cam work questions

I've been out of the business for a long time. When a friend of a friend asked if I'd be interested in doing some cam work, I was flattered and said I'd think about it, intending to never think about it. God, I'm over 50 and haven't been intimate with a woman for almost 15 years.

Long story short, conversations were had, decisions made, testing done and availability checked. I started this week and am on every night until Friday. Sorry, no details. AT ALL.

I just want to make sure I'm charging enough. There is nobody else I know of who can answer these questions. I've asked one other person and she said that I'm probably under-valuing myself.

As with most cam work, a lot of it is sitting around, waiting to hit the balance of time vs money. I'm the top tier and we've reached that level pretty quickly each night. Then it's an hour of work and I go home. Probably 3 hours of my time, a good time, and some money at the end. Good work, if you can get it.

For those in the know, what should I charge? I won't tell you what I've agreed to so I don't influence the answers. My advisor agrees that it is a good amount, but that I could probably renegotiate after this first gig.

The producer had a chat with me and a couple of her firm's high earners because numbers are starting to slip a bit. Advertising this new tier of activity seems to have done the trick, because she told me that they took in about 40% more in that one show than usual. There was a real net increase after paying me.

Now, I'm not quitting my day job ... and this is a ton of fun ... but it's only for a short time. I can't do this for an extended period. Work all day, have dinner, travel to an undisclosed location to do a show, go home to bed, repeat all week. It'll be nice Christmas money, for sure.

I mean, asking for a friend.

• Like 1