Things that suck, and not in a good way.

So... last year we discussed things that were awesome... not like a billion diamonds awesome, but like sunshine awesome.

This year we are looking at the anti-awesome. Things that suck. Large. But not large like a plane crash, or having your toes grow together (if that happens)... everyday suck stuff that you can look back at and sorta, giggle.

1. Grooming yourself at the public restroom, you lean too close to the vanity. It appears SOMEONE had been doing a full body bath before you. Result... faux pee stain on the front of your khakis.

2. You struggle and strain with the lid on a jar of something... say like jam (or instead of like jam, jam would suffice.) You pound it with a knife, you whack it on the floor, you run it under cold water. Finally brute force spells success. As you make the final brutal turn, the jar slips from your hand, flies through the air and crashes to the floor. Smashed into a million pieces, a million gooey sticky pieces. You have the lid in your hand.

3. In an intimate gathering you feel the discomfort of excess abdominal pressure. Using your ninja skills, you pass the discord silently into the room... forgetting the meal of cabbage rolls and sauerkraut the night before. No one is amused; they look at you and speak of a person that dines regularly on roadkill....

• Like 6

Guest jake_cdn

Here is some that I find hard to deal with.

1. Spending a significant amount of time with people that you have just been introduced to and finding that your fly has been open the whole time.

2. Giving a presentation to a group of people and realizing that you have a bit of a wet spot on the front of your pants from your bathroom break

3. The introduction of additional body hair in inappropriate places like the top of your ass. This mystifies me.

4. Walking into an elevator where someone has farted and left, then a person gets in on the next floor and thinks it's you and you didn't even have the pleasure that comes with the experience of breaking wind

5. Watching the movie Titanic on the big sceen and realizing that you really have to pee

6. Having a friend's dog romance your leg while trying to make a serious point in your conversation

These all suck !!!

1. Attending a party and realizing when you got there, you forgot the alcohol you bringing at home (lucky there was something open near by to get more).

2. Looking forward to eating that last cookie and discovering your roommate ate it.

3. Getting all dressed up and waiting to be picked up to go to an event and the person who is supposed to be driving you calls you from the event and asks where you, forgetting they promised to pick you up.

4. People who leave the milk bag empty in the fridge.

There are many more, but don't want to dwell on the negative.

Edited by Mature Angela
  • Like 1

1 Teaching a class all day and realizing at the end of the day your shirt was on inside out.

2 When you find an empty toilet paper roll after using the bathroom.

3 People that litter.

4 Being in a meeting and listening to one person's loud voice the entire time .

That's enough for one day. :-)

• Like 1

1) Getting to the airport excited to leave freezing Manitoba for Mexico only to be snowed in for two days.

2) Getting to Mexico and then getting sick for first two days.

3) I am with Cathy on the empty toilet paper roll...that does suck !

4) Going on a 40 dollar cab ride in NYC and then discover you forgot your wallet.

5) It sucks that after a loooong winter that spring has been mostly raining here.

6) Bruins beating the Flyers

• Like 2

1. Spilling coffee on your pants right before you get to the office (like when you're getting out of the car and you hit your hand with the coffee on the steering wheel).

2. Spending an entire day at work in coffee stained pants.

3. Spraying pee all over the washroom because your unit was all bunched up and you didn't notice until it was too late (especially when it's not your own washroom).

• Like 1

* Flying to middle of nowhere Canada and not getting your luggage, only to find nothing open to buy replacement items.

*Calling Rogers and waiting 90mins on hold, when they answer you explain your calling as the cell keeps dropping calls in downtown Toronto as they are in the middle of telling you that you are using the phone wrong, the call drops.

*Waiting 6 weeks for a replacement Iphone only for it not to work

*Travelling to a city that is expensive and having your entire trip no-show(on more than one occasion)

• Like 2

Waving back to someone who you're not sure you know, or even why exactly they're waving at you... only to realize that they're actually communicating with someone behind you.

• Like 4

Guest r**u

Having to get-up and go to work everyday and sit in a fabric covered box; i.e. a cubicle, for 7.5 hours.

Mistaken weather forecasts! I want warm sun for more than or day.

1. Working a total of 34 hours over mother's day weekend

2. Not even getting a thank you from the owner for working all those hours

3. Clopens (closing shift one night, opening shift the very next morning)

4. Running into someone who knows your name and is really glad to see you, but you only have the vaguest of recollections of meeting them and trying not to let on to that fact.

5. Having your date show up to your place completely wasted before the night's even started.

• Like 2

* Department of Motor Vehicles (Possibly invented by Satan himself)

* Bell Canada (Definitely invented by Satan)

* People that have no "in door" voice.

* Air Canada

* Having your pants altered only to find the tailor shortened them too much!

1. After fanning a piece of paper across your face, you end up with a paper cut on your eyelid.

2. Drinking coffee while driving and suddenly having to stop ( insert a few swear words) with coffee spilling all over your crotch.. Getting out of the car afterwards, it looks as though you pissed your pants.

3. Getting woken up out of bed in the early a.m only to have someone no show. In a sleepy state, you envision their head as a dart board and suddenly become more alert.

4. Getting drunk at a party and then someone taking advantage of the fact that you were drunk by claiming you said something that you would never, ever say regardless of whether or not you were drunk or sober.

5. Meeting a client who smells like ASS and refuses to take a shower.

6. After getting your bike stolen right off your driveway in front of everyone, you chase after a fat kid (who should have laid off the KFC) in flipflops screaming and run fast enough to pull him off the bike while your neighbor who is a cop stands there and does NOTHING! You grab the fat 17 year old kid but he manages to escape your grip and runs away panting heavily. You ride away happy you got your bike back and later on let your friend's dog take a big dump on his lawn for being such an ass!!

