I was wondering if its ok to ask questions here to hobbyists. And if you are not familiar with the situation being addressed in the question I would hope enough people would be able to hazard a guess, because you may have insight.

I would like to know: What does 'hey' really mean when contacting a sp? And what is the expected response?

Does anyone know?

Thank you

Guest st*****ens**ors

Great idea for a thread, Melanie! I think Mikeyboy's response is exactly right. I'd ignore such messages, or respond with a single character:

?

I would like to know: What does 'hey' really mean when contacting a sp? And what is the expected response?

Does anyone know?

Thank you

....hahahahaha! I know, right? thank you for the much-needed laugh on this sleep-deprived day :)

lol thank you Mikeyboy. That's kind of what I thought but wasn't sure.

I like the response I should use next time, opensdoors. Will have to try that.

conquistador, I thought so too. I looked but couldn't find it. But I think older things are cleared away pretty quick here. There was only 20 pages for general discussion.

Another question: when you put cologne on are you aware of the kind of you are using or do you really not know?

Hey has its uses.

One of the Lady's I see, is only available once every few months...

The rest of the time she travels the world to music festivals (or is unavailable for some other reason).

If she is in town and available, she sends me something inane like "hey", "hi" etc...

If I'm checking to see if she is in town I might also say "Hey"...

This ensure that the conversation begins innocently... just in case someone else is near the phone.

but most recently I asked my global traveller about places to go in Lisbon and signed it "your artist friend".

And what do you know she had a few thoughts on the topic of Lisbon... and surprising in person, it was a lovely afternoon it was.

Guest st*****ens**ors

That's such a funny question, Melanie, because it reveals just how oblivious men like me can become to our own routines. I wear two different colognes on occasion, one of which I've liked for years, and the other a more recent acquisition, and I have absolutely no idea what the second is called. I can't find a mark on the bottle, though it must have had one once, and I have no idea how to find it again. Its warm and clean and just the slightest bit spicy. I think it was a gift. My brain isn't wired to keep track of these things.

Certain types of memory work better for different people. Words and patterns and sounds last with me, but numbers and colours don't. I haven't the slightest idea what colour the counters were in my last house, and I loved that house! However I remember every note and word from a school musical I performed in in grade 1.

Because, of course, I'll need that again. ;)

Sorry for rambling.

lol thank you Mikeyboy. That's kind of what I thought but wasn't sure.

I like the response I should use next time, opensdoors. Will have to try that.

conquistador, I thought so too. I looked but couldn't find it. But I think older things are cleared away pretty quick here. There was only 20 pages for general discussion.

Another question: when you put cologne on are you aware of the kind of you are using or do you really not know?

About old posts... You can dig up your old conversations going back some years... not sure how far back, but if you go to your CP... mine goes all the way back to my first posts. I think... I guess I'd better check to be sure... I'll amend this post if I'm wrong.

"Hey" what do you know I was right... my first post from 2011 for a thread called "Do they know" is still there... so if you posted something to a thread, you should be able to find it... eventually... but I was wrong its your profile statistics that you go to...

Edited by nntsci
more info.

I don't post much any more but happened to just check in tonight.

As to the first question, if you are interested in attempting to follow up, you could just respond with a simple "?" If you dealing with someone who is just a bit shy that might elicit more of an inquiry once they know you are paying attention.

And I always know what cologne I am wearing and it always suits the occasion. Problem is most people wear way too much.

• Like 1

I always know what cologne I am wearing. My current favourites are Hei by Alfred Sung and Eau Sauvage by Christian Dior.

But agree that less is more when it comes to perfume, cologne and after shave.

I always remember the smell of my Dad's aftershave when I was a kid: Old Spice, Brut or Acqua Velva....anyone of which could be used to strip furniture they smelled that strong!

I have a lot of issues with strong (or, typically overused) colognes/perrrrrfumes...

I think most people tend to have it a bit backward... it is called 'after shave'.. not 'douse in shower' ;)

I think the absolute worst... has got to be Axe.... those commercials went a long way to convincing poor guys that yes.. you are supposed to spray every millimetre of your body in the stuff... and, no word off a lie... a few years back, I was out for a walk.. and was suddenly hit with a wall of stench.... no other person was around, so i couldn't tell where it was coming from.. continuing walking, I rounded a bend in the road.. and came upon a relatively young man... spraying himself for all he wass worth... a veritable cloud of eye-watering fumes... HAHAHAHA oh my!! I wonder how long it took his girlfriend (or whoever he was on his way to meet hehe) to be able to breathe again without tasting it! hahaha!

I do happen to like Old Spice.... strange as that may sound.... but again, moderation.. ;)

although yes, I am sure Brute (ha! what a name! haha) could certainly strip paint off walls within seconds lol

• Like 1

To the OP I think that when a guy sends a text "Hey" its simply because he wants to know if you are around or available. I prefer by asking like "I'm looking for a date, are you available?" or " just saw your ad, you are cute can we meet?" If she replies "Yes" then I'll either describe myself or ask other question like a time that I want to see her.

