It's not the size of your avatar that counts.... ummmm.... let's just stop there.

It's not the size of your avatar that counts....

I agree because some of us have to "augment" our avatar with "Valued Member" signs and "Elite Member" crowns just to give it some extra girth. Does anyone else shave their avatar to make it look bigger?

Get it comparing our avatar to body parts...pretty funny right...right? Ahh forget I already told you in another thread it's late and the Sox lost.

Seriously do what Gabriella said and it will grow...your avatar I mean.

It is 600x440 to start with; isn't that big enough to give me a respectable size avatar instead of the puny one that is showing up? Thanks for the help but I am feeling smaller by the minute

• Like 1

Guest W***ledi*Time
It is 600x440 to start with...

Touch, your avatar shows as 31 x 23 pixels.

(Mine is 71 x 80; the guidlines state "The maximum size of your custom image is 80 by 80 pixels or 97.7 KB (whichever is smaller)." Although some avatars seem to be larger than this, so the guideline isn't rigidly enforced.)

When larger images are uploaded as an avatar file, they get automatically downsized - this is what probably happened to your original image. Try downsizing the image yourself first (before uploading). Keep within the guidelines of 80 x 80. That way, I'm guessing the system won't fiddle with your image, and you'll have yourself a correctly-sized avatar.

Edited by W***ledi*Time
experimented to see how large pictures were handled by the system

Everything I do makes my avatar smaller and smaller!!!!! Tried different sizes, different photos, different types. This scary! LOL At least this is just cyberspace not anatomy!

Touch

Guest W***ledi*Time

Yup, you've got it down to 18 x 19 pixels. What was the original image size?

WIT:

The avatar I have up now was downloaded from a 80x64 jpeg on my computer; as you can see the avatar showing up is much smaller than that and the properties show it to be a gif extension.

Would any of the options in the "Edit Options" in the User CP help?

Everything I do makes my avatar smaller and smaller!!!!! Tried different sizes, different photos, different types. This scary! LOL At least this is just cyberspace not anatomy!

Touch

I for one know that your problem is only in cyberspace!! :icon_wink:

Guest W***ledi*Time
WIT:

The avatar I have up now was downloaded from a 80x64 jpeg on my computer; as you can see the avatar showing up is much smaller than that and the properties show it to be a gif extension.

Would any of the options in the "Edit Options" in the User CP help?

I don't know why it's been reduced to 23 x 18. My avatar also originated as a small jpeg on my computer. It shows as a gif, so I assume they're all gifs. I don't have any more ideas about what the difference might be ...

I for one know that your problem is only in cyberspace!! :icon_wink:

Thanks Katherine, I needed that ;)

At the moment I feel like I am stuck in a mash-up of Gulliver's Travels & Groundhog Day...

Additional Comments:

WIF:

Have you looked at the resizing options in the "Edit Options" list in the User CP? I don't understand them although I fiddled around with a few.

Also the maximum byte size for my avatar seems awfully small. I have been registered at CERB since 2006. I wonder if there is something out of date in my User CP?!

Here is a copy and paste from my Edit Avatar User CP page: "Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 150 by 150 pixels or 150 Bytes (whichever is smaller). "

Touch

Guest W***ledi*Time
... Have you looked at the resizing options in the "Edit Options" list in the User CP? I don't understand them although I fiddled around with a few.

I assume the image resizer applies only to Embedded Images in posts. I've never changed mine from "Default".

Also the maximum byte size for my avatar seems awfully small. I have been registered at CERB since 2006. I wonder if there is something out of date in my User CP?!

Here is a copy and paste from my Edit Avatar User CP page: "Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 150 by 150 pixels or 150 Bytes (whichever is smaller). "

Touch, you may be on to something here ... As I noted earlier, mine says " The maximum size of your custom image is 80 by 80 pixels or 97.7 KB (whichever is smaller)." I would have thought this should be the same for everyone. I'm thinking that you should ask mod about this!

The Mods put in quite a bit of effort to help me out and you can see I now have a reasonable sized 80x80 avatar. It seems the problem was indeed related to how long ago my account was originally set up (2006). So thanks to you all who were so supportive!!! I was really getting frustrated; I thought I might be forever consigned to the land of the Lilliiputians (or maybe the itty bitty titty committee Social Group) LOL

Touch

Edited by Touch
  • Like 1

I'm having the same problem, have tried different photos and have resized it but is very small compared to others :(

Additional Comments:

Where can I see its size?

I'm having the same problem, have tried different photos and have resize it but is very small compared to others :(

Additional Comments:

Where can I see its size?

I use postimage.org and you can use the size of your choice. I often find that uploading the picture ( that is already Lyla approved in my albums) from my own files on my computer makes it bigger.

I just uploaded this avatar from my computer without resizing and it made it way bigger.

• Like 2