confusing.. especially since i am very near sighted

Might want check out DocSquiffy.com, lots of install guides.

I was using Genesis Reborn for a while, but have switched to Neptune Rising for video. I haven't had any problems at all.

Realize this is an old thread but thought Id throw in my two cents..... I've owned & upgraded several kodi boxes over the past couple years and have also installed it on a few PC's

A stand alone box I find is the best way to go, but make sure its at least version 5 so it can handle the latest version of Kodi. It also makes for the easiest hook up to your TV/ amplifier with a simple HDMI cable, I would also not recommend paying less than $100 for a Kodi box as the lower priced ones tend to be alot slower and buffer too much. one last thing would be to try and hook up with a wired internet connection rather than the wireless as your are streaming video unless you have a newer internet modem and subscribe to a top tier speed, and remember, its not going to be like netflix or your cable/TV service as your pay alot of money each money to get all the smooth clean video, there are a couple premium paid subscriptions places out their for Kodi that give a much cleaner and non-buffering service if your willing to part with $5 to $10/mth

Kodi itself straight from the store is completely legit and is mainly setup to be a way to watch your personal collection of audio & video files, what sets it into the grey area used to be the ADD-ONS which allowed you to view movies still in the theater, etc..., but then ADD-0NS started getting sued for providing access to copyrighted movies so they have now blacklisted all the stuff folks are really looking for... however they do provide a work around, on the ADD-ONS website they give you access to a program that you need to download that will allow you to take the responsibility. It lets you download any 3rd party app or add-on you want through a much more reputable and much more secure server which also helps your safety

Do you research simply by googling up the info, start on addons.com, these Kodi/andriod boxes are not for beginners and don't make it very easy for the average Joe, so its worth paying up to $50 to get someone who knows how to do it if you are not fluent with it

although blacklisted Neptune Rising is still currently working well

these listed below have been removed from Kodi ADD-ONS but once you have the 3rd party app installed following the instructions on the ADD-ONS site use the creator or username to find their apps, the usernames are in the "()" after each blacklisted item and if you live in Canada you will need a VPN app as well to view a few of these apps

Blacklisted Kodi Addons (and Forks)

This list consists only of Kodi addons (and forks) which were banned within the last three months. Developers listed in brackets will not be welcome to use our platform, although their ban may be appealed should they cease distribution of blacklisted addons!

1Channel: plugin.video.1channel (kodibae)

Sportie: plugin.video.sportie (kodibae)

Ultimate IPTV: plugin.video.uiptv (kodibae)

Ultimate Whitecream: plugin.video.uwc (kodibae)

SportsDevil: plugin.video.SportsDevil (kodibae)

cCloud TV: plugin.video.ccloudtv (kodibae)

Exodus: plugin.video.exodus (kodibae)

XXX-O-DUS: plugin.video.xxx-o-dus (kodibae)

9Anime: plugin.video.9anime (dxcx)

Covenant: plugin.video.covenant (covenantkodi)

Elementum: plugin.video.elementum (elgatito)

Gaia: plugin.video.gaia (gaiaorigin)

Sparkle: plugin.video.sparkle (iwannabelikemike)

Release HUB: plugin.video.theyidrh (mrentertainment)

IceFilms: plugin.video.icefilms (iceballs)

IceFilms: plugin.video.icefilms.new (iceballs)

Incursion: plugin.video.incursion (nixgates)

WatchNixtoons: plugin.video.watchnixtoons (nixgates)

Anime Incursion: plugin.video.animeincursion (nixgates)

Neptune Rising: plugin.video.neptune (mrblamo420)

Death Streams: plugin.video.blamo (mrblamo420)

Placenta: plugin.video.placenta (mrblamo420)

Chappai: plugin.video.chappaai (mrblamo420)

good luck, and enjoy

I wont be answering any questions on this stuff due to how fast this stuff changes, the only way to know what is currently working is to google it up or use the program ADD-ONS suggests to download the 3rd party apps

Built my own 4K mini PC using a Zotac box with i7 chip running Win10 installed and KODI its blazing fast and the system runs seamlessly with bluetooth keyboard or remote.

zbox-qk7p5000-image01.jpg?itok=8b0lddVSttp:

• Like 1

Forget Kodi and Get Leonflix or TeaTV. You no longer have to worry about updating (as it will do it for you) and they have PC applications.

I was big with Kodi and no longer touch it due to those two apps. If you want live TV and are willing to pay 20 bucks a month, you can use SeTV. That also has a VOD feature and you get TV from all over the world.

I couldn't find a way for either TeaTV or Leonflix to tie into TraktTV effectively, which is a pretty important component in my viewing habits.

Forget Kodi and Get Leonflix or TeaTV.

I had tried out TeaTV back in March, maybe April and it was just loaded with ads. Has anything changed?