Flu vaccine, are you getting it or not? and why?

Personally, I Never get any sorts of vaccines. I believe in the ol saying "whatever doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger"

I rarely get sick as it is but if I had the flu, I would stay home, take care of myself and get better.

I wash my hands and cough in my sleeve. I avoid crowded places and I don t touch door handles with my bare hands, hover over public toilette seats and I do not eat at high density ares like a cafeteria. If I am sick in a way or need to see a doctor, I register, find out how long the wait is, then go for a stroll and come back.I don t like hospitals and if I do need to go, I go to a Country hospital like Winchester Hospital with a fraction of the people and a fraction of the wait time and a fraction of flu bacterias.

Canada is fairy advanced in the Medical area, and if I were to get polio or something very serious that most Canadians are vaccinated against (this protects me), I'm sure the cure is just a prescription away from a healthy state.

• Like 1

I also don't get the vaccine because I feel it will make my immune system weaker if I don't have to fight off potential viruses.

Yes,

I'm not into pills so much either, I don t want my immune system broken down and dependent off of them.

I got the flu shot years ago, guess what, sicker than a dog for about a week after getting the shot.

Got the flu one other time since them, and that was right after visiting a family member in the hospital, got the bug in the hospital.

Other than that, never got the flu, or a cold

RG

The flu vaccine is the biggest conspiracy in the history of mankind. A conspiracy propagated by powerful governments and the biggest drug companies in the world. I'd like to know if every employee of the drug companies that make the flu vaccines and other more recent vaccines (eg. H1N1) all took it. All those multi-gagillionaire drug companies are laughing all the way to the bank. Ummmmmmm...no, I'm not getting the vaccine and haven't gotten the vaccine in years.

• Like 2

From what i understand the flu shot is based on the best "guess" from world medical authorities on what the threat is for the up coming season. Because of my job, I get the shot every year (in Nov) as it is mandated. It's not a bad idea if you travel international as well. Knock on wood, I have missed the flu for years.

There is ample and compelling evidence that vaccinations do work, despite what a few contrarians might argue.Vaccinations are not 100% guaranteed to prevent a disease in everyone who is vaccinated.The view that vaccines cause autism is growing, despite the fact there is no compelling evidence for it, however, I do believe in a world like today a lot of what is spread can be prevented by simple lifestyle changes that are preached every day to us..wash your hands, don t cough on people, eat well, sleep well....ect. Truth is, a lot of the world is deprived of very important nutrients and education they need. We can send money feed and give simple medical treatment to deprived areas of the world, but, another saying "you can give someone a fish and they can eat for a day, or you can teach them to fish and they can eat for life". I see it..Haiti, for instance.. millions of dollars have been given to this Country to help with the poor and disaster stricken Island. We can give them bottled water and rice and think we re being all nice but..in the end, the wreckage is still there and how come we don t give these people shoes? With the money we should have rebuilt broken water manes and cleaned up the wreckage where stagnant water breads diseases..With all the food wasted in North America alone, we could feed Millions, WELL..

These are the people that need vaccines the most. If we get sick, here in a Country so advanced, it s our own fault, really. Our body was made to defeat disease, overcome bacterias by taking care of ourselves.

Sorry for rambling,

Here is a list of ingredients to make vaccines. I do my best to eliminate as many toxins I can in my daily lifestyle and choose not to add these many toxins to my body that will stick around for ten years +.

This is my viewpoint. I've noticed something with the people I know. If they get sick a lot, vaccine or not..I notice that they don't take care of themselves very well.

But I do want to say, I'm glad most people have vaccines, because they help protect the one s like myself that don't CHEERS!!!

Additional Comments:

This is only a few, there are over a hundred

Monosodium phosphate

Montanide 80 ®

Mouse brain cells

Neisseria meningitides OMPC

Neomycin

Neomycin sulphate

Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide

Nonyl

Recombinant HBsAg protein

Saline solution

Salmonella Typhi bacteria

Silicon

Sodium acetate

Sodium hydrogen carbonate

Sodium hydroxide

rubber

Virus: Yellow fever

Xanthan gum

Yeast extract

Virus: Inactivated whole avian influenza

Virus: Influenza

Virus: Influenza virus antigens

Virus: Japanese encephalitis (JE)

Virus: Measles

Virus: Mumps

Virus: polio

Virus: Rabies

Virus: Respiratory Syncitial Virus (RSV)

[/url]

• Like 1

This is a controversial topic because so many people believe what the media shovels down our throats.

