Members requesting info

Agree 100% We should all share our experiences as I have done it, however, some people here DO have experiences and "forget" to share them, that's why some of us have to "ask".

• Like 1

I agree...I have been trying to get any or all contact information for Sarah(formally of Broadways) and Jenni Hunter. I had seen them both a number of times - absolutely wonderful in each their own ways. Sarah a bubbly and cute "punk" look and Jenni was beautiful beyond words! I would love to see them again and am hoping some one can point me in the right direction to see them once again.

I agree...I have been trying to get any or all contact information for Sarah(formally of Broadways) and Jenni Hunter. I had seen them both a number of times - absolutely wonderful in each their own ways. Sarah a bubbly and cute "punk" look and Jenni was beautiful beyond words! I would love to see them again and am hoping some one can point me in the right direction to see them once again.

They don't want to be found.

• Like 1

Exactly. Lots of providers retire form the business without fanfare or announcements. They just slip back into their previous life or start a new life. Leave them be.
  • Like 3

You have ten posts, six are asking for information about a retired lady.

Stop and think about that.

Respect her privacy.

Additional Comments:

members who come on here and ask info on sp's without providing information back

In a nutshell, this is why I left.

• Like 4

Sarah from Broadway's... she was (is) amazing. I would consider her to be the iconic 'girl next door'. She was my first girl at Broadway's. Great memories.

Geo

Guest v**do****g

I agree that sharing information with non contributing members is not worth the effort.

In the past I used to share way too much information and post lots of reviews.

In hindsight I should not have not even bothered and will not be posting any new reviews or give recommendations in the future.

I agree that sharing information with non contributing member is not worth the effort.

In hindsight I should not have not even bothered and will not be posting any new reviews or give recommendations in the future.

I don't think that's why Judo started this thread. I think he meant the opposite.

Encouraging members to share their experiences, not start holding back.

At least, that's what I got from it.

• Like 1

I agree that sharing information with non contributing members is not worth the effort.

I sure hope you change your mind one day, VDK. I've appreciated your contributions when you were active on the other boards. I'm glad you're still participating here.

Thanks to all the contributors!

As the OP said, the source of annoyance is not (or should not be) that "non-contributing" members also benefit from information the rest of us provide; if you think that's ever going to stop on any BBS on any topic... All I can say is, that's the nature of the beast. Too many people seem to think a forum is about asking for rather than sharing with. But anyone who stops contributing to the public board because of this is only adding to the problem, and defeating the purpose of the site--which means defeating yourself in the process: if everyone took that attitude there'd be nothing left but a bunch of unanswered questions.

Keeping it simple: Are you asking for information from us? Then share information with us too.

Call it a gentlemen's agreement: threads are not started unless you have information/discussion/opinion to share, as well as asking any questions. In other words, make the effort to do more than point out there's a new ad on BP, more than ask "Has anyone seen her?" (particularly if the ad is literally a day old or less). Do a bit of research (anything at all): TinEye search, Google Images, Google the phone number. Search it here, search the name here: if it's someone who's been reviewed before, add to that thread rather than starting a new one, which moves it to the top (makes it "live" again--maybe some of you haven't realized that's how they work). Likewise, if you discover a B and S or anything else potentially dangerous, report it. It's not a lot to ask.

On the subject of asking about ladies who used to work at X but moved, well, sometimes that's legitimate (they've gone indy, etc.), but yeah, if you've had to ask several times, might be time to move on.

• Like 5

Guest v**do****g

I for one spent a lot of money and time seeing providers and posted way too much information and tips in the past.

It was a total waste of time writing all those reviews and sharing them with others and I have learned from my mistakes.

It is better to just keep your information to yourself and the intimate details between you and your provider.

I really hope that everyone learns from my mistakes and keeps their experiences a secret.

I for one spent a lot of money and time seeing providers and posted way too much information and tips in the past.

It was a total waste of time writing all those reviews and sharing them with others and I have learned from my mistakes.

It is better to just keep your information to yourself and the intimate details between you and your provider.

I really hope that everyone learns from my mistakes and keeps their experiences a secret.

Thank you for defining what a community is NOT about!

• Like 3

Thank you for defining what a community is NOT about!

