Independent or Not??

Hi everyone! I am curious about how guys feel about seeing a MA who is independent versus seeing a MA who is employed by a spa or an agency. Does this factor into your decision making when deciding to see a new lady or is it pretty irrelevant? I've always wondered about the client's perspective on this. Thanks for any responses in advance.

• Like 3

I see MA's a lot less than I see other ladies. So far, I had seen only indies since I feel I would be less likely to bump into someone in a private settings. Running into someone is one main reason that deters me to visit a spa.

Edited by Luckyme

Guest D***el B***e

I personnally prefer indies. I've been to many spas in the past but I get totally paranoid walking in. It's not so much running into someone I know than being caught by the authorities. With my luck sometimes, ya know ... so I tend to stay away now although there are soooo many gorgeous women I'd loooove to see. Can't have everything I guess. I prefer the seclusion and discretion that comes with visiting an indy MA.

It makes no different to me the MA is indies or working for a spa or agency as long as her name appears in CERB's recommendation section.

• Like 1

I am quite comfortable seeing both, but tend toward indies as I like them to get a better payday, not have to give up the door to the spa. Before you jump on me for that comment, I do understand that they do have their own expenses to cover. I do the spa now and then as their is always someone there that piques my fancy. I also am a little different in that I have my own massage table, and comfortable inviting a lady to my place once I get to know her.

• Like 2

I wonder how many girls are truly indy?

That is my concern... Girls claim to be indy, but who knows if they really are or not. I visited one "indy" and when I left I saw a guy immediately get out of a truck and walk right in the place. Was it a bf? Maybe... But it made me wonder...

There are tons of rumours out there, and it is up to us to believe what we want. Because this site doesn't allow negative comments, we can't share experiences like mine.

I have been a very long time member of a local club and have enjoyed the familiar surroundings that an established club offers but at the same time I am there to enjoy the company of the woman and it doesn't matter as much whether they are working for an establishment or working on their own. If I enjoy being with the MA then I would see her in a club, at my place or her own location in the city.

I would also add that location plays a big part of how often I see an MA. Meaning that if I have to drive across the city during the daytime to see an MA that only works daytime then it will never happen. There has to be some convenience in where she is working and the hours she works.

• Like 1

I have a bit of a preference for seeing someone independent, but not much. If I want to see someone then I'll go see her whether she's independent or not.

• Like 2

I like to know the whole donation is going to the lady. I like ladies to be successful in their own business and perhaps having another lady work for them, acting as a mentor, providing a safe environment for new girls entering the business. Most of the massage parlors (MP) now have really big showers for 2 and that's a big draw. Indies can control their time and not be locked into 12 hour shifts. Indies can go shopping, go to the gym or whatever as long as their phone is handy.

• Like 3

Guest ***y****9

I would only see an indy. I value my anonymity and don't want to run into someone at a spa. I also find indy's more relaxed as they can set their own schedule and don't have to get the "knock' on the door if they want to go longer.

As a general rule, I would only feel comfortable visiting an indy who has put in time at a reputable SPA...or one who has established a good reputation, as many members of CERB has.

I prefer indy also. They are more relaxed and sometimes I have been asked to hangout and chat for a while. It's more private. But most of the indy's now work at spa's or retired. I go to spa's also because the women I like work at the spa. So far they are pretty discreet and have great facilities. But there is clock watching, as the rooms may be booked one after another.

• Like 1

I agree with "Someguy" because there is always Someguy showing up earlier than his scheduled time, then you might walk by Someguy ( doesn't bother me ;) ) if you're at a Spa, but Spa's are pretty dam good with schedules so nobody runs into Someguy. I enjoy either a Spa or Indy right NOW but with laws changing I think things may change for myself or Some guys :)

However a Indy lady has that great way of being her own scheduler and can take an hour off between or more with me and then the 2nd Someguy I will never have to see. :)

Just this guys opinion :)

Lol all in good fun from me this guy

I prefer indy also. They are more relaxed and sometimes I have been asked to hangout and chat for a while. It's more private. But most of the indy's now work at spa's or retired. I go to spa's also because the women I like work at the spa. So far they are pretty discreet and have great facilities. But there is clock watching, as the rooms may be booked one after another.
  • Like 2

I wonder how many girls are truly indy?

