Quitting smoking with vape

I'm ready to quit smoking and already have a vape. I gave up months ago and gave the juice away to my brother before the juice expired. To those who have quit through vape, do you know a good place to recommend in the downtown area. Im looking for a place where I will get information to assist me in the right percentage of nicotine for juice.

Any place I've gone to told me I should be already informed so...

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

No recommendations for shops as I don't know your area, but...

Perhaps browse E Cigarette Forum:

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/

Lots of knowledgeable vapers there and you're bound to get better advice from them than most shops.

Nicotine is going to vary somewhat from person to person. It'll depend on the type of tank your using and, of course, your body.

If you have questions, I've been at it for a while and I can do my best to answer... :)

• Like 1

I quit cold turkey almost 2 years ago and don't miss it. Replacing cigarettes with something else doesn't generally seem to work for most people I know.

A study was done in the UK a couple of years ago, and those who quit cold turkey were much less likely to never smoke again versus those who quit by another method.

• Like 1

i quit smoking using the vape and the patch as i smoked lots now just using the vape but using the vape i find u still have craving for the real one but i don't do it mostly when people around smoking

• Like 1

I quit cold turkey almost 2 years ago and don't miss it. Replacing cigarettes with something else doesn't generally seem to work for most people I know.

A study was done in the UK a couple of years ago, and those who quit cold turkey were much less likely to never smoke again versus those who quit by another method.

Honestly, I've been smoke free almost 24 hours now. I have discovered that I don't vaoe much even though I'm a chain smoker. I organized my life to fit the blank areas previous to smoking with things I enjoy and just vape when I get crusty or crave a smoke. Still uneasy but I assume it's no different than coming off ativan.

.... Still uneasy but I assume it's no different than coming off ativan.

It took me a week or 2 to adjust when I quit and started vaping. It affects everyone differently.

While you'll get you nicotine from your vape, there are 4000+ chemicals in cigarette smoke, and you're going to have withdrawal symptoms from those. I was light headed and "out of it" for a good week or more.

But, I never would have quit without vaping, it's the only thing that worked for me.

Good luck!!!

• Like 1

I have to agree with spud, made many attempts but finally made it cold turkey. Seems to me vaping is just another crutch, and when you get the urge and it's out of reach and a cigarette is available you fail.

You must have a strong lncentive to go cold turkey though.

• Like 1

I went with the vape and have a newer juice system where you don't need to vape often. Works a lot like the patch and work my way down to 0mg of nicotine. I'm reaching my second day. So far so good. :)

Using salt nicotine. Pa is more punch and required less pulling to feel better.

I aim to not lean on the vape to much. It's just a way to not go back to the pack. I threw half a pack in the garbage. I'm determined.

• Like 1

I'm far from a professional in science or medical field.

My unknowing thought is with vaping you are still putting particles in your lungs. Cigarettes were around long before research began on how unhealthy they are. I wonder how long it will take before we find out if there are consequences to vaping.

• Like 1

Remember Mark Twain: Quitting smoking? Easiest thing I've ever done - I've done it 1000 times.....

• Like 1

My unknowing thought is with vaping you are still putting particles in your lungs. Cigarettes were around long before research began on how unhealthy they are. I wonder how long it will take before we find out if there are consequences to vaping.

There's plenty of research out there at the moment detailing the safety of vaping when compared to smoking. 95% percent safer in one study, as an example. However, you are right, we don't know long term affects yet. And that's why vaping is about "harm reduction".

If I had a choice of inhaling just a few chemicals with vaping or 4000+ with smoking, the choice is pretty clear for me...especially when quitting cold turkey, or any other common method, just won't work.

Anyway, I won't ramble...lol...there's a lot of misinformation out there....

I plan on working my way off the vape but one day at a time.

you Can do it! Stay strong and put that will power to use :).
I'm on day two and switched my juice and vaporizer once to prevent from smoking as the pen is bullshit. I was so close to smoking but the new guy is working very well and my cravings are only in my dreams now. I literally wake up to make sure I don't have cigarettes. I'm paranoid about sleep smoking haha.

• Like 1