So I've been doing a lot of research now that I am looking for a forever home with my wife. I've always preferred to work from home. It's just so much easier on my mental health so I have no interest in renting out a separate incall and having too much on my plate.

My wife works in the east end / vanier area and I'm generally curious about the ways of the client in regards to location and what locations they avoid.

Obviously downtown is the IDEAL. I am looking for something with less traffic but close enough to see my clients. I love the east end. It's quiet and dread the West end due to personal preference.

If someone is to host in vanier, Gloucester or Orleans would that cause clients to not want to book due to area. I'm not an upscale type myself. I'm too simple for such but I also don't want to come off in a way where people are too afraid to book.

People bad mouth the east end I find and don't want to jeopardize my long standing client relationships and ruin the possibility of new ones and already new and flourishing ones.

Opinions?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Honestly, the east end is not bad at all. I have always lived in the east end, and at one point in Vanier. Vanier does carry quite a stigma for drugs, crime, prostitution, etc. But at the end of the day there are still way worse areas that one could go to. If I had to make a recommendation, I would say somewhere around the Blair Rd, Ogilvie area if you want to be in the east end, but away from the stigma of Vanier.

• Like 1

I live outside of the Ottawa area, East of Ottawa to be exact and I have no problem getting from Orleans to downtown Ottawa to see a lady but I find that the West end seems to be a lot tougher for me to get at and it seems to take much more time to get there. So anywhere between Orleans and downtown Ottawa is fine by me for any lady.

Please note that even though you live in the West side it does not mean that I will not go and see you but simply make sure I have more time on my hands to do so.

• Like 1

Your opinions really make a difference! Thank you so much! I wanted a place in Orleans or Gloucester so this makes me so incredibly happy!

I'm in the east end. I do prefer closer distance to travel but if I really want to see someone I will travel anywhere, even Aylmer which from the east takes a fair amount of time.

I would think that the closest to the highway as possible would be best. When travelling a distance to see a provider I don't mind where it is but I really prefer if it's close to the highway. Easier to get to and return from.

Best of luck with your move.

• Like 1

I'm in the east end. I do prefer closer distance to travel but if I really want to see someone I will travel anywhere, even Aylmer which from the east takes a fair amount of time.

I would think that the closest to the highway as possible would be best. When travelling a distance to see a provider I don't mind where it is but I really prefer if it's close to the highway. Easier to get to and return from.

Best of luck with your move.

Thank you darling! Haven't started looking yet as we are still on the fence about mortgage or rentals. Hope your week is lovely!

• Like 1

Bear in mind that the further east you go, the harder it is for some folks to get to you. Having said that some people do very well on the far side of Orleans, so it clearly isn't a dealbreaker. Vanier might have issues simply because it has a bad reputation. I don't know to what extent that's deserved... but this is one of those cases where perception is at least as important as reality. Gloucester might be a good compromise, and may also be a convenient place for many people to stop for a break on the way to or from work...

Having said that... what really strikes me about this is that you're going to be living wherever you go. I obviously can't tell you how to run your life, but if I were in your shoes I suspect I'd focus on where I actually wanted to live based on things like lifestyle, your wife's commute, affordability, etc and then go there. Clients will look after themselves :) You may well lose some when you move, but others will become available to you... and that's true wherever you go.

• Like 1

Bear in mind that the further east you go, the harder it is for some folks to get to you. Having said that some people do very well on the far side of Orleans, so it clearly isn't a dealbreaker. Vanier might have issues simply because it has a bad reputation. I don't know to what extent that's deserved... but this is one of those cases where perception is at least as important as reality. Gloucester might be a good compromise, and may also be a convenient place for many people to stop for a break on the way to or from work...

Having said that... what really strikes me about this is that you're going to be living wherever you go. I obviously can't tell you how to run your life, but if I were in your shoes I suspect I'd focus on where I actually wanted to live based on things like lifestyle, your wife's commute, affordability, etc and then go there. Clients will look after themselves :) You may well lose some when you move, but others will become available to you... and that's true wherever you go.

Absolutely lovely advice! We were really on the path for Orleans and wanting to near the highway for her commute but I felt it be nasty traffic for her on early morning commutes and suggested Gloucester. I will keep you all posted when we get keys to a new place!

Still saving up the coin and leaning on rentals only for the time being and have to do a crash course on mortgages because we are just baby adults. Is rent to own still a thing? I remember my parents attempting to teach me the ways as a younger person but of course, in one ear and out the other. I'm ready for adulting 101 if anyone has the time for me haha!

Thanks for the tips!!

I also wanted to make a post like this for those in the future who might encounter the same dilemma. So, again thank you!

• Like 1

About 4 years back, AFAIK, there were about 5 or 6 incall providers based in Orleans. The ones that left were doing fine but for some unrelated reason opted to move elsewhere in Canada or simply retired. Of the 2 that are still around, one is advertising regularly on this board and the other is sort of flying low on the radar screen, but she's a regular contributor here in the general discussions.

I think Orleans has room for more SPs.

• Like 1

I live in Beacon Hill. For accessibility, the 12, 24 bus routes are pretty good and the 95 east/west is within a 10 minute walk (15 in winter). It's also right off the queensway for those who drive.

As for the neighborhood, I loved Vanier for its proximity to downtown, the previously mentioned issues can be a drawback. I dislike Orleans, it's far too prim and proper for me. It's also on the other side of the God damned universe if I feel like going out on a Saturday.

Beacon hill is kind of a relaxed area nestled between Vanier and Orleans with great access to downtown.

My vote is: move here! :)

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I live in Beacon Hill. For accessibility, the 12, 24 bus routes are pretty good and the 95 east/west is within a 10 minute walk (15 in winter). It's also right off the queensway for those who drive.

As for the neighborhood, I loved Vanier for its proximity to downtown, the previously mentioned issues can be a drawback. I dislike Orleans, it's far too prim and proper for me. It's also on the other side of the God damned universe if I feel like going out on a Saturday.

Beacon hill is kind of a relaxed area nestled between Vanier and Orleans with great access to downtown.

My vote is: move here! :)

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Thanks for the recommendation !