Dog's vs Cat's

My family has had a lot of animals in the past 15 years. My daughter is an animal lover and my wife can't say no.

We've had dogs, cats, reptiles, snakes, skinks, fish, hedgehogs, rabbits, quails, tarantua, scorpians, frogs, turtles and now horses lol.

Most of the women I've met have a dog or two as pets, some of them travel with them when they are on the road. I currently have 2 dogs and 2 cats.

Dogs are more fun and demanding to take care off. But they are loyal and loving. Cat's are easy to take care off but are independent and will come to you when they want. Not when you want lol.

Just wanted to see if the majority of men and women here have dogs or/and cats. Why they chose a dog or cat as their companion of choice.

and any funny pet stories you have to tell?

I know that there are many Pet luver's here as just about

every woman I've met has a dog, and not many have cats.

1 playful and loving dog (white husky) and 4 very smart cats (all rescues).

When the male cat is out, he runs around the tree where To-Go (my dog) is tied in a way he has only 3-4 feet of chain. The way is then free, so ''Citrouille (pumpkin)'' can rest in the doghouse without being bothered. (lol)

My other 3 cats are playing soccer goalies, TAG!, and hide and seek...

• Like 1

Guest n*gu**6

I have an allergy to cats which is why I don't have any. I'm more of a dog person myself. Have a very raucous boxer puppy right now. Lost both of my other boxers last summer within 8wks of each other.

I have a dog. He is a sweetheart. I very rarely allow clients to meet my dog. For privacy.

I've had gerbils and birds.

I am allergic to cats.

• Like 1

Guest N***he**Ont**y

I have a dog named Pepper. RG's cat Nabob and my dog Pepper have clashed from time to time on Twitter. Yes they both have Twitter accounts! Sometimes the cartoons and pictures and discussions are quite comical too!

My friend has 2 nice dog named Timex and Rolex, they are watch dogs....get it. I have 1 male cat and he can be very sweet or very independent.

• Like 3

I Have two Siamese cats and one Tonkinese. All own me and are the center of the house. This is a breed of cat that demands love and attention and they will come when called. For treats they will all sit on command until I stop giving .

They wait for me at the door when I come home and are just as friendly as a dog except I don't have to walk them. :biggrin: The oldest one even likes to be vacuumed!

• Like 4

I have a dog - a bully breed - smart as a whip. Full of energy and loves everyone. Can be a bit hyper when meeting new people. Was my co-pilot on my trip across the country last summer. I got her when she was 8 weeks with the intention of finding her a home, as she was in a bad situation. Here I am 2.5 years later, and she's still with me. Its been a struggle finding a place that accepts dogs here - if she was a small dog, it wouldn't be a problem, but she's 60 pounds, so over the weight restrictions for most places here.

I used to have cats - I miss having a cat. However, not sure yet if I want another cat who needs a home. I'm torn - so unless someone presents themselves, I am holding off for now.

I've owned many types of dogs over the years. I love them, but sometimes I wish I only had a cat - so much easier then dogs.

• Like 3

Love both and have lived with both since infancy. My last pooch was my life and broke my heart. Haven't ventured to another since his passing in 05. Been down the rat trail of late. They are a very small cross between a dog and a cat personality wise! Unfortunately they break your heart much quicker although I had one live 6.5yrs!

• Like 1

Guest p**sg**d

Have shared a home with one of each for most of the past 30 years (now on dog #4 and cat #3). Even with practice it's very hard to say goodbye to these wonderful friends.

... The oldest one even likes to be vacuumed!

All of ours run and hide like it's an all out zombie apocalypse when they see Mr. Vacuum cleaner coming :)

• Like 1

All of ours run and hide like it's an all out . zombie apocalypse when they see Mr. Vacuum cleaner coming :)

Get them used to the vacuum. All three here get vacuumed daily . Cleanliness is close to Godliness! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

• Like 2

Guest *Ste***cque**

While defending his cat, Mr. Jinx, Jack Byrnes says to Greg Fokker in Meet the Parents "dogs are the whores of the animal kingdom". :) Loved that line!

That about sums up my feelings too. Cats +++

p.s. I use the term "whore" in the nicest possible way. :)

3 dogs here - all rescues including one from Canada's most infamous puppy mill. I do notice 90% of my FB friends have dogs even though many of my friends share a common musical artist interest, although I have a lot of friends from the dog rescue world

I don't consciously friend people with dogs but that is often the case even though I find they have dogs years after.

