Choose kind Challenge!

Ok, so of course we do things from time to time that shows our kindness to others. Big or small it all counts!

And tho, we often dont wish to boast or "post" about it.. Maybe posting it will help others become inspired on how they can make a small difference in others lives.

Doesnt matter if its a stranger, and friend, or family.

Let us show that kindness is alive and well!

I will challenge a 30 day post to show a small way I have nade my friends, community, or family feel just a bit happier everyday!

Ohhh also want to add, has someone been kind to you when you needed it? Tell about it!

Nov 17th.

Seen a post about a dog hit by car, no owner in sight. Suggested a vet clinic I use, could help. They took the dog as a compassion case and thankfully dog was microchiped. Dog saved and family thankful!

Such a small act made a huge difference to the dog and the young family!

• Like 8

I love the concept of this thread, thank you.

Lady Sophia,

We've never met but we have responded on a few threads here on Lyla. I luv your mind, your thoughts and the way you express yourself. I would love to meet you one day as I find you so captivating just from the little I know of you here. Know that if I'm ever in your area I will find you, if only to bring a bottle of wine to sit and chat with you to discuss about anything, life even. You seem to have a beautiful mind and a caring heart.

My good deed is not so much of the general public type but for a sweet woman I spend time with regularly. When I saw her a month ago I saw containers of take-out food and asked if she often orders out. She informed me that she moved out of her home at a young age, she is recently living alone after her roommate moved out and they both never taught her to cook. I love to cook, especially to share with others. A couple weeks ago I was making large batches of chili and spaghetti sauce. While doing this I remembered what she had said to me so I ran to the store to purchase individual size Rubbermaid containers, filled them and put them in my freezer. The day I had booked to see her last weekend I was making Indian Butter Chicken and thought I would do the same thing.

Before leaving I placed these containers in a bag and brought them over to give to her. I didn't know what to expect. When I arrived I placed this bag on the kitchen counter and we had our usual hug. After, when she began removing containers from the bag I had brought she was quiet, I admit I was worried, she quickly realized what I had done. She turned to me with watery eyes and hugged me so tight, it had been some time since I had last been hugged like this. I've gifted her in the past, lingerie, sent her flowers, the usual things one might gift a SP, and she has always been appreciative but never like this.

The next day around dinner time she sent me a text, "Your food warms my heart. <3". That was all I needed to hear to reaffirm it's not what you spend on a gift but what that gift means to the individual receiving it. The simplest of things...

To all those who may be having thoughts...

She's still alive. :)

• Like 2

I love the concept of this thread, thank you.

Lady Sophia,

We've never met but we have responded on a few threads here on Lyla. I luv your mind, your thoughts and the way you express yourself. I would love to meet you one day as I find you so captivating just from the little I know of you here. Know that if I'm ever in your area I will find you, if only to bring a bottle of wine to sit and chat with you to discuss about anything, life even. You seem to have a beautiful mind and a caring heart.

My good deed is not so much of the general public type but for a sweet woman I spend time with regularly. When I saw her a month ago I saw containers of take-out food and asked if she often orders out. She informed me that she moved out of her home at a young age, she is recently living alone after her roommate moved out and they both never taught her to cook. I love to cook, especially to share with others. A couple weeks ago I was making large batches of chili and spaghetti sauce. While doing this I remembered what she had said to me so I ran to the store to purchase individual size Rubbermaid containers, filled them and put them in my freezer. The day I had booked to see her last weekend I was making Indian Butter Chicken and thought I would do the same thing.

Before leaving I placed these containers in a bag and brought them over to give to her. I didn't know what to expect. When I arrived I placed this bag on the kitchen counter and we had our usual hug. After, when she began removing containers from the bag I had brought she was quiet, I admit I was worried, she quickly realized what I had done. She turned to me with watery eyes and hugged me so tight, it had been some time since I had last been hugged like this. I've gifted her in the past, lingerie, sent her flowers, the usual things one might gift a SP, and she has always been appreciative but never like this.

The next day around dinner time she sent me a text, "Your food warms my heart. <3". That was all I needed to hear to reaffirm it's not what you spend on a gift but what that gift means to the individual receiving it. The simplest of things...

To all those who may be having thoughts...

She's still alive. :)

This too has warmed my heart! I have often shared the same experience with some young loves I have met!

Thank you for sharing this special moment!

It is simply gracious that you would extend that extra care for her!

Hope others become inspired to choose kind!

Additional Comments:

Day #2

Made cinnamon rolls this morning. Decided to surprise my mother with a platefull and a nice pot of apple tea.

On the way into her buliding seen a soul who looked like they needed a pick me up, passes her one:) She was so thankful and eyes started to smile:) Got into mom place made the tea, and seen from window she was still there ( she is a street worker) so I quickly put hot apple tea into a thermos and gave her that too! Her hands hugged the thermos to feel the warmth. Althought it made her happy I feel sad inside that...that is all I could do:/

Just a small act, and brought her so much joy!

• Like 3

Well day 3 here.

Sunday lazy day, but managed to visit my aunt with bad arthritis and brought her one of my homemade epison salts. Hope it helped her! She said..oh didnt have to make a special trip here just for that...I said yes I did! Lol.

• Like 2

Just like last year at Christmas time I will receive guests and they are not relative. Since my son lives out west and will work on Christmas day it's a sad day for us(my wife and I) and we invite people from our facebook who are alone at Christmas to join us for a meal and quality time in our home. Keep in mind we are doing this to bring joy in our life too by giving in this season of festivities.

• Like 4

Day 4,

Not a productive day for my challenge. I was occupied with " personal office work" so was not much chance to do anything else today.

Suppose I could count tipping my dinner delivery a good amount?? He seemed to very pleased:)

Really hope other join this challenge with me!

However ...

Day 5.

Have a dear friend about to enter a custody court date tomorrow. I am going with her to lend support and 2 more ears! I will sit in with her and her legal aid.

When it comes to a situation like this, I will stand up! She is an amazing mother and sadly a naive young lady!

Here we go!

• Like 1

Simple things:

-Holding a door open at the grocery store today.

-Had my nephew over for dinner today. Got him a birthday cake at the grocery store. He's gone to his GF's now, I can't blame him.

Edited by WhereIRoam
spelling
  • Like 1

Well Day 7....missed a beat.

However, no matter how small or how big I will post.

Made a new waitress feel better about her new job when she was feeling overwhelmed and reminded her its just your first week! Give yourself a break! All takes time to get used to! So breath, and just do what you can do!

She was thankful and said " ohhh thanks so much for being patient! Not many are! "

Made me feel good that I could help even a tiny bit when she needed to hear that!

Great idea Sophia.

I made a dog coat for an elderly couples old poodle. At least he can stay warm and dry while out for walks. They were so thankful and I made a new dog friend.

• Like 2

Great idea Sophia.

I made a dog coat for an elderly couples old poodle. At least he can stay warm and dry while out for walks. They were so thankful and I made a new dog friend.

Well Meaghan! You know I have a soft spot for our 4 legged friends! And that is awesome that you could do that! Good on you! And good for the lovely animal and family! Thats so thoughtful of you!

Additional Comments:

Great idea Sophia.

Well Meaghan! You know I have a soft spot for our 4 legged friends! And that is awesome that you could do that! Good on you! And good for the lovely animal and family! Thats so thoughtful of you!

• Like 1