Kissing and flu season.....should we?

I have always taken good care of my health. Eat well, take vitamins,practice safe sex,and try to stay active. I have been a service provider for a few years, but this is the first year I have offered GFE service( which does include kissing). Truthfully a few years ago if you ask me to kiss you I simply just would say no. And when I was asked why I would respond "cause I dont want to catch every cold, flu, and cold sore's that are going around" I am starting to feel the same way, now, I love to kiss as well. But I seem to paying the price now. Every darn flu/cold that comes in town I seem to catch! I am worried about getting cold sore's as well, never had one, and don't want it! So what is the solution? Do I stop kissing?:( I would like to think in this day and age we would have respect and the common knowledge to cancel appointments when we may have been in contact with a flu virus/colds/cold sore's. Even if someone in your household is sick, that is still risky. Also let's consider other people in my own personal life, such as my own mother.If she were to come in contact with some of these viruses it could kill her.

This also applies to the ladies in the industry. We can not work when we are sick! We also have to consider our clients families health. I have even had some instances of me being sick and would need to cancel my appt and would get a response," Oh, well are you really that sick, cant you just...." Well this is very stupid! Cause even if I can make it threw the appointment, you are still bringing the virus home to your family!

I want to know how are you feeling about this scenario? SP and hobbyist alike. How can we make this a healthier community? Does anyone else have concerns about this? And also, perhaps someone can shed some light on the facts of flu virus's and sexual activity?Thanks for taking the time to read this, looking forward to your input.

I also don't kiss for health reasons. I know you can't get HIV or anything serious from kissing, but I don't want to be sick with colds/flus all year. I'm also a teacher, and as you know, little children + messy little hands = SICK.

I think the best prevention, aside from not kissing, would just be to take care of yourself physically. Eat healthy, exercise, take a multi-vitamin. I also take Cold FX every day and have only gotten sick once in the last 6 months (and to its credit, I hadn't taken it in a week when I did).

Yet another reason why some GFE ladies charge more - there is greater risk involved. It is SO frustrating when my gentlemen callers arrive with the sniffles! I do not tell them to go home, I just have to adjust my services that I offer. Although it is annoying when anyone has to cancel or postpone appointments (I have done this many times), it really really is for the best. Colds are not fun - especially when you are on the road and there is a lot of financial commitment/loss because of them. At the end of the day, I would rather have every single date canceled than catch a bug!

• Like 1

i agree people should stay home with colds and the flu not nice giving other people your germs and making them sick some people don't even know how to cough in public they never cover there mouth

i agree people should stay home with colds and the flu not nice giving other people your germs and making them sick some people don't even know how to cough in public they never cover there mouth

I have noticed that too, this is something we must teach our kids at a young age.

Guest s******ecan****

Good subject Sophia

I have cancelled appointments before due to having a cold (I always wait until I am 100% better), I have often wonderd if the ladies think I am making up an excuse to cover but I just refuse to go if i'm sick because not only is it rude and inconsiderate, I wouldn't fully enjoy the experience myself if I'm not feeling great.

One of the advantages of getting older and trust me there aren't many :) is that one does get ill much less. Probably I've been exposed to everything out there. I haven't been sick for more than 10 years. That being said I'd never attend an appointment if I was ill and I'd appreciate a provider cancelling if she was ill.

One of the things I'm extremely conscious about during clod and flu season is touching my face particularly my eyes which seem to the major gateway for viruses even more so than ones mouth. Limiting stress helps, excercise, Cold FX, Vit D and plain natural yogurt and a kilogram of blueberries per week works for me as well a sense of humour, the odd glass of wine and staying away from kids.

I think travellers have a whole different set of challenges generally.

Peace

MG

I do kiss. But if I'm not well, I have no hesitation about cancelling appointments. It's very rare for me to get sick, though. I get flu shots. I eat a very healthy diet. I take vitamins and generally take good care of myself. But I may get a cold once every 12-18 months and so I don't work that week.

I've had clients arrive at my place, very ill. I've sent them away. Okay, sometimes I make them a cup of tea, first, but we don't play together that day. I'll juggle my schedule to give them another appointment as soon as possible, but I won't risk getting intimate with them.

I was very surprised, last fall, when I had my gall bladder out, to find how many prospective clients wanted to see me very soon after the surgery. I took four weeks off work. My regulars all knew about my hiatus. But I got e-mail from guys who wanted to meet, even when I said that I was recovering from my surgery and not available. I didn't see any of them. If their needs somehow trumped mine when I'd been clear about the situation, I was pretty sure that we weren't going to be compatible at all.

I love to kiss but if I have a cold which is very rare. I don't see anyone until I am 100% better and appreciate when someone cancels because they are sick. I would hate to have to turn someone away because of that and so far I have not had to. It's all about respecting the other person.

• Like 3

After reading these responses, and after careful consideration. I think the way to go about this for me, is to not offer kissing to just anyone. I may decide to do it on a case by case approach. There have been times when I have stated that I offer kissing, then they arrive and have noticed once I got close that they have not freshly brushed their teeth, or chewed gum etc...I need a clean mouth to kiss. But where as I have already stated that I offer it as a part of my GFE, feel obligated to do so. I think my responds to the question " do you kiss" will be....." If the connection is there, and I feel you have properly taken care of your oral hygiene. That way I hope it will not stir up an uncomfortable position for the 2 of us.

Also, I have not had a flu shot, so now, Yes I think I will have to do that.

and one more question to put out there, does antibacterial mouthwash cut your risk down during the flu season?

