Ladies: Reminder - Do Not Use PM system to Advertise!!

A few ladies have been reported this week for using the PM system to send UNSOLICITED pm's asking if the guy wants to see them! Guys! Report these PM's to me please as this is not permitted here.

Every PM has a REPORT THIS icon at the top right. Click it and let me know you have never had any previous discussions with this lady about acquiring her service.

This is Unsolicited PM's and I can look it up if I need to and verify that you have never contacted her by PM in the past.

Ladies you will get a 7 day suspension (Without Warning) for doing this. The second time you are caught doing this you will be asked to leave the site. (Your account will be closed)

This is ABUSE to the PM system so please DO NOT DO THIS. Your just making the guys MAD at you for SPAMMING them!!

• Like 6

Yikes is right!!!! SERVICE PROVIDER's 101- YOU NEVER ASK your clients if they want to see you!!!!! :roll: They are completely capable of contacting you when they are ready to see you....I am surprised that some ladies do this, as this is the ultimate turn off for a hobbiest...it kind of defeats the purpose ..It also gives off the impression that you are desperate for business..:handjob:

I couldn't agree more. If aything a provider should be mildly unavailable...lol Make us chase you a bit. That way, when you do see us, we feel spectacularly lucky...

Yikes is right!!!! SERVICE PROVIDER's 101- YOU NEVER ASK your clients if they want to see you!!!!! :roll: They are completely capable of contacting you when they are ready to see you....I am surprised that some ladies do this, as this is the ultimate turn off for a hobbiest...it kind of defeats the purpose ..It also gives off the impression that you are desperate for business..:handjob:
  • Like 3

I have had this happen to me and I must say it is very tasteless, not to mention awkward! Needless to say I have never been back to see the lady who solicited me...and I never will!

Its the unsolicited part of the equation that folks are complaining about. I had asked a visiting SP to please let me know when she would be in town and did receive a PM from her. Although I could not schedule a meeting her PM was very much appreciated.

Its the unsolicited part of the equation that folks are complaining about. I had asked a visiting SP to please let me know when she would be in town and did receive a PM from her. Although I could not schedule a meeting her PM was very much appreciated.

I PM clients I had seen before , or who PM me before

To tell them .I was coming to town .

I got a 14 day-suspension NOT 7 day suspension .

I didn't know ,And I never wanted to suspended again

I wished I had read this first !!

Sorry again MOD :bowdown:

I learn my lesson

So lady & gentlemen we need to respect the rules.

If you really want a lady to tell she coming back to town .

ask her to email u .

I completely agree that spamming clients you have never seen before is unwanted and unprofessional.

I have a question tho.....I'm noticing a lot of threads started by new members looking for a certain type of lady who is available for a certain time or who is of a certain ethnicity, service-style or whatever. Because most ladies aren't comfortable responding directly in the thread for fear of looking bad, is it then a no-no to PM the individual about his request privately if we have never PMed them before? The "I am looking for...*insert whatever*" threads seem to be asking for input from the ladies and other members but might not be asking for someone to PM them specifically just post in the thread....

• Like 1

And the unsolicited emails or approach is what I was referring to. A client asking an s.p to indicate via email when she is coming to town, that is something completely different. For instance, some of my friends request I send them an email in advance when I plan on renting a room downtown or when I have the occasional weekend or evening availability...there is nothing wrong with contacting those who request this from you. I am just saying I would NEVER email every cerb member I previously met with to indicate I am available for them , that type of thing is what I was referring to, but, we all make mistakes, NO one is perfect!!! ;)

I got a 14 day-suspension NOT 7 day suspension .

I should state that it is a MINIMUM 7 day suspension (If anyone has a track record of having to be warned about other stuff... the suspension would be longer of course).

I completely agree that spamming clients you have never seen before is unwanted and unprofessional.

I have a question tho.....I'm noticing a lot of threads started by new members looking for a certain type of lady who is available for a certain time or who is of a certain ethnicity, service-style or whatever. Because most ladies aren't comfortable responding directly in the thread for fear of looking bad, is it then a no-no to PM the individual about his request privately if we have never PMed them before? The "I am looking for...*insert whatever*" threads seem to be asking for input from the ladies and other members but might not be asking for someone to PM them specifically just post in the thread....

If a memeber is looking for something specific.....sure the lady should contact them by PM and inform them that they can help with thier request

And the unsolicited emails or approach is what I was referring to. A client asking an s.p to indicate via email when she is coming to town, that is something completely different. For instance, some of my friends request I send them an email in advance when I plan on renting a room downtown or when I have the occasional weekend or evening availability...there is nothing wrong with contacting those who request this from you. I am just saying I would NEVER email every cerb member I previously met with to indicate I am available for them , that type of thing is what I was referring to, but, we all make mistakes, NO one is perfect!!! ;)

Again...if you are informing clients who have asked for notice.....or have contacted you before and what to be contacted....sure.....PM is great....