Exactly my sentiments WhereIRoam!

Without members sharing reviews and/or participating on the board in other ways, there would be no community. You wouldn't keep asking for help from your neighbour without being willing to help them in your turn?

And there are a few members who have shared an extraordinary amount of information and experience with members in an unselfish way over many years. These exceptional members should be the examples we aspire to vs. the others who do not share.

Edited by Manluvsex
Corrected grammar.
  • Like 2

Welcome to our world! Half these men can't even read a website for a providers info, and ask the same questions that would be clearly answered if they took five minutes to actually read.

That's why i took down my number and only do email. Before, I liked being easy to reach, and the phone is the easiest way, however after time, the "rates, services, location" texts just turned me off the phone completely. I wonder sometimes why spend $ on a site and time to get it right (pictures, text, the right aesthetic) if its not even glanced at other than to get our number... as a result, many providers are just ignoring these communications. In the past i've tried pointing gents to my site, now i don't even respond to one liners. If you can't introduce yourself and/or form a proper sentence we probably won't connect well, which for me is the most important thing. If we can't even get guys to read our sites, good luck getting them to contribute meaningfully to this great resource. The expectation of extremely low rate with every service under the sun offered without any foundation is the new norm, these guys are all about getting as much as they can with the least amount of effort, why would they contribute meaningful info as it has no perceived benefit to them?

I thank my lucky stars for the good men on this site, who read and contribute to meaningful discussions, its taught me a great deal about what *MY* type of client is seeking and how to provide them with that which they seek... Lyla has been an invaluable resource for me in learning how to perfect my chosen craft, and has introduced me to great friends that i cherish. I value your contributions and i'd be very sad to see this place turn into the cess pool state others are in...

• Like 7

to a certain extent Lyla is like all other forums I am a member of - which are mostly tech & music ones. 10% of members provide all the content and rest just benefit. I do think though quality of the content is the best vs other review sites though

going the extra step and PMing people for info though is a bit irritating if done repeatedly

LuxeMulvari - I have same basic problem as you and most other small businesses - people are too lazy to read website's content which makes no sense as its faster to do so vs contacting the business. Smart to take your phone number off

• Like 2

Guest v**do****g

You can contribute on these type of review forums without giving up everyone that you have seen or writing a million brag reviews.

Half the reviews on these types of websites are just exaggerated fantasy fiction.

If a potential client has a question about rates or services they should just contact the provider and get the information first hand.

I would however say to be careful on the reviews that you do write because if you have a falling out with someone they can all be used against you.

Trusting the wrong people can be a huge mistake.

Welcome to our world! Half these men can't even read a website for a providers info, and ask the same questions that would be clearly answered if they took five minutes to actually read.

That's why i took down my number and only do email. Before, I liked being easy to reach, and the phone is the easiest way, however after time, the "rates, services, location" texts just turned me off the phone completely. I wonder sometimes why spend $ on a site and time to get it right (pictures, text, the right aesthetic) if its not even glanced at other than to get our number... as a result, many providers are just ignoring these communications. In the past i've tried pointing gents to my site, now i don't even respond to one liners. If you can't introduce yourself and/or form a proper sentence we probably won't connect well, which for me is the most important thing. If we can't even get guys to read our sites, good luck getting them to contribute meaningfully to this great resource. The expectation of extremely low rate with every service under the sun offered without any foundation is the new norm, these guys are all about getting as much as they can with the least amount of effort, why would they contribute meaningful info as it has no perceived benefit to them?

I thank my lucky stars for the good men on this site, who read and contribute to meaningful discussions, its taught me a great deal about what *MY* type of client is seeking and how to provide them with that which they seek... Lyla has been an invaluable resource for me in learning how to perfect my chosen craft, and has introduced me to great friends that i cherish. I value your contributions and i'd be very sad to see this place turn into the cess pool state others are in...

Voodoo King, you may want to read a bit more widely than you have done on here, perhaps, and discover that posts are mostly not about "bragging" or basic information (even if that's often what's requested by some). They're also about safety and avoiding risks physical and otherwise, etiquette, do's and don'ts, etc. There are discussions about the laws of the land and those who enforce them. There are threads out there that have nothing to do with the 'main topic' here.