That is my concern... Girls claim to be indy, but who knows if they really are or not. I visited one "indy" and when I left I saw a guy immediately get out of a truck and walk right in the place. Was it a bf? Maybe... But it made me wonder...

There are tons of rumours out there, and it is up to us to believe what we want. Because this site doesn't allow negative comments, we can't share experiences like mine.

Hopefully this comment does not cause trouble . Perhaps Ottawa is more tolerant .

Gentlemen , please I don't mean in the least to be rude but please use your thinking mind . Know where you are going and do your home work . I don't walk at night in dangerous places , Hmm , Gee I have learned many years ago what is safe and and what is not .

Indy or Independant ? No differance , meet someone you like and trust and all else is trivia .

• Like 2

It has ALWAYS been about the connection with the MA for me.

I couldn't care less about where she worked and would travel to see her if the connection was there...

• Like 4

The only Ladies I've seen are at the local spas. Like others I too hope I don't run into someone I know. I do get nervous going in. Once in that goes away. I do concern myself with the new Bill coming that some establishment's might get raided, when it first goes into place. So politicians look good. On the positive side I like all the amenities at the SPA's big showers etc. Also most SPA's have 2 exits which is good. At an Indies there will be only on in and out exit if say it is a private home, at an apartment building totally different more exits. So if you are waiting to go into the Indy's private res someone could be coming out. I'm sure the Indy would not want to do this at her private residents so there is another expense for her another place to run her business. There are many ways of looking at this. Pro's and Con's to everything. I guess one has to pick what's best for them especially location. I hope this makes some sense..

• Like 1

I've been to a spa only once. I prefer indies for the following reason.

Privacy - Walking into the spa from an open street was a bit unnerving. Nothing wrong with it, and while it faced a road, it was quite empty and I'm certain no one noticed me going in or leaving. I wouldn't say it's a deal killer, but it is a factor.

Also, I did pass by another client on my way out. It didn't bother me too much, but I would have preferred not to have that happen.

Experience - I just prefer the more personal touch of seeing an indy. With an indy, I can get a sense of who she is right from her website. A bonus if she is active here. When I send out a message, I will be getting in touch with her. By the time I meet her, there is an initial understanding of each other. With a spa, I literally did not know anything about the person coming in (my experience was perhaps a bit more extreme, but in normal circumstances, I'd just know some brief physical details which doesn't mean much).

There are some other instances where I would like to get in touch with the person directly, just to inform her about some interests, and get her feedback. It's a bit awkward to do so when contacting the spa.

Not to say there are no upsides to a spa. With the spa, I was able to walk right in with a short notice. That isn't as easy with an indy. The person I normally see has a very different schedule then I. It once took two months to set something up with her because of it. Additionally, a spa can sometimes provide more facilities (not always) which is nice.

In short, while I would not completely rule out a spa, I'm much more inclined to see an indy.

• Like 2

It has ALWAYS been about the connection with the MA for me. I couldn't care less about where she worked and would travel to see her if the connection was there...

Exactly how I feel !! I'm not sure what the concern is in meeting someone you might know at a spa. I think that it would be interesting to have a friend or acquaintance that has similar interests that I could talk to or compare notes with. Do you think that person is going to run off and tell others or your significant other that you met at a spa? Would he not likely be in the same position as you? And in the unlikely event that was to happen, you just say you were there for your sore shoulder !! that spa was recommended by someone you work with to fix your sore muscle(s) :icon_wink:

• Like 1

MOST spas will do their utmost to ensure that customers DO NOT cross paths...

So if that is what is holding a person back from visiting some of the FANTASTIC women working at a Spa... then you really have nothing to worry about.

• Like 4

I have seen both MAs who are Indys and those who work at spas. To me, it's more about the connection with the MA, as opposed to where she works.

My concern with spas is not running into people I know, but being there if there is a "visit" from bylaw officers or law enforcement. I've read about this happening in Toronto spas on other boards, but wasn't sure if this also happens in Ottawa.

I'm relatively new to the hobby (within the past year) and always make sure to visit reputable spas.

Anyone else have concerns with this, or am I just being paranoid?

Thanks.

• Like 2

being there if there is a "visit" from bylaw officers or law enforcement.

Been visiting BOTH Indy and Spas for over 20 years and have NEVER had that happen.

• Like 1