What is / has been happening is some of us are getting unsolicited PM's from ladies we have not seen......have not requested a meeting or updates..........just the fact we look at thier profile..it logs our visit...and them we are PM'ed asking that since we looked at thier profile....would we want to meet?..............

I look at alot of profiles.......when in chat I will check out profiles of chatters.....to see what they like or interests are.....better conversation that way......

By checking a profile does not mean I want to meet......crap...if that were the case I would be busy and broke...and .............

Annessa - I think the problem most of us have is with unsolicited PMs. If I member posts asking for a certain type of lady, I would consider that soliciting.

• Like 1

Annessa - I think the problem most of us have is with unsolicited PMs. If I member posts asking for a certain type of lady' date=' I would consider that soliciting.[/quote']

ok, I just wanted to be sure...because sometimes they aren't asking the girls to PL but are asking for members feedback....sometimes a member is not going to know whether a gal is interested in a certain fetish etc.....but the ladies will, and may want to keep from the public that they are into something...

I would still appreciate mod's confirmation on this as it may be considered by some to be "unsolicited" if they put the word out to members instead of the ladies themselves......I just want to be careful and not tread on a fine line and get the OK first before messaging a member in a case like this

Personally I think if a guy posted a message looking for a particular type of girl, then that particular type of girl PM's him that is not unsolicited. It is SOLICITED. He asked for it.

A PM a girl I know about her new hours or how to book her or whatever is welcome in my inbox as well, however that could be called unsolicited. I guess a public message is a better idea in that case.

ok, I just wanted to be sure...because sometimes they aren't asking the girls to PL but are asking for members feedback....sometimes a member is not going to know whether a gal is interested in a certain fetish etc.....but the ladies will, and may want to keep from the public that they are into something...

I would still appreciate mod's confirmation on this as it may be considered by some to be "unsolicited" if they put the word out to members instead of the ladies themselves......I just want to be careful and not tread on a fine line and get the OK first before messaging a member in a case like this

I have had this happen to me and I must say it is very tasteless, not to mention awkward! Needless to say I have never been back to see the lady who solicited me...and I never will!

Just to clarify my previous point as I was not clear at all. When I stated that I find it tasteless and awkward I was, and still am referring to forms of contact other than pm. When I was contacted by the lady in my previous post it was by text message and not by pm here on Cerb. So to clarify, for my own sake if nothing else, I have no issue with a lady contacting via pm to let me know she will be in the area or even just to converse. I do have an issue, a big one at that, with being contacted by text or phone.

My apologies for having to add another post to this thread just so I could clarify my thoughts, but my original post is too old to edit at this point. Again my apologies for not really adding anything new..

Just to clarify my previous point as I was not clear at all. When I stated that I find it tasteless and awkward I was, and still am referring to forms of contact other than pm. When I was contacted by the lady in my previous post it was by text message and not by pm here on Cerb. So to clarify, for my own sake if nothing else, I have no issue with a lady contacting via pm to let me know she will be in the area or even just to converse. I do have an issue, a big one at that, with being contacted by text or phone.

My apologies for having to add another post to this thread just so I could clarify my thoughts, but my original post is too old to edit at this point. Again my apologies for not really adding anything new..

no need to appologize... it IS definitely a no-no to text anyone you of the blue as you never know who may be checkin their phone etc....even if they are single at one point does not mean they might be attached at another point....some blackberries and iPhones display the message right away on the screen before the person has to check it....you never know who is looking and you never know what you may be interrupting.....PM is discrete....but as many said, if it isn't asked for, dont do it......the same should be applied to texts x10

I may have just committed this heinous no-no. I sent a PM to someone who had posted something specific and was looking; stating that he had had no one.

My bad, if it was one. I will take the suspension as is due if it gets reported. Im very sorry. :confused:

Edit: After re-reading this thread again, I think Im ok.

Guest s******ecan****
I may have just committed this heinous no-no. I sent a PM to someone who had posted something specific and was looking; stating that he had had no one.

My bad, if it was one. I will take the suspension as is due if it gets reported. Im very sorry. :confused:

Edit: After re-reading this thread again, I think Im ok.

In my interpretation this is not soliciting via the PM system. I would back you on this.

We don't let the guys post "Ads" asking for ladies to contact them (But sometimes the guys post them and they slip by - when I catch them I let them know it's not appropriate).

If they ask the other guys for recommendations and you PM him ... your breaking the rules. But technically if they are that lazy and choose to ask ladies to CONTACT them instead of doing the research themselves and you PM him in reply to his request for ladies to contact him with offers I really can't hold that against you... but chances are he is not going to be the most desirable client as that is just lazy is it not?? That is how I see it.

Some guys try to post "I am looking for ... Tonight please contact me if your available" (addressed as a AD to the ladies) to me this is just bullshit and I don't allow it on the site ... he is not taking the time to find someone specific and is just being lazy to see who would contact him directly as opposed to him doing the leg work and finding the right lady that appeals the most to him. You got the guys who have some specific fetishes (Feet usually) asking for ladies to contact them... to me... that is crap and I am sure no one wants to read posts like that here.