Now, if what you've been saying all along here is that you shared TOO MUCH information in the past, fair enough, and that's one thing. But to go from one extreme to the other (sharing "nothing") is just as bad. Point taken there are braggarts and fiction-writers in this world (again, nature of the beast), but that's why the site has a rating system (thanks and nominations) and people with one or two posts are less likely to be believed than those with a few dozen or a few hundred. It's why corroboration of data matters. There are many people on this board and the other who have literally avoided being robbed, scammed or assaulted because of this site. Think about that. You are probably one of them. And even if not, you know what? You still benefited from that information being put out there for you. So you're saying to all that, "I'm all right, Jack," and that's that. And don't care what happens to anyone else? Is that how you live your life in general? How's that working out?

When I saw a car crash into another one in broad daylight, I did not just drive home. I got out of my car, walked over to the scene and after assuring myself no-one needed help, talked to the driver I considered to be not at fault, and told him I'd be a witness if he needed me. Likewise, when I saw a nastier car crash clearly caused by people drunk or more likely high at night, I did not just drive home. I stopped a reasonably safe distance away and called 911.

Some will laugh, no doubt, that I'm comparing what I've just described to what we do here, but think about it: is it so far removed? In its own way, it is about civic responsibility, or at the very least looking out for your neighbour (more true than any of us will ever know). If I may belabour the point, since I feel I really need to get through to you: we are supposed to be here helping each other out--including learning from each other's mistakes. If one of us ran into trouble, by sharing it (not personal details, mind you) he prevents others from running into that same trouble. And if one of us had a good time, then so might others.

So, yes, I consider sharing information about good providers in its own way as important as sharing information about scammers, muggers and B/S. Two sides of the same coin. Steering clear of the rocks is made that much easier if there is a lighthouse pointing them out, but there also has to be a shore, a destination, in sight, or else what's the point of it all?

Edited by Zarhan Fastfire
missing words
  • Like 2

Guest v**do****g

These sites are basically all about getting paid by the providers and not really about a client's safety.

You can't even post a derogatory comment about a negative experience that you may have had with a provider.

Does that make anyone feel safe.

Wether or not people choose to believe it whenever a client chooses to visit an SP they are taking their chances and they are pretty much on their own and have to rely on their own instincts to stay safe.

No one on this forum is going to hold their hand and lead the way for them.

Most clients do not know other clients personally nor should they.

Nobody on any of these forums actually has anyone's back but their own which I fully understand.

If a client has done this long enough he or she should know how to spot a fake and the warning signs of an SP that needs be avoided.

It is called spidey senses for a reason.

Voodoo King, you may want to read a bit more widely than you have done on here, perhaps, and discover that posts are mostly not about "bragging" or basic information (even if that's often what's requested by some). They're also about safety and avoiding risks physical and otherwise, etiquette, do's and don'ts, etc. There are discussions about the laws of the land and those who enforce them. There are threads out there that have nothing to do with the 'main topic' here.

Now, if what you've been saying all along here is that you shared TOO MUCH information in the past, fair enough, and that's one thing. But to go from one extreme to the other (sharing "nothing") is just as bad. Point taken there are braggarts and fiction-writers in this world (again, nature of the beast), but that's why the site has a rating system (thanks and nominations) and people with one or two posts are less likely to be believed than those with a few dozen or a few hundred. It's why corroboration of data matters. There are many people on this board and the other who have literally avoided being robbed, scammed or assaulted because of this site. Think about that. You are probably one of them. And even if not, you know what? You still benefited from that information being put out there for you. So you're saying to all that, "I'm all right, Jack," and that's that. And don't care what happens to anyone else? Is that how you live your life in general? How's that working out?

When I saw a car crash into another one in broad daylight, I did not just drive home. I got out of my car, walked over to the scene and after assuring myself no-one needed help, talked to the driver I considered to be not at fault, and told him I'd be a witness if he needed me. Likewise, when I saw a nastier car crash clearly caused by people drunk or more likely high at night, I did not just drive home. I stopped a reasonably safe distance away and called 911.

