I need your opinion gents, please.

Due to a high level of WOT's and feeling like WOT guys are abusing the text message privilege, I am considering not allowing texts any longer as a means of communication with people that I haven't met yet.

Of course I will leave this option open for people that I know and have seen before. I just feel like people that aren't genuinely interested in an appointment and just the jollies of texting with a lady use and abuse this to no end. I realise this is done with email also, but I am concerned about texts specifically.

I feel like most men have smart phones and are pretty phone savvy and can use an email account on their smart phones to talk or ask questions when they can't call. Now that email and text are basically the same thing with smart phones I feel like I should abolish texting all together. I prefer email because when the potential client that asks one question (sends a text), gets an answer (gets a text) and then asks another question (sends a text) repeat repeat repeat, that I can keep track of the conversation a bit better instead of individual messages without my replies attached to them.

I have sent texts to the wrong person, lost track of the conversation and I get flooded with too many messages rather than just having a really long email exchange. It's also really annoying.

My question is, would this interfere with how you contact someone if you couldn't text or does it not make any difference just going into a different app on your phone?

I would like to hear a clients/guys input on the subject of text messaging vs email. If you find no difference in them? Do you prefer one over the other? Are you the kind of guy with an old analog phone that can't email? And so on. I would appreciate your feedback and input.

Thank you.

SD

Guest *i*********y

Text only for me. I can't make phone calls and if given a choice between two ladies that I am interested in and one said no text, I would go with the one that allowed text. I just find text easier and faster than email. In today's world, convenience wins every time. But that is just me.

Ultimately the choice is yours to make based on what works best for you. I don't think from a client booking perspective it would make a difference if the client was the really interested in seeing you.

That said my preference is clearly text and i find the exchange with the lady through texting a few messages as part of the booking process to be informative to me.

Just my Opinion

Impose a three or four text limit. Most reasonable questions will be answered by then.

I have a female friend who needs several texts to say anything. She sends texts of partial sentences or single words. Very frustrating so I feel your pain.

I much prefer text to email. I have never sent a text to a wrong person. Blackberry has a pretty foolproof text system and BBM is even better.

I am fine with just email. Like you, it's nice to track the conversation. It is also a nice way to "start the process." I think with email, you both get a better sense of the other person BEFORE you meet. It seems that texting is like tweeting...just a stream of conscientiousness going directly from the brain to the fingers and then press send IMHO.

For me initial contact is always email, if some one doesn't provide that option then I move along. I'll text to confirm an appointment and after a visit to thank some one or to set up a re-visit. I don't give up my cell no on spec.

Peace

MG

whatever you choose to go with is your choice.

I gave up on texting as my phone never stopped.

Even though I said to text, I would get phone calls, at usually at the most inopportune time.

Nothing wrong with wanting someone to adhere to your wishes :)

Texting can get endless, and just turns into sexting.

This is the reason I won't go on cam in the chat, people want it for free and this is not what this site is about.

Stick with what you think works best for you :)

I am just a text person and will always choose text over anything else but it usually to the point and kept to three or four texts, I would set a texting limit, I know this is probably easier said than done.

Hey! I look the points you bring up...

I have done all of my bookings via text/e-mail... it's just easier and more convenient that way for me. My cell phone is a work phone... so speaking on it isn't the best option. I would rather email from a pc... text I also keep to a min.

Sounds like you have the wrong individuals just blasting you on a text, should be easy enough to block them :)

• Like 1

Email allows for proper communication and a sense of who you're dealing with.

I've specifically not seen people who are text or call only. The level of literacy can be a good indicator of whether it'll be a good match or not.

I think as you indicate the real time-wasters love texting. They live on it.

Guest *i*********y
Email allows for proper communication and a sense of who you're dealing with.

I've specifically not seen people who are text or call only. The level of literacy can be a good indicator of whether it'll be a good match or not.

I think as you indicate the real time-wasters love texting. They live on it.

Seems to be an almost even split. Maybe do a poll? I have specifically NOT seen people because they would one talk by email or phone and would not allow text.

I prefer texting, but I will call if the lady states calling only.

Personally I play by the ladies rules. there way or the High way right?

If you really want to make sure someone is serious, may I suggest...

...carrier pigeon!

fedex-carrier-pigeon.jpg

My own preference is also to go by email, but I'm also fine calling or texting as the lady requests. Part of why I prefer email is I feel I can introduce myself and ask any questions all in one go...I feel like I'm writing a book if I try to do the same message by text.

I personally don't do texts, as I have found far too many people who text have poor manners, aren't worth your time to respond or are just wanting to have a text marathon instead of booking an appointment.

You have to do what works for you. Trust me when I say that it's less important what the clients demand (sorry guys) and more important to do what allows you to be most relaxed and stress free.

Email is a great alternative and is just as easy as sending a text. You could also be sure to write something in your ad that states etiquette for how to text you. Simple stuff like "one word texts are not replied to" "no marathon texting" "please introduce yourself and include when you wanted to visit when you text me". That way if people text and don't follow the basic parameters you have stated you can ignore them guilt free!