• Like 1

Some guys try to post "I am looking for ... Tonight please contact me if your available"....

This was not the case.

But I am very clear now on the blurry edge of this topic (and there does seem to be a gray area lurking in the middle of black and white). I'll just stay away from PM'ing unless PM'ed first. Easy peasy.

As an aside: I will say though that fetish oriented Hobbiests have told me over and over how hard it is to actually find women who specialize on CERB.

Thank you again Mod. :smile:

I'll just stay away from PM'ing unless PM'ed first. Easy peasy.

Good idea. At least if you are contacting them with info about your services. If you are socially contacting them (Not trying to set up an appointment with them but say you are replying in private to a question they asked... no one should ever fault you for that).

Keep in mind I review this stuff manually (and any mod in the future would do the same) it's not black and white (Nothing ever really is) so each case is unique when reported.

We don't let the guys post "Ads" asking for ladies to contact them (But sometimes the guys post them and they slip by - when I catch them I let them know it's not appropriate).

If they ask the other guys for recommendations and you PM him ... your breaking the rules. But technically if they are that lazy and choose to ask ladies to CONTACT them instead of doing the research themselves and you PM him in reply to his request for ladies to contact him with offers I really can't hold that against you... but chances are he is not going to be the most desirable client as that is just lazy is it not?? That is how I see it.

Some guys try to post "I am looking for ... Tonight please contact me if your available" (addressed as a AD to the ladies) to me this is just bullshit and I don't allow it on the site ... he is not taking the time to find someone specific and is just being lazy to see who would contact him directly as opposed to him doing the leg work and finding the right lady that appeals the most to him. You got the guys who have some specific fetishes (Feet usually) asking for ladies to contact them... to me... that is crap and I am sure no one wants to read posts like that here.

Thank you for the clarification Mod....the issue I was dealing with was male members seeking the feedback from other male members about girls who are X or into X" I thought to myself..."well if hes asking the guys and a lady PMs him..is this unsoliceted because he only asked the guys?

the grey area however (as noted) is sometimes the guys may not know that a certain provider is into a certain fetish and some ladies may not want to advertise this. Thats where it gets tricky if a lady Pms someone privately to say they are all for something without putting it out there...however the member may turn around and get mad because it was "unsolicited" because he was only asking the guys....when in fact few may share the same quirk or know of gals that do. If we can all agree that if a question (no matter who is asked publicly) may be addressed by a lady via PM (an NO other means) I think that will save a lot of grey areas.......as long as she does so politely and not seeeming to haggle them for a booking.

RE: the "lazy posts" of guys asking for any girl in their area who is "x type" (that could easily be searched) who is available at X time....I think many will agree that the first advice before recommending anyone is "the search option and ads section for today is a wonderful tool"

Thank you for the clarification Mod....the issue I was dealing with was male members seeking the feedback from other male members about girls who are X or into X" I thought to myself..."well if hes asking the guys and a lady PMs him..is this unsoliceted because he only asked the guys?
YES! Absolutely. In fact the guys are not allowed to post "ADS" for ladies to contact them. For instance if a guy posts "Ladies I would like some company tonight, looking for .... please PM me" I warn them about this and remove the post (or edit it). It happens a lot as some guys are lazy! - especially ones with "specific needs" and fetishes.

They should rephrase the post as "Guys, I am looking for ...... does anyone have any suggestions" and let the GUYS recommend the ladies. If a lady contacts him by PM I consider that unsolicited (I doubt the guy would report the lady but it is possible) or the lady posts "I DO THAT" on the thread in the discussion area (and I see that as advertising outside of the announcements area so that also gets you in trouble). Instead I would suggest you include his "NEEDS" in your next advertisement and I bet some of the guys here would say "Go see ..... she advertises this service in her ads here"

the grey area however (as noted) is sometimes the guys may not know that a certain provider is into a certain fetish and some ladies may not want to advertise this. Thats where it gets tricky if a lady Pms someone privately to say they are all for something without putting it out there...however the member may turn around and get mad because it was "unsolicited" because he was only asking the guys....when in fact few may share the same quirk or know of gals that do. If we can all agree that if a question (no matter who is asked publicly) may be addressed by a lady via PM (an NO other means) I think that will save a lot of grey areas.......as long as she does so politely and not seeeming to haggle them for a booking.
No, as stated above if you are replying to offer YOUR services to a guy (PM or PUBLIC POST) and he did not contact you first directly you are in violation of this rule and if he reports you to the mod you will be warned or penalized for this as it is not acceptable on cerb.

RE: the "lazy posts" of guys asking for any girl in their area who is "x type" (that could easily be searched) who is available at X time....I think many will agree that the first advice before recommending anyone is "the search option and ads section for today is a wonderful tool"
That is what I PM them to tell them when I delete such a post. Sometimes if I have time I will edit the post for them changing it from asking the ladies to contact him directly to asking the guys to recommend a lady to him. I take the time to contact the lazy guy and explain the search feature and advertising to the ladies for them to contact you is not acceptable on cerb.