And Doctors are of course pro-vaccine as it is what keeps the medical profession going. One of the first things a Dr. will say in defending vaccinations is Polio was eradicated by vaccines.. Then there will be others like in these links that tell a different story.

http://www.whale.to/vaccine/polio1.html

http://www.vaccine-side-effects.com/content/vaccines-what-causes-polio-poisons-or-viruses-/

I believe that vaccination programs are actually designed to cause holes in our bodies defenses and the long term effects are cancer, along with other diseases. If everyone was healthy it would be a catastrophe for the medical system, as well as the world would overpopulate and our resources would deplete too rapidly. So the powers that be control this through disease among other means. (food, water,) Its a thinning of the herd. I also believe it goes alot deeper than this but I don't want to get to out there as this is already going to get alot of ppl thinking I'm a whack Job for even saying this much.. LOL

I think that if ppl want to get a full view on what is actually going on in the world, they should look at alternate news sources other than the mainstream media that is controlled by the government.

• Like 1

For any of those that don't believe in vaccines, do a quick wikipedia check and look at the pictures for smallpox. That was a horrible disease that was only able to be wiped from this earth because of the use of vaccines. Polio was nearly the same sucess story however people forgot how it was to be without the vaccine. It was scheduled to be wiped out this year, however several small countries said - look we don't have any polio and stopped their vaccinations. Like anything, it came back.

It is people's choice to get the flu vaccine, however I chose to do so since I can have it and statistically I am better off to have taken it than not. And contrary to popular mythic belief it does not make you weaker, since it is using a dead virus to train your body. I also have a friend who had a liver transplant and is on antirejection drugs. He unfortunately cannot have the vaccine and needs to rely on everyone else to not spread the disease for him. I am personally for the vaccine, but it is ultimately people's choice, and that no one should force. Just if you chose not to take it, do it for the right reasons. Lack of education or this corporate conspiracy stuff is not a valid reason and I prefer to keep my conspiracies to the movies.

I am not a doctor, or a medical professional, but I do have a masters in science from many many many years ago.

• Like 5

I will take the opposite opinon to the majority here. When my wife was ill one of the side affects of her treatment was the loss of her immune system. It was imperative that those who she had contact with her were vacinated so that they could not become ill and give her an infection. As I'm older I have since then taken my flu shot ever year, mainly because if it affords me some protection, I might just avoid an unpleasant illness. I would also point out that the flu is not always a relatively benign disease. There can be complications and the stats show that there are quite a number of deaths every year associated with the flu..

It's not just about you. I'm retired and do a fair bit of volunteer work with a number of people who are vulnerable, so why risk getting ill and affecting them. You are in an industry where there is a need to have close personal contact with a quite a number of clients, so why wouldn't you use this simle tool to minimize your risk of getting ill. In the positive, it's free and there's a low risk of complications.

And my final comment, I think it's really important, especially being around this industry, to be up to date with your hepatitus shots.

I didn't get the flu shot last year... and I got the flu 3 or 4 times from clients and other people I came into contact with.

This year I decided to go for as I've gotten many other vaccines and don't believe in garbage conspiracy theories. (Why would they make people sick with a vaccine when it just ends up costing the country more money in health and hospital costs.. Completely unfounded...)

This year, I have yet to catch the flu.

If it's because of the shot or my obsessive use of hand sanitizer, I don't really know... but I'm happy I went for it as this is the first year I haven't caught it. (And I like to think of myself as a clean and healthy person.)

I wonder if people think the same crazy stuff about vaccines like the one for HPV.. Or against antibiotics to clear up a STD..

The flu kills people, it would be silly to think Doctors wouldn't want to try an stop and lighten their load for other conditions/illnesses.

PK, I would not go as far to say Vaccines are designed to support a conspiracy to ?cull the herd? and ensure employment for doctors. Although quality of life has a lot to do with it, without medicine and medical innovation (including vaccine) our life expectancy would still be back in the dark ages around 30 years old, if you were lucky enough to get out of your teens (In 1780 it was only 35 yo). Don?t you think Doctors are busy enough today without supporting vaccines as a means to make us sick......most have way too many patients as it is....

However, I do agree with your recommendation for people to research the issue. An uninformed patient is almost always compliant with the medical profession and the media. Look at the arguments from both sides and make your own decision. For now at least, until science can prove otherwise, vaccines are a good way to protect yourself, your children and others.

