I've been reading some reviews of a provider on a different website, and they allow you to post rates over there. Out of the few people who did post an hourly rate it varied wildly by ~120$.

They were all good reviews, but the practice of charging different clients different rates is somewhat of a turnoff. It implies that she is willing to negotiate...extensively, even though the word around here seems to be that it's disrespectful to try and negotiate rates. Apparently not disrespectful enough to turn those clients away.

I could see some evidence for these reviewers just trolling, but why post a good review only to lie about the rate? Would it be disrespectful to let the provider know that I know of the rates she has offered others, or is it better just to walk away?

Additional Comments:

Hmm, nevermind. I guess it could have been some sort of holiday special rate as well.

Simple, when you call, just say you are contacting her after seeing the ad on ABC which quotes her rate at $xx as and let her respond.

• Like 3

Maybe just... ask her? They could be from a special, the guys could be lying... etc. It's likely not some slight against clients that don't negotiate.

• Like 3

Or they are grandfathered? I still have some regulars from my beginning ,if they were to say the rate people would wonder...

First and foremost, the rate she is advertising now is what should be put in the envelope without any conversation. It doesn't matter what others pay, paying her posted fee is the ethical thing to do. Contacting her to discuss why she discounted her rate to others without knowing her or the situation is beyond inappropriate. She is not obligated to explain her business to anyone but CRA and her bank.

Many providers start out in the industry not understanding how to set their prices or fall prey to the organized price vultures that descend on new providers telling them their rates are too high for someone new/safe/young/old/purple or whatever issue the troll behind the keyboard identifies as a potential weakness. When I started in Ottawa, I received a huge number of emails from seemingly different people demanding I give them a discount for various reasons. Some days, those emails made up well over 50% of my inquires and it went on for several months. They assumed I was new to the industry because I came from the US. Later, I discovered there were actually only 6 men behind this email campaign. It was their mission to get me to lower my rates. A new provider will often fall prey to such tactics and sometimes even established providers can as well.

Grandfathered rates are the norm in the industry so that could be a factor. The other potential is a financial crisis in her life where she needed to generate funds quicker than usual. She may not have advertised a lower rate but if she felt a client wasn't going to book without a deal, she would do what she needed to do to ensure the cash flow. The thing to remember is that while the reviewers may have enjoyed themselves, there were aspects of the appointment she stripped out that they were simply to obtuse to notice. The one thing that goes thru every providers mind when she is servicing a haggler is a visceral distain within that ranges from mildly annoyed to grossly repulsed. The emotion fills us and stays present not only during the entire appointment but for ever after with a client. Every time he contacts us, that emotion wells up and sits present during every aspect of future encounters. It never goes away and while she may be tolerant because he is a safe, reliable client; the initial haggle leaves a permanent bitter taste in her mouth that out sours a mouthful of spermacidal lubricant.

My gentle suggestion would be to simply ignore what others have said about her rates. If her service is positively reviewed, pay the rate on her ad and enjoy. The more clients she gets like you, the faster she can fire the ones who either took advantage of her or treats the intimate services she provides like a commodity. Either way, rest assured she's biding her time till she can safely fire them. I'd put money on it...

smiles, cat

• Like 7

Omg cat. THE best post ever. You succinctly described the thoughts and emotions we all go through! I think I love you!

Additional Comments:

Omg cat. THE best post ever. You succinctly described the thoughts and emotions we all go through! I think I love you!

From my personal experience, rate posted on provider's website is not always the rate charged by provider when I book an appointment. When I ask about donation for booking in the morning for example, I get sometimes lower rate that posted on provider's website.

The other situation, when in response to my rate request I get the question how did I find this sp. If I mention website, rate is exactly as posted there. But if I came from BP or TERB ad, rate can be 50 bucks less then posted on website.

I don't want to say that this is common practice, not of course, but it happens.

Below is copy from one current ad on TERB:

1H - TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE - $400 (Terb $350)INCALL SPECIAL

2H - BUILDING A MYSTERY - $800 (Terb $700)INCALL SPECIAL