Remember when ...

Guest Prufrock Cummings

Life got complicated when we moved up to more than 3 channels on TV when we got UHF.

Guest n*gu**6

remember when people used to say what they mean, and meant what they said... ahh the good ole' days

...you actually called your friends at their house and anyone could answer the phone and if no one was there it was possible to leave a message on the machine(tape recorder).

• Like 1

Remember those curls of Shirley Temple in the 30s dancing and singing to her Animal Crackers in My Soup...

(She will be missed. Watched all her movies)

Guest st*****ens**ors

... Saturday morning involved Conjunction Junction and Inter-planet Janet?

I love this thread! I was all ready to do a South Parkesque "I MEMBER!!!" but I couldn't!!! I was feeling old until I read this thread!

NOPE! DONT REMEMBER A DAMN THING OF THAT!!! YAHHHOOOOOOOOO!!!

I'm gonna go buy a ticket for the next Arianna Grande concert (albeit, my reasons for going are totally different and far more ummm adult than most attendees, I daresay. So I'm doin' alright....

I can say this though;

*clears throat impressively*

Remember when America knew actual freedom and we weren't looking down at them shaking our heads in pity and dismay?

HA! I did one!

*feeling a-part-of*

DISCLAIMER: Not that y'all are old or anything.. Ages for being old differ from men to women imo. Besides, I'm joking, "old" to me, is a state of mind and naught to do with what year you were born. Just trying to make folks smile with my lame brand of humor.

... you could make a joke and not have to apologize after?

Example: someone is shown to be duplicitous, and just happens to be a woman. That has no actual bearing on the situation. It could just as easily have been a man. Then, I say, "Women. Not to be trusted."

A joke, for sure, but someone within a short and limited listening distance could have been horrifyingly offended by that.

#eyeroll

Also, I'm old.

• Like 1

Remember when there was no such things as taxes, or at least very little. Nowadays we are being taxed on everything, example of taxes are licenses for everything like, dog tags, hunting, chain saw, etc...

Guest n*gu**6

Remember when cost of living was a bit less than your income and you had a bit of money left at the end of the month instead of today where it seems for so many there is too much month left at the end of the money.

Remember when we used to Tie both shoes together with laces ... aim for the highest branch ... hec! even the hydro/telephone poles ... swing and latch it up there ? .. perfect art piece for the community ! Lol

Guest 1***otd**

When playing the very first video game called "Pong" which was a square tennis ball was being batted back and forth by two square line paddles, one on each side.... AND WE WERE ENTERTAINED FOR HOURS

Guest st*****ens**ors

Cheese blocks were 500 grams?? And bacon?

Full serve gas was free of extra charge?

Jeans didn't have stretch fiber in them and girls used to subject themselves to torture to wriggle into them?

Guest n*gu**6

Remember when people used to talk to you not just because they needed or wanted something. They would pop over or invite you over for coffee just to chat and catch up

remember when people used to say what they mean, and meant what they said... ahh the good ole' days

^^^This.

The value and morals of it has been lost.

Guest J**ck*9

When MacDonald's hamburger competitor was the Red Barn..... You could buy a burger for 25 cents and a cheeseburger for 35 cents .... Lol