Guest t****ster***ke

it's when you thank a fellow cerb-surfer for their contribution to the thread or for an insightful comment, etc ...

it's what you should do to capital hunter's post that linked you to cristy curves' post about what all the fuss was about regarding thanked posts! you will see the icon for it in the lower right corner of his post.

LOL it is not in your post because you can't or aren't supposed to thank yourself. It is in OTHER members posts and as themastershake said it is at the lower right corner of someone else's post. A red Thanks button next to "Nominate Post" button.

you forgot to mention the gigantic thumbs up icon on the button! how will he ever find it with a man's idea of directions, sheeesh!

• Like 1

LOL it is not in your post because you can't or aren't supposed to thank yourself. It is in OTHER members posts and as themastershake said it is at the lower right corner of someone else's post. A red Thanks button next to "Nominate Post" button.

I didn't say I didn't see it on my post, I didn't see it period. I do see it now though, may have something to do with having less than 5 posts? Maybe not but it wasn't there before and it is now.

• Like 1

Hmmm, don't see it, but Thank you for your response :)

Not sure of the exact mechanics of it, but it seems that you have to have a certain number of posts on the board in order for it to become available. Keep posting, and it'll appear sooner rather than later :)

• Like 3

you forgot to mention the gigantic thumbs up icon on the button! how will he ever find it with a man's idea of directions, sheeesh!

Thanks.

Again, it wasn't there when I first joined and it is now.

I didn't say I didn't see it on my post, I didn't see it period. I do see it now though, may have something to do with having less than 5 posts? Maybe not but it wasn't there before and it is now.

You may be correct on the 5 posts if it wasn't there and it is there now. I know that posts are moderated before being posted when the post count is under 5. What I didn't know was that low counters can't even thank someone. Maybe same rule applies to Rep points at the top right?.

You may be correct on the 5 posts if it wasn't there and it is there now. I know that posts are moderated before being posted when the post count is under 5. What I didn't know was that low counters can't even thank someone. Maybe same rule applies to Rep points at the top right?.

I hesitate to say this but.....The Rep Points option only appears on my posts. I'm sure related to the fact that I'm a moderated member. I'm sure in a few days everything will appear as it does to everyone else.

Maybe same rule applies to Rep points at the top right?.

It does, but moreso. I think you need to have 25 posts and 25 rep points of your own before you can dish out rep points. There's a thread on the whole thing here, which really needs updating with whatever the "thanks" button does, 'cos I think that give rep points to the recipient too...

I adjusted the tanks option so that EVERYONE can use it and it gives 25 rep points now as well. (It's nice to be thanked for info posted!)

• Like 2