What is the benefit of someone faking an SP ad?

I see all of these posts and paranoia over the "What if it isn't her when I get there" ordeal. I don't understand it. What is the worst that can happen? I mean, it's legal in Canada right? So.. I guess my question is:

What does the person behind the fake SP advertisement get out of making it?

I have had clients who were robbed...I remember an instance where the client shown up and then refused the appointment since the woman was an entirely different person. The "boyfriend" then appeared to claim the money. My client didn't have a choice. He also had to leave the watch...

• Like 1

If a woman of average appearance posts a picture of an extremely attractive woman, people will book appointments expecting to spend time with the extremely attractive woman they saw in the photos.

When they arrive, and it's not the same person, what the faker is banking on is that the client will say "screw it, I'm here already, I'm horny, let's do it anyways".

Case in point: one night, I unexpectedly found myself flying through Winnipeg and staying in the city overnight at 11:30 pm. The usual ladies I might have visited were done for the night at that time, so I used backpage. The photos on the ad I chose (which was just posted, so she was up) were of an extremely attractive redhead. Because of the late hour, I wasn't as vigilant as I normally was. When the lady showed up to my hotel room, she was extremely heavy and looked absolutely nothing like the photos. To be honest, to call her average looking would have been extremely generous. If she had posted real pictures, I wouldn't have called her. But she didn't, and I did, and so we did. It was 1215 am, my plane left at 8, I didn't have the time to start the process from ground zero. So, by posting a fake ad, she got a client she wouldn't have, otherwise.

The funniest bait/switch I've had was when the provider was a different race than the girl in the picture... like I wouldn't notice?

• Like 1

Like Genevieve and Zachmont already mentioned, the goal is to bait customers while hiding their appearance, past and hidden agendas. It doesn't take a lot to destroy someone's reputation. So, many will try a hard reset with a completely new profile and pictures and pretty much repeat the process infinitely.

When a bad reputation is unjustified, one can slowly rebuild it with honest minimalistic ads. Better no pics than fake pics. But some ladies working for procurers don't always have the liberty to do that and have to face the deceived lobbyists. To answer your question, the benefits are the same as any other fishing scams. As obvious those look to us, there sadly enough gullible men to make it profitable. While some aspects of the business are legal, it's still unregulated and operating in grey areas of the law. Until things change, lobbyists will have to continue being vigilant, to do their homework and flag fraudulent behavior.

There are just so many things that can go wrong when fake ads are being used. Safety should always be everyone's number one concern before the obvious bait and switch scenario which in my opinion is the most common reason for posting such ads.

The best thing to do if you have your suspicions that the ad in question may be fake, do your due diligence by researching and if need be, AVOID!! There are plenty of reputable providers here on Lyla!

...There are plenty of reputable providers here on Lyla!

Sadly not true for all locations!