My Individual Message to the U.S.

First, if there's anyone out there that missed me, I'm still alive and kicking. :)

I have been seriously interested in alternative sources of energy since I moved to PEI in the 70's and at that time we were a world leader in wind turbine research. Unfortunately government dropped out of the initiative and we lost our advantage, however we do now generate up to 25% of our electricity now from wind in the province.

As well I have always had an interest in solar energy and last April I installed 20 solar panels. So far so good and if they perform as advertised then they will generate a little more than half of my annual electricity. I can monitor them literally minute by minute so after a year I shall consider whether to add another twenty.

Of course I have always had the interest but when the United States began to withdraw from so many of their environmental regulations and were making motions about withdrawing from the Paris Accord, that was the final piece that helped me to make this decision. So in a way this is my FU to the United States.

For those who are interested, the payback is estimated to be about 10 years. I have looked at going off grid but battery storage is cost prohibitive, even with the new Tesla powerwalls or any other type of battery storage. Right now my over production is credited to my local power utility and I will get that back through the winter months.

I have always loved blue skies and nothing but sun but now I look forward to those days more than ever. :)

Sunny days everyone.

MN2

• Like 4

I am glad you are back. Always liked reading your posts. I think you are right, the charge for renewable energy must come from the people themselves. Buy solar panels, a wind turbine, invest in an electric car (personally I think hydrogen cars are the future), recycle, re-use, do whatever you can and when the government decides to catch up - that's great.

• Like 1