I would however, never be friends with someone who didn't like animals though

• Like 2

Team cats!

My kitty mauls me at the door. Is super chatty and affectionate- sometimes too affectionate.

I like how I can leave for work and school and never have to worry about my furniture or shoes being destroyed, or a mess to clean up.

Kitty puuurs are the most soothing thing ever. Mmmmm.

• Like 2

Get them used to the vacuum. All three here get vacuumed daily . Cleanliness is close to Godliness! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I wish I could but Mr. Vacuum cleaner makes too loud a noise. Even their natural curiosity isn't enough to overcome the instinct to run and hide from such a loud evil robot machine who's exact purpose is unknown.

I think their very sensitive hearing plays a major role. They can hear the lid of a can of cat food being removed from several miles away (or at least from the opposite end of the house, 3 stories away) :)

So I have a soft hair brush and they love that treatment.

• Like 3

The love of my life my Pomapoo Charlie. I tweet his pics all the time. Lol every morning he brings me his leash and one of my boots. Once he actually brought me both of them. Lmao he's adorable. I also have 2 cats I inherited until my son finds an apartment that lets him have pets. Last but not least Poncho a love bird. I love animals but as far as pets go -dogs all the way.

• Like 2

It seems like its almost a tie. Dogs vs Cats or both. No real clear winner. But just the love of animals. Nothing better then cuddling up with your pet. Any other stories?

• Like 1

I'm fostering 2 Shih Tzu's. The lady is living in a temporary place that does not allow pets. The girl is a meet and greet dog - goes up to anyone and will get in anyones car. She's like a velcro dog. However, get near her food or treat, she becomes this vicious snarling biting machine - however, she doesn't actually bite - just pretends shes going to bite you.

The boy will sit on his back legs and beg with his 2 paws for food. Laid back guy who is stand offish at first, but once I saw him do his little begging routine, I was in love. He broke his foot as a puppy, so pretends he can't jump up on the bed, but really can.

My big bully breed is a big marshmallow. Loves everyone - dogs, cats, even birds - but will run away if they bark back at her. However, she is so goofy in the car when she sees other dogs - barks like a vicious dog, but just thinks this is the way to say hi.

I miss my cats though. One day, one will enter my life, and I will again have a zoo.

Cats don't have owners, they have staff. This is so true! I've grown up with 3 dogs in my life but also grew up on a big property with a lot of cats from litters.

They all have their own little personality and they're sooo smart! I have a cat who lives with my ex because he is an outdoor cat but he is smart as a whip. I also taught him to give a paw for a treat just like a dog does. He is feisty but cuddly and while he is a largely built cat, he is still able to run and climb trees. He is so cute!

Because he is a tabby cat, I once dressed him up for halloween as Puss n' Boots. He had the cape, the hat and the little booties on. I was keeping him inside on display until I opened the door for some kids wanting candy and as I turned by back for a quick moment, he flew out of the house in that costume.

Since he is an outdoor cat, he did not come home until the next morning and when he showed up, the cape was mangled around his neck, a boot was missing and the hat was gone. lol.. I can only imagine someone driving down the street and seeing an orange cat leap into action with a cape on. LMAO!

• Like 3

Seems like Dogs have a slight lead over cats and many owners have both. Dogs are more loyal and loving but need more care. Cat's are more independent and seem to come to you when they want to be fed. If you have a busy life style a cat is easier to look after. You can't be away long from your place very long if you have a dog.

We have two dogs and two cats in our household and for a long time the cat's seem to tolerate us. But recently the two of them come over and want me to pet them. Sometimes they will even sit in my lap to be petted. They seem to like to get attention now after ignoring us for years lol.

My friend has 2 nice dog named Timex and Rolex, they are watch dogs....get it. I have 1 male cat and he can be very sweet or very independent.

LOL awesome names for dogs! Too cute.

What kind of dogs are they?

I'm a dog fan.. cats not so much.. But maybe it's because I'm super allergic to cats. I love golden retrievers and cavalier king charles spaniel.

Dog lover forever! Eventually when I'm not touring as much and I move out of this apartment, I'd love to get a dog! I just don't feel its fair getting a dog now and leaving him at home with different dog sitters while I'm out touring.. Plus no backyard for him/her which is also unfair!

Soon enough :D

• Like 2