Gentlemen: What Scents Do You Prefer?

Scents to set the mood  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Scents to set the mood

• Citrus Scents - orange, grapefruit, lemon, lime
    • Woody/Earthy Scents - vetivert, sandalwood, patchouli
    • Musky Scents - musk, lavender (I consider lavender to be musk rather than floral)
    • Floral Scents - rose, lily, lilac
    • Baking Scents - vanilla, the smell of freshly baked cookies or cake

I like my incall to smell pleasant, and I enjoy burning a few drops of essential oil to lightly scent my boudoir. Scent has been shown to have interesting effects.

Citrus and pine scents give the impression of freshness and cleanliness.

Lavender has been shown in studies to increase libido in the majority of men, with vanilla not far behind (thank you, science!).

I personally love woody smells like vetivert with a splash of bright citrus, but I am curious as to what sorts of scents men like. Of course, this isn't precisely scientific, but with enough of you giving a vote, I will have a large enough sample to make better judgments on which scents help to create certain moods during my sessions.

• Like 1

THere are other things that fire up the labido, a flirt is more enticing to me than cookies ;)

However , whatever floats the boat...

Wow, this is a tough one for me. I have never been one to pay a lot of attention to scents. My sense of smell is not all that good at the best of times but as long as it isn't too strong, I'm okay with most of them. I guess the earthy tones would be my preference if any. I had no idea that lavender was effective for the libido. Go figure.:biggrin:

I kind of enjoy natural scent of a woman that is horny. That smell just makes me horny :)

Plus you don't want any strong scents that can get on a man's clothes that he may have to explain when he get's home to his wife.

And some people are allergic to scents or strong perfumes.

• Like 2

For some reason the very slight scent of vanilla on a woman get me very turned on! Not sure why this is so, but for whatever reason it seems to do the trick for me!

While vanilla is nice, the association I have with it makes me dislike the smell. Other then that, while all others are pleasant aromas, I prefer the earthy sort.

• Like 1

I am one of those people who gets a headache from colognes and perfume, but essential oils don't bother me.

I only use a couple drops to give the room a light scent - I prefer it to a spray of air freshener or Febreeze.

And vanilla is the number two scent in that same study that found lavender to boost male libido. The study's actually kinda interesting... too bad I can't find the damned link for it! Basically it showed that men who have sniffed lavender and vanilla to have a more, ah... rigid response....

Glad to see you only use a few drops.

I saw a touring gal once who bathed in some kind of jasmine. It made me dizzy and gave me a migraine.

I am one of those people who gets a headache from colognes and perfume, but essential oils don't bother me.

I only use a couple drops to give the room a light scent - I prefer it to a spray of air freshener or Febreeze.

And vanilla is the number two scent in that same study that found lavender to boost male libido. The study's actually kinda interesting... too bad I can't find the damned link for it! Basically it showed that men who have sniffed lavender and vanilla to have a more, ah... rigid response....

I have also read somewhere before that lavender and vanilla have some beneficial effect on men. So, for that I would go with either of these two.

I had a gf once that wore vanilla scented perfume and it used to drive me wild. I still think of her when I smell vanilla. I find certain food scents quite appealing. Not sure how common this is. Maybe I'm developing a food fetish. I guess the key to a man's heart really is through his stomach!

I have to say, I am a bit surprised with this poll so far. Vanilla seems to be much more popular than I would have guessed! Thanks to everyone for their vote and comments!

Although I do love the smell of a quality perfume on a woman my preference is no perfume on the lady that I would be having an encounter with. Perhaps the room can be mildly scented. It is just safer that way. ;-)

My favorite fragrance is "La vie est belle" by Lancome.... just the smallest scent of it evokes amazing memories.

Just my opinion.

This is an interesting article. When I was single I used to love getting close enough to a woman so I could smell her neckline if we were dancing at a club or something. I really do love a woman who smells good, yet when I tell a lady now that she smells good, I usually get a " well I dodn't want to smell bad", lol. Its a compliment, please treat it as such. Anyways back to the topic at hand, I had an ex girlfriend who wore this Frambois. I think she said it was from the body shop. Anyways all she had to do was put it on and I'd go bonkers over her.

Guest D***el B***e

Montreal Steak Spice for me, it makes me fire up my grill .... ooops sorry, wrong thread! :-) :-) Where's the bbq thread again? lol

I'll go with Baking and Woody from your list. Hehe, I said Woody. Actually I've always been a Vanilla fan. A few ladies where it and luv it. I especially like it in an elevator when I get in and no one is there. I can close my eyes and just imagine the sexy lady that might have just been there before me. I would say I'm less into the floral scents. And in all cases I really like it when it is subtle. Ladies whatever you chose, we just need a 'scent' that draws us to come in closer for more.

Cub

PS, I also like the scent of saw dust. But that's a different thread.

i used to use the seasonal sents of candles but now i have gone the way electric candles for safety reasons ( omg almost had a fire when the glass cracked ) but id love to have a welcoming sent maybe with oils ?? my favorite was cupcakes

Kaylee