But personally, I say forget texts! Email and a phone call are perfectly acceptable and give a much better impression of what kind of guy you may be spending time with than a text.

Thank you for your responses. Yes, the people contacting me in this way are people that I wouldn't see anyway. I'm just annoyed. I attribute it to me starting the advertise on back page. That is where ALL of my headaches come from. I had zero to no problems before I advertised there and why I never did before.

I always insist on a phone call before an appointment and I won't book one without hearing someone's voice. This is when I use my sixth sense. The only time that I don't are in cases where someone is repeating and I know who they are.

The phone that I use for work is older style of phone. I call it a ghetto PDA. It's a disposable track phone. I email with with my personal phone so, that makes it more discreet because I can use that in front of anyone and not be pulling out a second phone from my pocket and having someone ask me "Why do you have 2 phones?" My work phone is one step up from analog so it is very easy to mix up my messages.

I have tried and so impose a limit, but it doesn't work. I get one question/message. I answer. I get another question/message. I answer. If I get another question at this point, I get annoyed. I try to answer one question and follow it with "The rest of my information is listed on my website and ads if you need more information, please call me for an appointment as I don't book by text or email please" in one message. I'm just trying to think of anything else that I could do before I decide to eliminate texting as some people genuinely do need to.

Thanks again, fellas.

SD

For me as it gets close to 'date time' text is it.

I pretty much only do this when I travel and so in days/weeks prior, contacting someone is done by the ladies choice. PM, Text, Email. But once I'm on the road and have a date confirmed text is my really only means of communications for both technical and privacy matters.

But that is just me.

Cub

Guest *i*********y

Thank you for your responses. Yes, the people contacting me in this way are people that I wouldn't see anyway. I'm just annoyed. I attribute it to me starting the advertise on back page. That is where ALL of my headaches come from. I had zero to no problems before I advertised there and why I never did before.

I always insist on a phone call before an appointment and I won't book one without hearing someone's voice. This is when I use my sixth sense. The only time that I don't are in cases where someone is repeating and I know who they are.

The phone that I use for work is older style of phone. I call it a ghetto PDA. It's a disposable track phone. I email with with my personal phone so, that makes it more discreet because I can use that in front of anyone and not be pulling out a second phone from my pocket and having someone ask me "Why do you have 2 phones?" My work phone is one step up from analog so it is very easy to mix up my messages.

I have tried and so impose a limit, but it doesn't work. I get one question/message. I answer. I get another question/message. I answer. If I get another question at this point, I get annoyed. I try to answer one question and follow it with "The rest of my information is listed on my website and ads if you need more information, please call me for an appointment as I don't book by text or email please" in one message. I'm just trying to think of anything else that I could do before I decide to eliminate texting as some people genuinely do need to.

Thanks again, fellas.

SD

Maybe on your first text reply remind them that in order to stop the endless texting habit of some that you limit your text replies to 3.

I do prefer a txt/call, but I also am very firm on directing them to my site first. I always will say " hello, please visit my site before contacting me back, as all your questions will be answered"

If they have gone to my site and took just few moments to read it, then I should not have many questions to answer. So if they end up calling me again with a blocked number I know they have not read my site as it strongly and boldly says NO BLOCKED CALLS, lol..or any other questions that are already answered. This is a good indicator to me that they have not bothered to read. Same as PPL who try to book outside of my availability.

If they continue txt, and is asking all the same things as my website has on it, I just hold firm and do not engage with them, simply sending the same reply " please go to my site then txt or call back" eventually they will read it, or just stop.

I found with emails, I end up with the same issue as txt, with the one line introductions and questions. I also find it easier to loose sight of an emailer who is emailing me 12 times for one booking arrangement, just to find out when the time comes, they claim not to have a cell phone to secure and confirm their booking! Grrr, that sucks! So at least with a txt I know they have a phone to confirm and is not a payphone call either.

Any method is fine with me, as I have had used all and have easy time with communication either way. At the end of the day you just need to have a good intuition if this person is sincere or not. I don't think there will ever be 100% fool proof way, other then sticking to your own limits.

I prefer email when contacted someone for the first time. This allows for an expanded introduction, my preferences and what I am looking for in a session.

I use text to schedule a meeting with someone I have seen before, to confirm a meeting and to let a lady know I have arrived.

Email all the way!!

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Email has always worked for me until I am given a text number to report that I am at the location and wait for further instructions.

Maybe on your first text reply remind them that in order to stop the endless texting habit of some that you limit your text replies to 3.

Oh I've been called some names and some other things happen or that have been said. Like I said, these aren't people that I would consider booking with after one or two messages. The majority of people are very good about it.

I do find text very useful or as useful as email and I do have a larger number of people start booking this way as I do email. The majority of my appointments are made this way as many people cannot just call and have to make arrangements for that phone call.

I do appreciate all of you guy's posting your comments, preferences and suggestions. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything or not taking something into consideration and getting some suggestions and ideas about texting.

Thank you very much, have a greet day everyone

SD