But I think you ladies should just acknowledge him by saying "whats up". Just my opinion.

• Like 2

I think "hey" is the new term for "new in town sailor?", like I said, not really sure but taking a stab at it.

As for colognes I remember getting Brut from my aunt every Christmas and never using it after the first time it burned somehow everywhere. Then as I got older (after high school) it was Drakkar Noir. Oh the ladies in the club loved that....after a few vodkas anyway. Now I pretty much just use lightly scented soaps. Better to smell fresh than be over powered by after shaves or colognes and they trigger headaches for me as well. Most perfumes do as well.

• Like 1

Guest S****r

Colognes TASTE terrible!

So if you want a warm, wet mouth anywhere.......don't spray it!

lol

True!

Colognes TASTE terrible!

lol

True!

I never use cologne... I'm sent sensitive (some give me rashes).

if... after getting my initial info which asks you to please include your username... what it is you are contacting me about.. and where you heard of me... OR reading my info on here...all a perrrson can do is type...."...hey..."... all I usually do is give it the 'one eyebrow raise'... and move on ;)

Thankfully most do not respond with the one word technique... hehe

• Like 1

I was told by a man that the kind of cologne he wears is secret. Especially if you said he smelled good. He wants to be unique and doesn't want you running out to buy same cologne for your man so your man can smell like him...haha

He wants to be the only one to smell that way. ;)

Colognes TASTE terrible!

lol

True!

True story....I once sprayed eau de toilette around my belly button so that the lady would appreciate the smell when she was below my belt. She started nibbling on my nipples and slowly worked her way south when she started to choke on the taste. She was nice about it and told me we(men) should only spray the back of our neck a little and that is enough. Point noted, I only spray a little behind my neck or not at all.

Note: Don't put any behind the ear in case she likes licking your ears(I like that).

• Like 2

Just need a bit more feedback please because I started this in this thread and I figure it can be anwered here.

As to the first question, if you are interested in attempting to follow up, you could just respond with a simple "?" If you dealing with someone who is just a bit shy that might elicit more of an inquiry once they know you are paying attention.

K I tried this. (on one. I threw out all the rest. daunting task answering all) Looking for a lower rate or short timed special. But he said hey gorgeous. Does that make a difference? That doesnt seem shy to me.

I have only ever had 2 actual clients from this method. Both young, and one took 10 min shower before and both took 15 min showers after. They had half hour appts. Time spent at my place: almost an hour for both.

But I think you ladies should just acknowledge him by saying "whats up". Just my opinion.

That is assuming there is only one guy doing it. Usually there is flurry of them after ad goes up.(most of them 'hey', 'available', 'rates' 'how much and what do you do').

So does everybody expect a response no matter how they inquire? Just a note: I won't do auto response as I don't want to continue contact with ppl who I shouldnt be. There are some scary ones. And my phone will not distinguish when it comes to incoming texts

So does everybody expect a response no matter how they inquire? Just a note: I won't do auto response as I don't want to continue contact with ppl who I shouldnt be. There are some scary ones. And my phone will not distinguish when it comes to incoming texts

If I was contacting someone new. I would definitely not just say "hey". I always state my name, and ask about specific time availability (never cost). I might mention where I saw her ad. I usually book through agencies so I state a lady's name and that I've been a customer of theirs before.

I sometimes do not get responses from new girls or new agencies and move on.

The woman I connect with a "hi" or a "hey" I see privately and we know each other very well (4 years) and we both have reasons for not wanting too much revealed in our messages. Basically we use that as a way of ensuring that the coast is clear before discussing details. lol.

I am beginning to think there is no way around this. I was just tired of using avoidance as a way to screen. Like i try to keep this from happening (again) because of this method used by inquirer. Or keep that from happening (again) because of the inquirer's choice of words (which I read or listen to very carefully by the way).

I am such a loser. :X

Thank you for help. You can now return to your regularly scheduled programming. ;)

• Like 2

Guest st*****ens**ors

Melanie, you are not, in any measure, a loser.

People have become less courteous in how they correspond, and, frankly, some have always been discourteous, regardless of the means of contact.

By all means ignore people who don't meet a basic threshold of politeness in how they contact you.

Lots of us think you're rather terrific. ;)

Melanie, you are not a loser... I think you are right about politeness, but at our end. we guys often don't know what to say...

I'm personally always rather nervous and shy when contacting someone and especially when I first started this "hobby" I was quite intimidated about what to say when contacting ladies or agencies.

The first time I sent a message by email asking how this works... or something like that to an agency. She replied by asking me to phone her... I didn't get around to phoning her for a year.

Perhaps it would help if you would tell us your ideal greeting would be... how would you prefer people contact you. What would you ideal client introducing himself conversation go like.