Pages Unresponsive

I'm so frustrated. I love surfing facebook and pulling up various sites (puppies and kittens lol). However, for the last week, I've been getting "pages unresponsive" alot. Gives you the option to wait or kill.

I work off google chrome with windows 7. I have malware and avast security, and am using my guest feature (instead of administrator).

I don't really know what to do. Everything worked fine before, so obviously I've done something. I ran my malware and avast with nothing showing up.

I've tweedled around with my control panel, and help feature, but just not seeing what I should do. I remember being able to do a restore to a certain date, but can't find it, so don't know where to go from here.

To my amazing tech savvy friends, any help??? Thanks!

I am a mac user who uses Firefox for everything and Safari for certain things.

I've noticed a drop in responsive links and webpages myself. Waiting for the dial to finally stop going around and around. I thought it was my connection (was seriously going to complain to my Provider) but realized others have been experiencing the same issue. (for instance on facebook, I've found it's been flaky and slow, not responsive or fast) I am only aware of the facebook one and some other websites I use.

Google is the only instant webpage that comes up... go figure it's Google.

I use Safari for YouTube now. It kept crashing Firefox and freezing everything. Try switching things into a different web browser if you can.

Have you emptied your History? Cache, Cookies, History? etc. Usually that helps a lot of the web issues, cause it catches all this unwanted crap. If you don't normally empty it, it may take a few moments and can slow your web browser down till it's done, I'd recommend not having a lot of links open when doing it. Ensure you bookmark websites, bookmarks don't get deleted when doing this process.

I hope this is helpful. I don't know a lot about computers but I know a few things to keep them running okay, things that everyone should at least do once a month.

• Like 1

Another thing: if you have browser plugins, disable them all temporarily and see if that helps. If it does, turn them back on one by one until you catch the one that's causing the problem.

Additional Comments:

Another thing: if you have browser plugins, disable them all temporarily and see if that helps. If it does, turn them back on one by one until you catch the one that's causing the problem.

• Like 1

Thank you for your useful tips. I ended up disabling the avast software, and installing the Microsoft essentials software. Ran a full scan - nothing showed up, but my computer is now running much faster.

Also, clearing the cookies/cache also helped. So, I will do that on a regular basis.

Not sure if anyone can help with this one, and I have opted to try here rather than the moderator.... but...

I have an android phone... I try to log into lyla on my phone.. I enter my username, no problem, go to enter my password, I get shot to a screen asking me to register <wth? hehe>I tried filling in the registration screen using my information, told that name was already taken but if that was me, and I had forgot my password...et al... Argh! lol

There doesn't seem to be a 'help' tab on the initial log in screen.. so I can't look for myself... and I had thought, given the topic on another thread (about timely responses hehe).. it may be nice to have access to my account via my phone rather than just my laptop...

Ideas?

sometimes a glitch does this. it happened today for me. just back out and refresh the log in page. it won't let you re-register as you are already registered.

tried... for ages now and get the same thing. Every time I click to enter my password, it shoots me to the register page *sigh* :(

Guess people will just have to be patient and wait until I am at my laptop hehe

I have had "pages unresponsive" appear also lately. Sometimes closing it and trying again helps bring the page up.

• Like 1

So, I did some searching on the Google Chrome site. It appears this is a Chrome issue. Lots of reports of problems, but no fix it seems. Chrome hasn't even replied to the post's I've seen.

For now, I will use another browser. No problems there. Frustrating to say the least.

Hey Meaghan, my system is my lifeline and I use ESET it is one of the best yearly paid complete virus prevention software on the market, and your system will never know it is running.

• Like 1