Initial contact with SP

I always struggle with contacting an SP for the very first time. I prefer text , but always struggle with that opening text.

Hi, how are you? or...

I saw your ad..

These seem pretty lame to me.

Also , is it proper to use her "stage " name when contacting her.

I ask this because i understand someone other than her could pick up the phone, possibly friend or family member who she does not want reading the text.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

• Like 2

Pls start with hello and "i saw your ad on ......" i can't tell you how helpful it is to know which ad someone is referring to.

i'm assuming if she has a # in her ad, it is on a phone only she is accessing, not family members picking up her phone. But if the content of a text is a concern, why not simply phone the person. That way there are no messages left in view along with your ph#.

in all cases, contact the sp according to how she says she wants to be contacted, whether text, phone call, or email, of course.

• Like 6

I've always found an email telling her a bit about yourself paves the way to any further communications. Without being explicit you can let her know what your needs are and it generally puts her at ease, she can see what type of person to expect. You have to remember that text has limits for a first time inquiry.

• Like 1

First use the lady's preferred method of contact be it email, text or phone

If phone or text are her preferred method of contact, then use those methods of contact

As for initial contact, introduce yourself, say where you saw her profile/website and would like to meet her

And it is OK to use her stage name...better than "hey you" LOL

You might also, if the lady has screening/verification requirements provide all info needed (name/phone/email/board handle confirmed by PM) and let the lady know a reference will be forthcoming after you contact your reference for permission

A rambling

RG

• Like 1

Hello "____", I saw your ad on ____. Is a perfect way to start.

Bad ways to start:

Hey

How much

You free

Wots up sexii (avoid text speak)

Yo

Wanna f*ck

I actually had a template of a sample email for contact and I took it down because I thought I was being too a nal retentive lol

Text speech is not just a turn off for ladies, but for guys, well this guy too

I h8 when some1 speaks using text speak. A well written letter from a lady I like, but text speak, it is like the writer can't be bothered to even post a letter

One of the down sides of twitter it's conducive to text speak

Anyhow, a rambling

RG

Hello Gabby,

My name is Mark. I'm a gentlemen is my early 40's. I saw your ad on Lyla and I was wondering if you would be available tomorrow afternoon (or give an exact time) for a 2 hour in-call. Please call me back between 2pm and 5pm today or send me a text at your earliest convenience. Thanks!

--------------------

In a few short sentences, you have addressed her by name, introduced yourself, given her a day, time and length for a rendez-vous, location preference (in or out) and the best way to reach you.

• Like 9

Hello Gabby,

My name is Mark. I'm a gentlemen is my early 40's. I saw your ad on Lyla and I was wondering if you would be available tomorrow afternoon (or give an exact time) for a 2 hour in-call. Please call me back if you are not a Habs fan between 2pm and 5pm today or send me a text at your earliest convenience. Thanks!

--------------------

In a few short sentences, you have addressed her by name, introduced yourself, given her a day, time and length for a rendez-vous, location preference (in or out) and the best way to reach you.

Slight tweak ....

• Like 2

It is way better than Hey You or Sup? lol The "Sup?" Always makes me giggle!!

"Sup" make me go.... " Facepalm" "shaking my head" " oh geez not one of those again"