Some will laugh, no doubt, that I'm comparing what I've just described to what we do here, but think about it: is it so far removed? In its own way, it is about civic responsibility, or at the very least looking out for your neighbour (more true than any of us will ever know). If I may belabour the point, since I feel I really need to get through to you: we are supposed to be here helping each other out--including learning from each other's mistakes. If one of us ran into trouble, by sharing it (not personal details, mind you) he prevents others from running into that same trouble. And if one of us had a good time, then so might others.

So, yes, I consider sharing information about good providers in its own way as important as sharing information about scammers, muggers and B/S. Two sides of the same coin. Steering clear of the rocks is made that much easier if there is a lighthouse pointing them out, but there also has to be a shore, a destination, in sight, or else what's the point of it all?

These sites are basically all about getting paid by the providers and not really about a client's safety.

You can't even post a derogatory comment about a negative experience that you may have had with a provider.

Does that make anyone feel safe.

Wether or not people choose to believe it whenever a client chooses to visit an SP they are taking their chances and they are pretty much on their own and have to rely on their own instincts to stay safe.

No one on this forum is going to hold their hand and lead the way for them.

Most clients do not know other clients personally nor should they.

Nobody on any of these forums actually has anyone's back but their own which I fully understand.

If a client has done this long enough he or she should know how to spot a fake and the warning signs of an SP that needs be avoided.

It is called spidey senses for a reason.

Providers take the exact same chances that punters do, every time they see a new client.

Sorry, but I don't buy your story. I think you should maybe take a step back and read the posts on this thread again or perhaps just step away from this thread all together. Just an idea...

• Like 1

I am inclined to agree WhereIRoam.

Voodooking, you've heard the phrase fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity right? That's what you're doing. Contributing to a thread about contributing to a site which you don't believe in anymore, and arguing against contributing, in the form of a contribution, to a site you obviously read quite a bit. Can you see how messed up that is?

With each post, you dig yourself deeper into a dark hole: contributing is pointless, experienced clients know enough without us bothering--seriously, are you just trolling? Because it sure sounds like it, unless you've grown so cynical over the years that you can't see light for all the darkness surrounding you. "Experienced" clients are the only ones who matter and even they don't benefit from talking--'cause they're these strong silent types I suppose. I can't even take this argument seriously. "So what if some guy gets mugged his first time answering an ad. That'll learn 'im. Man up." If that's really your attitude and you refuse to contribute constructively--really, what have you actually said in this thread but whine about your own supposed dark past, bitch about people who do contribute, call them liars, and basically tell everyone else they are all somehow better off if they shut up? I'm not wasting my breath anymore. But I do suggest you privately address in yourself the contradiction in what you're saying versus what you're doing: perhaps it's best you practice what you preach: stop contributing altogether if that's what you really believe, starting with this thread, and then the site.

Edited by Zarhan Fastfire
grammar

Guest v**do****g

I never asked you for your advise and just stated my opinion on this matter.

Don't be so sensitive when you disagree with other people's opinions.

Have a nice day.

I am inclined to agree WhereIRoam.

Voodooking, you've heard the phrase fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity right? That's what you're doing. Contributing to a thread about contributing to a site which you don't believe in anymore, and arguing against contributing, in the form of a contribution, to a site you obviously read quite a bit. Can you see how messed up that is?

With each post, you dig yourself deeper into a dark hole: contributing is pointless, experienced clients know enough without us bothering--seriously, are you just trolling? Because it sure sounds like it, unless you've grown so cynical over the years that you can't see light for all the darkness surrounding you. "Experienced" clients are the only ones who matter and even they don't benefit from talking--'cause they're these strong silent types I suppose. I can't even take this argument seriously. "So what if some guy gets mugged his first time answering an ad. That'll learn 'im. Man up." If that's really your attitude and you refuse to contribute constructively--really, what have you actually said in this thread but whine about your own supposed dark past, bitch about people who do contribute, call them liars, and basically tell everyone else they are all somehow better off if they shut up? I'm not wasting my breath anymore. But I do suggest you privately address in yourself the contradiction in what you're saying versus what you're doing: perhaps it's best you practice what you preach: stop contributing altogether if that's what you really believe, starting with this thread, and then the site.