Additional Comments:

* Department of Motor Vehicles (Possibly invented by Satan himself)

* Bell Canada (Definitely invented by Satan)

LMFAO!!! Hahaha!!!

Guest S**a*Q

This happened today actually...

Woman says: "OMG Where did you get your hair done, I absolutely love the ringlets?"

I respond:"God does my hair, *insert smile and a laugh* Haha, it's natural."

She smiles (or smirks), but with an air of disgust or snarkiness or all in all "old lady anger" and replies "Must be nice..."

I hold back the urge to say: "...must be nice to get away with being a bitch to people's faces..." *(But I don't and I just smile and leave...)

*It's not a whole lotta suck, but it happens a lot more than I'd like it to.*

A couple different variations for me.

1. Finding I'm short money - at Shanghai Airport didn't have enough Chinese money for the cab as hotel guy said flat rate which I had plus tip. 45 mins before international flight. And can't communicate with cab driver.

2. Overcooked steak - Ok, Alberta boy and love a great steak. But hate when they are overcooked. What a waste.

3. Hiccups - Drives me crazy and especially if you get them just at the wrong time.

4. Hotel Issues - and in particular not having hot water or a middle of the night fire alarm. Am I really supposed to get dressed and leave?

Fun reading others too.

Cub

Let's see. Just a few. But otherwise, all is good :)

1. Being in Ottawa for the start of tulip festival week but the tulips were just looking like they wanted to bloom in the near future.

2. Being away from home for the first day of lobster season on May 1st.

3. Those years when April 15th, the first day of trout season, is still like midwinter with frozen ponds and streams

4. Having no one to share my heartshaped whirlpool with. :(

5. Boston beating the Canadiens in overtime in game 7.

6. Being in last place in the Cerb hockey pool.

5. Boston beating the Canadiens in overtime in game 7.

This is a bad thing??? Ha ha just kidding...go Beantown!

1. Sending someone a whisper message in chat, them suddenly leaving the room and then the message turning into a public message for all to see.

2. People getting upset because someone in the room is hard of hearing asked them to raise their voices to be heard but they had no problem blaring the music so loud no one could hear anything.

3. Finding flyers strewn all over the porch and front yard.

4. Going to a get-together that consists of different age groups and one person insisting that their style of music be played all evening.

5. Discovering that KFC tastes not even close to what it was like back in the 70s when you first tried it. Realizing that paying that extra $2.00 for a breast was not worth and that was the most expensive 2 piece meal you ever ended up throwing in the garbage.

Additional Comments:

4. Having no one to share my heartshaped whirlpool with. :(

No! Really, what a shame.

Picking up your Cat to give him love and realizing, by way of a smelly stain on your arm, that he's got dingleberries

Posted via Mobile Device

1) going to get your hair bleached only to find out once its time to rinse that the water has been shut off in the salon and end up enduring 5 hairdressers pour cold water from cups on you

2) moving into a new apartment and alternating scalding and freezing yourself

because the faucets have been put on backwards

3) moving into a new apartment and doing laundry for the first time only to

have soap bubbles come out of the floor drain and wait 6 hours for a plumber to come

4) having said plumber end up to be the first boyfriend you ever had who took the break up extremely hard and wants to talk about it the entire time

5) having your mother offer you triple chocolate cheesecake when you are allergic to the protein in milk and milk products (seriously how did this woman not kill me growing up? She got me my last epi pen....)

Posted via Mobile Device

- hairdresser ruining your hair

- gum stuck to your shoe or stepping in dog crap

- something you want online real bad that only ships to the US

- banging/yelling etc from upstairs or next door appartment neighbours

- hair in food at restaurant

- new shoes that give you blisters

• Like 1

This is an awesome post !!

I have been working outside most of the day. It is raining, thundering, strong winds, cold, damp, and plain shitty, and now in my office and I forgot all about the weather because I can't stop laughing at all of these posts!!! and many oh so tooo familiar !! Just had to check out Cerb for a little "pick me up" !

Having the best hair day ever and no one or anything to do.

Waiting in line at the bank to pay your bills only to realize that your bank card is in the back pocket of your jeans... the ones you are not wearing.

Bringing out a summer time item (pool lights, lawn mower, hedge trimmer whatever) only to find out it doesn't work.

Having a wonderful time with your kid on Mother's Day only to find out your own mom is pissed cause you didn't spend it with her (after 40 some years of always being there)

Fixing a run on toilet with what the Home Depot guy promised would work...and does for only 2 days only.

* After doing all of my errands on any given day getting home and realizing that I forgot to buy something.

* When I finally got around to changing the oil on my lawn tractor realizing that I forgot to purchase a new oil filter. (See above)

* Preparing dinner last week and cutting my finger.

* Preparing dinner TONIGHT and cutting another finger...

* Attempting to explain to clerk at box store why I want to purchae dull knives and getting no help at all!

Your cell phone is 3 years old and does not keep charge and goes bezerk, you call the phone company they give you a deal over the phone so you run to the phone store and get a new on that you pay right away, go home and get a bill in the mail for the same phone at twice the price??????

You call them to fix the problem and they forget you on hold for half an hour only to tell you it was your fault and you should have done something before and still want your f#%&*g money.

You make plan 3 month ahead to go to a party with the boys and on that day your wife tells you to get ready to go to her mother with her.

Being the nice guy that you are, a customer(you know him well) comes to your store buys stuff but he forgot his wallet, you take the money out of your own pocket and put it in the cash register because he promised to come and pay you back the next day, you don't see him for a few weeks and when you do he forgot about the money he owes you or has no recollection of what he did that day and says that he does not owe you nothing.