Conspiracies are a Theory.. Until they are proven..

People get the flu, People die.. Its part of the cycle..

I'm not saying that flu vaccines may not prevent the flu.. They may very well do, However I am submitting that their real purpose is a much more hidden and nefarious one.

If you follow the money, you will always find the real reason behind what goes on. Not for a second can I believe that the government, and the pharmacutical companies and their investors have your very personal interest in their regard. WE are Human Resources, all of us.. WE are what keep their bank accounts overflowing. Healthy people dont cost money.. Healthy people dont buy drugs.. Healthy People dont go to the doctor.

Sick people do the opposite, and thats what keeps the world go round folks. Sorry to break it to you.

If I came out with a pill, that cost 50c to produce and I donated it to mankind. I would probably be dead the next day. None of these companies want you to be well, or you would be.

Sorry, but if you are living in this bubble thinking that big brother is watching out for you. I pity you, cuz when that day comes and it pops you won't have a clue which ways up.

Not saying theres alot we can do, but.. at least I dont want to have my head in my sand or up my ass while its happening

The flu vaccine is the biggest conspiracy in the history of mankind. A conspiracy propagated by powerful governments and the biggest drug companies in the world. I'd like to know if every employee of the drug companies that make the flu vaccines and other more recent vaccines (eg. H1N1) all took it. All those multi-gagillionaire drug companies are laughing all the way to the bank. Ummmmmmm...no, I'm not getting the vaccine and haven't gotten the vaccine in years.

I used to come down with flu 2 to 4 times a year, each lasting between 2 to as much as 5 days sometimes followed by coughing for days after for all my life. I started having flu shots about 7-8 years ago. Past 7-8 years, in some years I didn't get a flu at all and in a few years once or twice very mild flu lasting couple of days. Significant improvement since I started getting the shots.

This year I got the flu shot in mid November (later than usual as I was busy with work) and I had a long horrible flu just before that. I learned my lesson. I will get the flu shot from now on as soon as the shots are available for the year. Flu shots are indeed effective. At least on me and I can say this from personal experience. There are many conspiracy theories about just about every subject in the world (including alien abduction/invasion cover up, Sept, 11, 2001, govenment conspiracies) and that is what they are, just theories lol.

If you follow the money, you will always find the real reason behind what goes on. Not for a second can I believe that the government, and the pharmacutical companies and their investors have your very personal interest in their regard. WE are Human Resources, all of us.. WE are what keep their bank accounts overflowing. Healthy people dont cost money.. Healthy people dont buy drugs.. Healthy People dont go to the doctor.

Exactly, follow the money. The cost of a flu shot for one person... let's be pricy here and say $5 a shot. The cost of addmitting someone to the hospital (this is just checking them into the system, no seeing anyone) is $500. It is cost effective for the government which pays for our healthcare to give the shot since it saves money in the hospital system. Added bonus - the vaccine creates jobs since someone needs to research and make it. And consider all the time off work that people aren't using. Again, it means more cash which can then be taxed. So yes, they are being selfish - however this is a good thing.

Exactly, follow the money. The cost of a flu shot for one person... let's be pricy here and say $5 a shot. The cost of addmitting someone to the hospital (this is just checking them into the system, no seeing anyone) is $500. It is cost effective for the government which pays for our healthcare to give the shot since it saves money in the hospital system. Added bonus - the vaccine creates jobs since someone needs to research and make it. And consider all the time off work that people aren't using. Again, it means more cash which can then be taxed. So yes, they are being selfish - however this is a good thing.

Ricco, have you ever looked into what goes into vaccines? If u look at kids nowdays getting 20+ shots before they are 3 yrs old.. the rise of autism, cancer, diabetes and so many more diseases.. how much do think that costs? hey in many cases they are giving the flu shot.. 5 dollars is great deal... we are actually paying for the stuff that is being jabbed into our system that will eventually kill us long term..

Posted via Mobile Device

the rise of autism

There is no connection between vaccination and autism. A brief panic over this was prompted by a British study, since discredited as deeply flawed and retracted by the journal that published it.

This special by Frontline might be useful to the casually interested or anyone who might be wondering about vaccines after reading some of the posts in this thread. You can watch it online:

The Vaccine Wars

I'm open to other views but they need to be backed up by facts and research, and not just driven by speculation, invention, or innuendo.

Just adding a few more thoughts.

