Negotiating Rates???

I have heard from a lot more SPs lately that people are booking them, saying "I saw your ad, and wanted to book with you". Then the guy shows up for the appointment already having seen the ad and seen the prices and agreed to it. And as soon as they get there they try to negotiate a lower price. I know this is something that always happens but it seems like the number of occurences is on the rise lately and it's not just newbies that have done it.

Have other SPs noticed an increase in people doing this lately? or is it just a coincidence that the ones I have talked with a lot lately have had this happening more? Is this something happening because of the economy?

It's happened to me on a few occasions, and when it does, I "show them the door" in polite terms. My ads are clearly stated with services and rates, that totally ruins the mood and the day if you try and be a cheap ass! :x

I have had frequent emails trying to negotiate but its never happened in person.

Rule number one: There is no negotiation allowed.

If you aren't happy with the price of a mercedez, buy a chevrolet.

This is something I have encountered more then once and have to say its one of the most disrespectful things a client can do. Before booking an appointment with me I inform all clients of my rates and there should be no reason to discuss this when they arrive. As Angela Aurora said totally this ruins the mood for the day and for me made me decide to stay away from Ottawa for a while due to this happening.

Honestly I dont think its due to the economy some people will never be happy regardless of what you offer. I know not only myself but many of the sp's have been having a variety of specials over the last few months and that only seems to increase the number of men who seem to think well I can just walk in and name my price then since she willing to flex from her rate which is eventually going to ruin it for the ones who apprciate and respect us sps who give specials when times are tough.

Thats just my 2cents

Have the requested donation in an envelope. Its that simple.

This is something I have encountered more then once and have to say its one of the most disrespectful things a client can do. Before booking an appointment with me I inform all clients of my rates and there should be no reason to discuss this when they arrive. As Angela Aurora said totally this ruins the mood for the day and for me made me decide to stay away from Ottawa for a while due to this happening.

Honestly I dont think its due to the economy some people will never be happy regardless of what you offer. I know not only myself but many of the sp's have been having a variety of specials over the last few months and that only seems to increase the number of men who seem to think well I can just walk in and name my price then since she willing to flex from her rate which is eventually going to ruin it for the ones who apprciate and respect us sps who give specials when times are tough.

Thats just my 2cents

Ladies will sometimes drop their prices, but the service suffers and the lady caries a chip on their shoulder it is just no worth it. Now try going the other way add a few bucks and see what that gets ya!! now that is good stuff!!

I have heard from a lot more SPs lately that people are booking them, saying "I saw your ad, and wanted to book with you". Then the guy shows up for the appointment already having seen the ad and seen the prices and agreed to it. And as soon as they get there they try to negotiate a lower price. I know this is something that always happens but it seems like the number of occurences is on the rise lately and it's not just newbies that have done it.

Have other SPs noticed an increase in people doing this lately? or is it just a coincidence that the ones I have talked with a lot lately have had this happening more? Is this something happening because of the economy?

This is likely those just looking to get their rocks off and think they are having the best bang for buck by trying to negotiate $$ at the last second.

Also - if they would take the time to do their homework they will realize that there are different providers for different budgets. Sometimes though people, it is not about the budgets but about having a memorable experience.

Guest i***k***

I prefer not to discuss these types of things when I arrive (or the lady arrives), it takes away from the mood completely. I like to immerse myself in the moment and enjoy the beautiful company...

I couldn't think of a better way to mess up what may have been a terrific experience with a lady by offering her less than what she sets her donations at. This isn't the way it works guys! Many of us, on the other hand, tend to be even more generous than the stated rates/donations.

I couldn't think of a better way to mess up what may have been a terrific experience with a lady by offering her less than what she sets her donations at. This isn't the way it works guys! Many of us, on the other hand, tend to be even more generous than the stated rates/donations.

Fumble - I wanted to make a general comment based on your post (which I happen to agree with).

There's likely different schools of thought out there. Those that will pay exactly the requested donation. Those that will pay donation + tip.

Those who'll pay donation + tip + provide a gift.

And then there's repeat business...

Whatever type of client one may be - be respectful - it goes a long way in heightening the overall experience.

Well said by both of you, it always goes a long way with your appointment, having the full amount + tip in a envelope set aside prior to getting into it + a gift is always appreciated.

But being just plain respectful in all of your daily routine goes a long way...like holding a door open for someone..

saying hello to someone...

like saying thank-you after receiving something from someone, does matter how small it is..(like getting your coffee at Timmy's..thank-you).

Being respectful now a days..really goes a long way,business or pleasure.

• Like 1

I have also notice a few emails regarding price haggling. I am always firm on price, so I just refer them to a Sp who is offering service at that price they wanted.

I don't take it personal, because after all it doen't hurt to try, you might catch an SP on a slow day or week....

Just as long as its done tackful

Exactly Seymour! With me, respect is always given freely (to everyone).

Fumble - I wanted to make a general comment based on your post (which I happen to agree with).

There's likely different schools of thought out there. Those that will pay exactly the requested donation. Those that will pay donation + tip.

Those who'll pay donation + tip + provide a gift.

And then there's repeat business...

Whatever type of client one may be - be respectful - it goes a long way in heightening the overall experience.

I've never had no negotiate but i have met SP's who bait & switch and change the price when you go out of your way & show up to their door after both discussing beforehand how much it was going to be.

It's happened quite a bit before the recession... now I see those same SP's prices drop drastically. If they were straight up from day one, they wouldn't have to drop any prices. :|

Guest s******ecan****
I have had frequent emails trying to negotiate but its never happened in person.

Rule number one: There is no negotiation allowed.

If you aren't happy with the price of a mercedez, buy a chevrolet.

I research my SP's very well beforehand and when they say no negotiation I take them at their word and have never tried to negotiate. In fact I would be very disappointed if I learned an SP who advertises "rates are not negotiable" in fact does...but only when asked.

I also echo the sentiments about tips and showing common courtesy and politeness....a little of that can go a long way.

I have also notice a few emails regarding price haggling. I am always firm on price, so I just refer them to a Sp who is offering service at that price they wanted.

I don't take it personal, because after all it doen't hurt to try, you might catch an SP on a slow day or week....

Just as long as its done tackful

i like your attitude, referring to another provider is good business sense. it generates goodwill with the client.

in general haggling is an art best conducted in a bazaar.

to me if you can't afford it ? wait until you can. trust me the waiting is part of the fun. its just like psychotherapy, the bill is part of the treatment.

On the whole, I've only had one or two try to haggle with me, and I just tell them the fee is non-negotiable. If they have a problem with my fees they can see another SP whose price is more suitable to their budget.

Or as Etasman said, they can wait until they can afford it.

It takes a certain type to haggle, and in regards to this business it is downright classless. Personally, any discussion in regards to money at the beginning or during a visit, brings to mind that the experience is akin to an illusion and I do not want to go there.

On the flipside, I had a recent encounter where I tried someone new and I booked for 90 mins. Damage was 300. She was sweet and I wanted to see her again so I contacted her directly, not knowing any other specifics about different durations and those rates. I said that I was looking for 2 hrs and that I didn't know how much that would be and threw 360 out there as an example so to speak. She responded back saying that she was OK with that and we met again, had a good connection and all was well.

I tried arranging with her again a few days later and only wanted an hour this time. Sent her a message and asked how much an hour was without mentioning an amount this time. The response was 260. Based on history, that seemed a bit out of whack and I politely mentioned this to her, that I might as well do the 90 mins if that's what one hour will be. She comes back saying that she can go to 220. Right away, that made me feel very uncomfortable, I don't want to negotiate and that wasn't my intention. I respect these girls very much and quibbling over money does not give me a good feeling.

Spoke to her on the phone to explain this and she was very sweet and understanding; said she likes to give breaks to regulars. But I stressed that having a static rate scale would avoid confusion and any scenarios like this. In the end, I wanted to prove a point and said how about 200 for the hr? She said sure thing, no problem, see you tomorrow. I hung up the phone after and had this horrible sensation in the pit of my gut...I really found doing that unsavoury.

Now I was going to give her 220 anyways, but she contacted me about an hour before arrival and said she was running late...2 hrs later than we had arranged. I said that was too late, so we'll have to do it some other time. But all of that just shows that haggling fucks everything up and there's no need for it. Besides my initial confusion and disdain for negotiating, there's also the question that did I get pushed back because someone else was giving her more? Don't get me wrong, she was a sweet kid and I bear no animosity, but seeds of doubt like that will likely mean I will not go back. And I definitely will never negotiate again...

I wish I could say that in a nicer way but some dont get it lol

little head doesn't think that way and little head has a habit of making big head do stupid things.

its a guy thing.

how would the gents doing this feel if they went to work today and their boss said," ok today i can only afford to pay you half of your normal pay but i expect the same amount of work."

how the gents doing this would feel if they went to work today and their boss said," ok today i can only afford to pay you half of your normal pay but i expect the same amount of work."

That would depend on what the option is. If the option is no work for no pay, it would have to be considered. I imagine there are plenty of people in North America who are negotiating their jobs for less pay in this economic climate. Of course this would only be the starting point, I would counter with 80% pay and a shorter work day, and we would go from there. At the end of the day, either person can call no deal and walk away.

For those who seem to disdain negotiating for play, the lot of you would be eaten alive in a Mexican Whorehouse. There negotiation is part of the game. It also gives the girl a graceful way of turning down a less desirable client. I also think that if you don't negotiate fairly and with a little spirit, you don't get a lot of respect from the girl either. It is also an opportunity to gauge compatibility as well. On occasion where the initial offer was a good enough deal for me, I have that the subsequent encounter was a little lackluster as well. On those occasions where I felt that I drove a hard bargain, the encounter was on the upper end of the scale as well. I guess what I am trying to say, is negotiation can be a fun part of the process in a different context.

go to a fine restaurant....have a great meal......fine wine......then ask for the bill.....try to negotioate then......LE will be all over you....

go to the grocerie store.....buy a cart of grocieries...then ask to negotioate the bill....you will walk out the door without a single item.....

walk into McDonalds.....order some foor...then pay less than the asked price...guess what?...no food.

Now these may be odd examples.....but there are places and times you can negotioate....buying a car......street vendors.....3rd world countries.....but asking a professional sexual consultant to drop her rates...is low.....very low...