Check in and check out at Pigale

Did anyone notice that they are doing advanced analytics on dancers at Pigale on the weekend? It looks like they write down the dancer and the time they go into the champagne room. I suppose they are doing this in case there are any arguments with the number of dances by a dancer. I guess it could also be that they are doing advanced analytics on the most popular dancers and figuring on the body type that is preferred. I wonder whether they give the dancer additional perks for being a top dancer. Anyone else have any ideas on what they are doing?

Who is everyones favourite Ass Gyrations Per Minute dancer on a Friday? Or am I better to rely on a Deep Kissing Per Song metric?

• Like 1

Yes on Saturday evening they had a table setup outside the Champagne rooms with someone behind it. I was surprised to see this. This didn't affect the usual high mileage and exotic nature of dance at Pigale inside the Champagne room however as I don't think he is allowed to check out the Champagne rooms.

They may have had too many customer complaints regarding 'Dancer math' and this is one way to gauge the number of songs.

Yes, I'd say that "dancer math" is very bad for a club and very harmful for the other girls who work at that club. It pisses me off when a dancer attempts to gouge me for an extra song. It's only an additional $20, but I find it highly offensive. When this occurs too often, I stop going to that club. And worse yet, when it occurs too often, it just encourages potential clients to go to an MA or SP rather than deal with the hassle of running into one of the few dishonest dancers.

• Like 3

Yes it is unfortunate and happens to me a lot more recently and in my case it is not just an attempt to gouge me for extra song(s) but they actually do it as I pay and don't argue. Most often they start at the end of the song and charge for full (at Barbarellas specifically). That said it is best to boycott the dancer who does that rather than the club as the club has no role or fault in all this (make the one who gains $20 or $40 in short term to lose hundreds in long term as I for one boycott that dancer no matter how pretty she maybe).

Dancers also moving from club to club. The dancer for which you boycotted the club may be next day in a club you have not boycotted. Beside this is not club specific and happens everywhere so you may be left with nowhere to go. I also don't feel comfortable to share the names of those dancers who gouge in public or private just in case for the one in a thousand possibility that I maybe mistaken.

• Like 2

Yes, I'd say that "dancer math" is very bad for a club and very harmful for the other girls who work at that club. It pisses me off when a dancer attempts to gouge me for an extra song. It's only an additional $20, but I find it highly offensive. When this occurs too often, I stop going to that club. And worse yet, when it occurs too often, it just encourages potential clients to go to an MA or SP rather than deal with the hassle of running into one of the few dishonest dancers.

I stopped getting dances at Pigale after two ladies lied about the number of songs, I paid up both times and never got another dance there. That place has a bad name in my books.

Maybe they need to put some more cameras down there.

Just a thought.

yah, lol. I hope they do not do the same thing as Barbarella's. There is no need for cameras there.

Additional Comments:

Yes it is unfortunate and happens to me a lot more recently and in my case it is not just an attempt to gouge me for extra song(s) but they actually do it as I pay and don't argue. Most often they start at the end of the song and charge for full (at Barbarellas specifically). That said it is best to boycott the dancer who does that rather than the club as the club has no role or fault in all this (make the one who gains $20 or $40 in short term to lose hundreds in long term as I for one boycott that dancer no matter how pretty she maybe).

Dancers also moving from club to club. The dancer for which you boycotted the club may be next day in a club you have not boycotted. Beside this is not club specific and happens everywhere so you may be left with nowhere to go. I also don't feel comfortable to share the names of those dancers who gouge in public or private just in case for the one in a thousand possibility that I maybe mistaken.

I found out the reason. I was down there for a while with a dancer that I knew and trusted and we both lost count. We checked with the manager and he had the time when she went in there and the time we left. I think they used 3.5 minutes in the calculation and came up with the number. It is a good idea, so there are no miscalculation on the number of dances. Good for the customer, good for the dancer and good for the club (no one gets pissed off for getting ripped off).

• Like 3

I found out the reason. I was down there for a while with a dancer that I knew and trusted and we both lost count. We checked with the manager and he had the time when she went in there and the time we left. I think they used 3.5 minutes in the calculation and came up with the number. It is a good idea, so there are no miscalculation on the number of dances. Good for the customer, good for the dancer and good for the club (no one gets pissed off for getting ripped off).

Actually one of the dancers at Pigale told me that last Friday. I asked her and she told me (her exact words) some of the dancers were ripping off customers so they have the manager sitting here and counting songs.

Not sure how effective it is. For sure not in my case. For it to be effective the customer has to refuse to pay and complain to sitting manager and in my case (and I believe in most of patrons cases) I don't argue or complain. I just pay whatever dancer is asking and yes this happens to me in about 10% of dances. But I never take that dancer again. So short term gain for her but long term loss. I don't remember this happening to me at Pigale though!!!!!

• Like 1

Mr Hugs and Kisses,

When a dancer tries to over-charge you at Pigale or any other club I would suggest you pay the correct amount and if the dancer argues, you should say that you will report her to the manager for trying to over-charge you.

The dancer will be afraid that the management will not allow them in the club if many customers complain about over charging. The management really does not want dancers to over-charge because it pisses off the customers and many will stop going to that club.

• Like 1

Saw this in effect last night. A girl and a customer were arguing about how many dances took place (he said 1, she said 2) and the doorman was trying to mediate it.

Seems kind of ridiculous to fight over $20, and how can not know if you danced for 1 or 2 songs, but I wasn't going to step into the argument.

That's why I usually stay with the same dancers most of the time, they know me and I know they are honest.

• Like 1

Guest pagypie

actually the "1 or 2" is the only one that I can see making sense...some dancers wait for a new song to start, others just start asap and if the song ends soon they still count as one. its easy to fall into this misunderstanding

I've only ever had this problem in Toronto (never in Ottawa) where I was once thoroughly ripped off by a dancer. I immediately told management what had happened, but they did nothing. This was over fifteen years ago and needless to say I've never returned to that club on any trip to the city.

I learned my lesson, so now with dancers I know, I just enjoy the fun in the CR. With ladies I'm meeting for the first time, once in the less-visible area, I always clarify - in a playful way - that the session starts with the next full song after we get to the CR. This has been my approach for years - and I've never had any issues. What I have had are many awesome (even mind blowing) experiences with several totally amazing ladies!

Agree with BB above. The considerate girls will wait for the next song (and talk with you) while the "others" will start dancing right away and there could be less than a minute left in the song. If a dancer wants to rush you, make her wait until start of next song then leave after 1 song. They'll soon get the message. BTW I've found the "rush" girls are usually from out of town and don't give a hoot about their reputation. So, before going to CR, try and find out if she is local or from away.

• Like 1

Agree with BB above. The considerate girls will wait for the next song (and talk with you) while the "others" will start dancing right away and there could be less than a minute left in the song. If a dancer wants to rush you, make her wait until start of next song then leave after 1 song. They'll soon get the message. BTW I've found the "rush" girls are usually from out of town and don't give a hoot about their reputation. So, before going to CR, try and find out if she is local or from away.

I use the same strategy. If they start in the middle of the song, I tell them to wait for the start of the next song. By the way the ones who have been in the business for longer than a year tend to know that it is better not to rip off customers because you never know that customer could end up becoming a regular.