qualitative rejoinders

The standard greeting ceremony of hi-how-are-you-fine-how-are-you-good has been stale and boring since before I was born.

When asked that first question, I used to use a shocking response like, AWFUL, or HOMICIDAL.

Now, I try the exact opposite, because I'd rather pick someone up than drag them down.

Stellar

Fantastic

Sterling

The Very Best

Awesome

Incredible

What else could I use?

• Like 2

The standard greeting ceremony of hi-how-are-you-fine-how-are-you-good has been stale and boring since before I was born.

When asked that first question, I used to use a shocking response like, AWFUL, or HOMICIDAL.

Now, I try the exact opposite, because I'd rather pick someone up than drag them down.

Stellar

Fantastic

Sterling

The Very Best

Awesome

Incredible

What else could I use?

excellente or Fantastical !! I love that word fantastical i get a kick out of it every time it's one of my favs !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Reminds me of one of those great openings from a Cheers episode,

Woody: Hey Mr.Peterson, how's the world treating you?

Norm: Oh, like a baby treats a diaper.

• Like 1

Guest *Ste***cque**

A friend hates that question "Hi, how are you?". He claims 95% of the time it's insincere and only asked out of convention. I agree.

I usually ignore the "how are you" part and just smile and say "Hi". Sometimes I just smile and nod or grunt when asked "How are you".

Instead of thinking of uplifting ways of continuing the phoniness let's just be honest with our feelings when sincerely asked about them. The other 95% of the time just grunt or ignore the question as the asker probably isn't interested in the answer anyway.

Now where's my fuckin' coffee! :)

Okay, but you aren't going to change the convention or ever prevent it from being used, with the possible exception of people you've already frightened into remembering.

I find that my reply surprises people enough (especially when said with some small amount of vigor) that it shakes them out of their rigid conversational placidity.

Jesus. Forget the coffee. I need some titties and beer.

• Like 1

Reminds me of one of those great openings from a Cheers episode,

Woody: Hey Mr.Peterson, how's the world treating you?

Norm: Oh, like a baby treats a diaper.

I remember that episode

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I used to say" Any day above ground is a good day" but now I say "I'm perfect in every way" and that seems to get people in a good mood.

I'll take a "Hi, how are you?" ten times over as opposed to "Rates, service, location?" Lol. I don't even respond to those. I will always respond with "Excellente" to send out a good vibe.

In any given situation, even if it comes across as insincere because it's politically correct to do so, they are still beig considerate of the other person. I still appreciate it esp in this line of work.

• Like 1

I'll take a "Hi, how are you?" ten times over as opposed to "Rates, service, location?" Lol. I don't even respond to those. I will always respond with "Excellente" to send out a good vibe.

Totally agreeing with you Nicolette.

If I am free, I will usually give a complete answer of what's making my day so great and usually throw the ball back with a question. If I am overwhelmed or doing an activities, I might go with a the famous boring "great thanks you, what about you?". I hate the last option, but it permit me to keep the conversation flowing when my day is crazy busy.