Inside the Secret Home Lives of Sex Workers

Thanks for the support guys!! I'm not telling the media I am a former sex worker (to protect my family), but this project is very near and dear to my heart. My goal is to travel around Canada next year and interview as many sex workers as possible (who are out and are comfortable with possible media attention) so any bit of contribution helps!! I am a retired sex worker and full time student now.

xoxoxo

-Lindsay (Natalie)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Interesting article and great responses Lindsay. Good luck with the project.

I had also heard from another lady that US Border Protection will identify sex workers based on tattoos that appear in their ads which is why she chooses to blur or remove them from her pictures. Law enforcement can be very creative and resourceful when it comes to identifying persons of interest.

Good grief...hiding tattoos from border officials to get into the states?  Note that we would also need to ensure our phone browser histories are cleared, text messages and photos are clean, and log

out of work email accounts. 

On 7/29/2018 at 5:44 AM, KendraDee said:

Good grief...hiding tattoos from border officials to get into the states?  Note that we would also need to ensure our phone browser histories are cleared, text messages and photos are clean, and log out of work email accounts. 

Yep. But you can't hide your face when you cross the border... which is probably a good reason to keep it out of your work pics as facial recognition continues to improve.

On 4/25/2018 at 11:12 PM, NatalieWood said:

Thanks for the support guys!! I'm not telling the media I am a former sex worker (to protect my family), but this project is very near and dear to my heart. My goal is to travel around Canada next year and interview as many sex workers as possible (who are out and are comfortable with possible media attention) so any bit of contribution helps!! I am a retired sex worker and full time student now.

xoxoxo

-Lindsay (Natalie)

Hi Lindsey

I have only just read the article. I think what you are doing is fantastic. I am wishing you the best on journey. I believe and support you completely. You are doing something  to make a difference.  It truly sickens me when faced with the stigma & ignorance that surrounds sex work in our county. I can't wait to read every word.  Don't let anything get your way! 

• Thanks 1