Well for me kissing is a big attraction and a big part of the experience. I think it is such a personal way to connect with someone. I would lean towards ladies that are comfortable with this. I have been with those who just don't offer this. I wouldn't repeat with them. But it does go without saying that this is based on a mutual understanding and respect that the person has fresh breath, is clean, and doesn't have a cold. I do get a flu shot ad try and stay healthy so have never had to cancel because I'm not well. However, I wouldn't hesitate to advise a lady if I was under the weather and the majority I've met would certainly understand and appreciate it. And I know they would do the same.

Cub

Posted via Mobile Device

• Like 2

I would really not find a lot of eroticism in kissing and making out with a woman who has a cold or who is not feeling well, and I am quite certain that she would feel exactly the same way, quite rightly, if circumstances were reversed!

For me, the enjoyment of the experience is to a large degree predicated on the making out part, so if it is not available because of illness on either side, it is FAR more preferable to postpone, andthen be able to really enjoy the time when it does come.

Good topic!

Hands spread bugs way more than anything else.

You may actually not be sick, but you are still bringing along something extra.

If I was an SP, I would point them to the sink as soon as they walked in the door. If they gave me a "what for" look, I'd say, "No washy hands, No touchy me". (and your mileage starts from there)

• Like 1

Absolutely. If you're not well, then engaging in an intimate encounter just isn't wise.

And I must confess to a warm fuzzy feeling about how sensible everyone seems to be about this. It just makes me feel better about everything. Kudos, all!

Sophia, given that viral particles are transmitted in the air, simply having someone in the same close space with you, even if you are not kissing, would still result in you being exposed to the bug. The only way to ensure dodging it would be to stop seeing clients during the peak flu season and staying away from places children and people congregate e.g. shopping plaza's, schools, clinics, grocery stores, liquor store etc etc. Yes, kissing someone with an active flu or regular cold enhances the risk of contagion. If you have not previously been inoculated or have had the bug earlier

The most recent Canadian data suggests we are on the tailing end of the flu season;

During week 10 (march 6-10), "the national Influenca Like Illness consultation rate was 25.3 consultations per 1,000 patient visits, which is a decrease from 37.4 in week 09 and slightly below the expected rate for this time of year . Children under 5 years of age had the highest consultation rates (52.2 per 1,000 consultations in week 10) followed by children between 5 and 19 years old (49.2 per 1,000).

So welcome to the world of GFE, it has its challenges and rewards for both the ladies and the gents.

• Like 1

I always carry hand sanitizer in the car, and use daily and sometimes a lot it really helps. Knock on wood, have not been sick at all this year or past fall.Mouth wash,fresh breath will help the lady's decision about the service allowed or not. My breath is always fresh, I carry mouth wash in the car too ;) a little fresh piece of gum to chew before the date.

The enjoyment of kissing or DFK is a must for me during a visit, it really turns my crank :) If she is ill,or if I'm ill I would greatly appreciate the pass on the date.

If there is no kissing or DFK and I know ahead of time through chatting of likes and dislikes and she does not offer it, it is a good bet I will not visit.

I agree with cancelling an appointment when one is feeling ill. So long as this is not used as an excuse to skip an appointment.

I would caution, from personal experience, that if one chooses to not kiss then please ensure an effort is made to make the client feel as though you are mentally present. I'm not sure how else to describe it; however, I find it an extreme turn off to spend time (and to a lesser extent for me, money) and not be able to kiss, nor have my partner look at me.

It's a simple thing in my mind. Oft times though it is over-looked and I'm left feeling a little wanton!

ShaZam!

To kiss or not to kiss, that is the question.

This is a very personal activity, and so if it happens on a first date it's fairly minor in the scheme of things. As far as the SP is concerned, if she maintaines a healthy lifestyle (nutrition, rest and being clean she should be OK). Obviously, avoding partners that have sniffles or a cold is important.i

It's unusual for health care profressionals to get sick by all the infections they are exposured to because thase exposures build imunity. So, as long as you have a healthy immune sytem you will tend to be un affected

Don't stop kissing but be selective, it should be something that you reserve and you can both enjoy as you develop a regular relationship.

No anti bacterial mouthwash has has not proven to be an effective deterrent. The common cold and the "flu" caused by avirus not a bacterium. Thus antibacterial agents are not helpful.

I play occasionally, but like some others, hold kissing and DFK as essential ingredients for a sensual encounter.

Edited by suburb1
needed to edit mouthwash

Hands spread bugs way more than anything else.

You may actually not be sick, but you are still bringing along something extra.

If I was an SP, I would point them to the sink as soon as they walked in the door. If they gave me a "what for" look, I'd say, "No washy hands, No touchy me". (and your mileage starts from there)

This seems like a fair approach as well as showing up healthy. Kissing is so important to me, with all the sensuality it implies, that I'd rather cancel an appointment than do without it.

No anti bacterial mouthwash has has not proven to be an effective deterrent.

Never said it was, just commented that it is good to have before a date ;)

PP.. you are correct. Did not mean to have it appear i was disagreeing with you. I am totally in agreement, its good to have before visiting.

...and one more question to put out there, does antibacterial mouthwash cut your risk down during the flu season?

PP. I was simply answering Sophia's question whether it does anything for cold prevention. :)

Edited by suburb1
adding quotation

Thanks Pistolpete and Suburb1, I appreciate your information for sure! I always offer hand sanitizer before and after I am with someone, it is just good practice! You cant avoid getting sick all the time either, it is how we build resistance. This discussion was brought to the board to express my disapproval with people who are arriving at my door sick. Thank fully I have been taking my vitamin c, and have echinacea ( immune support) and when I thought that I was coming down with something I would take it. It did work for me, but then I got a terrible flu. I felt it come on like a ton of bricks. A few days later I was speaking to someone whom I has spent time with just the day before, and without them noticing they admitted that they had the flu just a few day's ago! I told him how inconsiderate this was, and did he not know you are contagious for up to 4days! We have a responsibility to each other to control the spread of these awful virus's and to look after our health.