First, talking about the FLU SHOT ONLY...I got it once, got sick almost immediately afterwards, sick for a week. Not conspiracy theory, just my personal experience.

Never got it since then, never sick since then (not a cold, fever, flu etc) except ONCE when I visited a family member in a hospital (patients in hallways, family member in a ward) because room she was first in had another patient who was contagious with "something"...and I visited family member first time in the room with the other sick patient present.

I'm not spouting conspiracy theories, not saying vaccinations are evil, just I have been flu free without the flu shot

As a sidebar, I share an office, the other people in the office got the flu shot, and got the flu, me, not sick at all.

RG

Here's the problem MP, most of the research and information that we the public recieve is of course control, produced and handled by the same people that have a vested interest in keeping the vaccine programs going.

Its part of a population control agenda that is worldwide. And some would say necessary to keep the balance and keep things in control.

Another problem is that the effects are longterm. So its pretty hard to say the vaccine you took today will open the door to cancer say 12 yrs from now.

I know some of this may seem so extreme and out of left field for alot of people to believe. But I know some people who have been privy to things that are very hush hush.. and what I am saying right now is not only true, its really very much the tip of the iceberg.

When it comes down to billion and trillion dollar industries, politics and power, they have everything to lose. How could you ever trust what they say? Its not like they have a clean track record. Like the idea of an honest politician makes most ppl laugh right?

Meanwhile those who don't know better, roll up their sleeves and take this stuff in thinking they are doing themselves good. Carefully read what is in these things and then please tell me who this can be so darn good for you.

http://www.vaccinationnews.com/dailynews/may2001/whatsinvax.htm

Note: the individual that wrote the article is just an average concerned person.. But the source of the ingredients is 100% on the money. Its the same source that tells you that they are good for you.

The only thing good thing I can see in these ingredients is the antifreeze as it might keep me warm while skiing this winter.. LOL

It's a personal decision, but I've never had one and probably never will. If I get the flu, I will have the flu. I'm quite healthy and rarely get sick. I think vaccines are great for those with compromised immune systems (elderly, undergoing chemotherapy, etc.), but I sometimes I wonder if they don't encourage us all to get them to cover the R&D costs to ensure vaccines are made for those who need them most.

In her later years, my mother-in-law always said she got sick after getting her shot.

Guest W***ledi*Time
... First, talking about the FLU SHOT ONLY...I got it once, got sick almost immediately afterwards....

The literature states that it takes from one to two weeks following the vaccine shot for the body's immune response cycle (production of antibodies, etc) to be completed. So the vaccine's protection is not fully in effect until then.

Those "nasty things" in vaccines are there for a reason...

Most of them keep the virus, ect.. from reproducing, taking over your system and some of them even help you immune system.

I think "Bullshit" did an episode on vaccines where they made fun of the crazies and explain exactly what and why vaccines are important. (All while being hilarious... ;))

For example; mercury... People were always freaking out about the mercury in vaccines.

Did you know a tuna fish sandwich has something like 4 times the amount of mercury as 100 vaccines?

There's just no reason to fear people into not getting something that could save their life...

For a great example of how they work... check this video out,

It's both informative and funny.

xo

Edited by Parker
missed a word

There's just no reason to fear people into not getting something that could save their life..

Hear Hear!!. Well stated.

Additional Comments:

The literature states that it takes from one to two weeks following the vaccine shot for the body's immune response cycle (production of antibodies, etc) to be completed. So the vaccine's protection is not fully in effect until then.

I have heard in rare cases when someone has the flu virus in his/her body already, the flu shot may push him/her over the edge and the person may come down with the flu. So, this may have been the reason for roamingguy to come down with a flu immediately after the shot.

Also I believe 2 in every million (or 1 in 500,000) one may suddenly go into coma and develop paralysis (GBS). The benefits however, by far outweigh the risks. Many people actually DIE from flu each year (36000 deaths in the US and between 2000 to 8000 deaths in Canada EACH YEAR. That is approx. on average, 1 in every 10000 Canadian die from flu each year. Not a joke lol.), and though it is mostly elderly but it is NOT limited to elderly lol. Flu shots are about 70% to 80% effective in preventing the flu and has been and will be saving many lives and this is a fact and not a (conspiracy) theory.

Edited by S*****t Ad*****r

Guest W***ledi*Time

It's a bleak old world when we are told we can believe neither the scientists nor the magicians. I tell ya, I've got this craving for a shot of something ...

metaphysics-diagram-011.png?w=681&h=478