View Single Post
Old 10-26-2017, 12:10 PM
Elite Member (500+ Posts)
Long time member

I am a
Gregsand has over 5000 reputation pointsGregsand has over 5000 reputation pointsGregsand has over 5000 reputation pointsGregsand has over 5000 reputation pointsGregsand has over 5000 reputation pointsGregsand has over 5000 reputation pointsGregsand has over 5000 reputation points

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhereIRoam View Post
I don't mean to contradict...
I don't consider your experience a contradiction. There some sad stories with happy endings and some not so much. In your case, she opened about her problems and took steps to clean herself up. If she stays away from the environment that got her there, she'll likely live a good life.

In the case of dmsdms, allowing her to consume in his hotel room and leaving her alone uncertain about her condition was pretty careless. This could have ended tragically on top of causing serious legal problems. If he wants to help her, he can meet her off the clock for a coffee and recommend her to seek help. If she doesn't, the best is to leave her alone until she finds the proper motivation to do so.

Helping someone doesn't mean allowing her to hijack your existence. Just point her in the right direction and hope she'll get the message.

Comments

Thanked Post
The Following User Says Thank You to Gregsand For This Useful Post: