Know that Backpage has bin shut down, Craiglist shutting all personal section down in the future, other than Lyla, where will SP post? Good thing if posted here it will weed out the fake ads.

• Like 2

There is also VIPfavours for ladies that want to verify who they are and place an ad there just an FYI. And gentlemen your able to search ladies there as well.

• Like 7

What are the chances that Lyla gets an increase of female members(sp and ma) and that many could be fake?

Will be up to us and the mod to verify the recommendations and make sure fake lobbyists/procurers are not creating false credentials with misleading posts.

• Like 2

The amount of fake ads on that site has been ridiculous the last year or two, I say good riddance, sucks for SPs that relied on it however.

• Like 3

Guest ATasteOfEve

Fake ads are not just on backpage. Preditors will be there no matter what website it is.

Additional Comments:

Unfortunately, for those ladies like myself who travel all over Canada and other countries, we don't rely on Lyla for most of our business. I'm sure we'll be able to find a few choice replacements though.

So many pros and cons.. Sucks that I mainly relied on that site. Where do I post now to keep my name/contact info going around now ladies? Obviously here on lyla and... ?

Canadian law enforcement have mixed feeling about this move. On one hand it solves a few problems. But on the other it makes it harder to crackdown human trafficking and to search for missing persons. Now instead of having one big site in the open, the information and ads will be spread in multiple little websites.

A political move that will spread a problem instead of fixing it.

leolist and vipfavours are free/low cost for now.

You cant relay on Lyla only if you tour basically outside of Ottawa. Backpage is the most know site to find ads.

Ive been around since Craiglist removed its erotic section, but the full shut down of BP (and also craiglist classfied) is incredibly detrimental to our income and safety

TER in the US also shut down if you live in the us as of today/dont use a vpn

• Like 2

Goddam puritanical american asshats. This will hurt SWs while doing nothing to help human trafficking victims.

Edited by moza70
wrong words
  • Like 1

It's just a matter of time. Someone else will take the empty sit and things will roll again. Just a problem for a few weeks, both side, providers and hobbyists, are looking everywhere now. People just need to come out of their comfort zone.

We say "C'est le plus vieux métier du monde!!!" It will never die and will be always fun.

• Like 2

Guest ATasteOfEve
Leolist NB has most of BP adds save the junk

I believe they use Leolist in Vancouver too.

Tiffany and I have nade our profile on VIP favours. But honestly, I dont understand why ppl are just not using this site? Like...why oh why haha.

Anyhow....just like in evolution the strong will survive and adapt.

• Like 3

There are other sites that can be used. Quebec has a few that are like CL and BP and could expand to other provinces as well. Humpches, Annonce 123, annonceintime are a few that are popular in and around Montreal.

I'm not very active in this "lifestyle" these days as I never seem to have time (been well over a year since my last date), but I do keep up with these boards and Twitter...

I feel nothing but sympathy (not the best word, perhaps) for the ladies. The current environment, not just the loss of BP, is putting many of them at risk and is unacceptable. There is little I'm able to do personally other than voice my support. I do believe solutions will be found that will allow a return to normalcy, but the intervening months are going to be rough, I think.

• Like 1

My dear Sophia, not all SP are on Lyla. Very rarely do we see SP serving north NB here!!!!

Yes indeed this is true, But I remember when I first joined this site, NB was also a wasteland. There was just a handful of ladies that posted here and they were travelling through. Emily R, Carly Chase, Victoria Jollie, Gabrelle L, and couple others, and moi.

But as time went on, look how the NB pages look now:) It has grown, and I see a glimmer of light in these very tumultuous times. So hopefully, more ladies will get interested in visiting northern NB too. Maybe you can ask MOD to add in Bathurst to our posting options?

• Like 1

My experience in the last few days since it happened is to get lowballed

Smaller market never had advertising venues like Toronto and Calgary or Vancouver but taking advantage of the situation to do this isn't great.i remembered people grouped together when c-36 happened

My advertising option where I am are currently utmost limit to here and leolist

• Like 2

Guest jake_cdn

Perhaps the loss of BP will revamp the interest that once was on this site. I can remember the days when this was the RELIABLE place to be for SPs and hobbyists alike.

With the commitment of the moderators and members this can become the site to go to for the the Ottawa and surrounding areas. Lyla was the site the members could receive valid feedback from others in the hobby.

I also hope that a rebirth of Lyla will include the chatroom which was one of the highlights on the site.

when traveling to Moncton usually 2-3 times a year I usually check lyla to verify the ads I see on BP, maybe we will get lucky and see more traffic on lyla (as you can see by my post count I don't normally post a lot)

ill be in Moncton late next week I may have to check out leolist, but as usual ill check lyla for reviews :)

• Like 1