Possible Consequences?

Guest M***s

Just curious what the legal consequences might be from a John's perspective if they were somehow caught in the act? If it were say a first time offense?

I don't know.... I have offended so many times I can't count.... but then I only visit lyla ladies so I doubt I'll be caught 'in the act'!!!

• Like 4

How long is a piece of string? Probably depends on which police force in involved, what their policies are, and what he was doing at the time and who with.

If you're seeing a consenting adult the chances of getting caught are vanishingly small. As soon as you start to involve anyone who's unwilling or coerced, or underage, then the chances of getting caught go up (because that's what the police tend to focus on, for obvious reasons) and I'd imagine the consequences would, too.

• Like 4

Guest M***s

Thanks Meaghan, that is what I thought. i would never dream of soliciting anyone on the street (for the very reasons you've mentioned).

I appreciate all of your advice and I'll be sure to follow it to the letter :)

thanks meaghan.

I was wondering if you could elaborate on why outsiders are being watched. Say like we agree on a date by discussing whats that considered?

I am mainly into fetish type experiences like feet worship like would that cause alarm or anything like that?

Adam, I think "outsiders" should be outside workers. The sterotypical woman standing on the corner.

If the discussion involves any private part of our body that generally cannot be displayed in public - I would say no. However, as a society, we have no problems with someone having no shoes on outside, so discussions about feet would be ok.

Does that make sense?

• Like 1

If you're seeing a consenting adult the chances of getting caught are vanishingly small. As soon as you start to involve anyone who's unwilling or coerced, or underage, then the chances of getting caught go up (because that's what the police tend to focus on, for obvious reasons) and I'd imagine the consequences would, too.

And many police departments have acknowledged this i.e. the long statement from Toronto police that there will be no changes in enforcement and based on harm reduction such as underage or forced. As I recall, Victoria and Montreal PD had similar statements when C36 came out.

A few cities are more strict but not the larger ones, except maybe Edmonton. My main focus is just Toronto/Mississauga area.

Vancouver has a no sting no enforcement policy, that comes from police and city hall. They will investigate trafficking and underage reports obviously tho.

Winnipeg seems to be the absolute worst, along with St. Johns, NFLD maybe? but Winnipeg for sure. i am not sure what they are doing with the adult licensing in Saskatchewan, whichever city it is dancers and visitors may be having issues, but at least those are 'pay the fee' issues, versus total shutdowns like Winnipeg.

Actually I meant Vancouver as foutunateone noted. Victoria has always been great with agency incalls on the main street downtown and for a decade police only make sure over 18. The incalls use to be in Saanich until the Sheriff warned them they needed to move and then Victoria seemed to welcome them.