Howto: Posting pictures into an Album

Purpose

This Howto describes how to post pictures into an album.

Prerequisite

There are certain prerequisites that you should be aware of before posting your album.

There is a file size of 97.7KB per picture. The maximum dimensions is 600 pixels width and 600 pixels height.

Note that pictures from a digital camera would far exceed this limit. Although the system will attempt to resize any pictures to fit these criteria it might be best to manually do this for better results.

Description

Pictures represent one of the frequently requested items from a Service Provider. Also pictures in the album cycle through the Front page under the Random Album Pictures section.

From the Front Page click on your name above the Status Information. This will bring you to your profile.

album1.jpg

Click on the Add Albums marked (1) in the screenshot above.

With a new album there are several fields you will need to fill in.

album2.jpg

1. Title.

Set a title for this album. Since you may have multiple albums a meaningful title helps.

Public titles will appear in the Random Album Pictures.

2. Description.

A description for this album. This field is optional and can be left blank.

3. Album type.

There are 3 album types. A public album is viewable by everyone and will appear in the Random Album Pictures.

This is the most common Service Provider album type. Hobbiest may not have public albums.

Private album is viewable only by contacts and mod. A Service Provider may choose to set some or all their albums to private for privacy sake.

Profile album stores pictures that can later be use to modify or augment your profile.

Once you have filled in the various information above click the button, marked (4) to create the new album.

EmmaA has graciously allowed to use her album as an example of how the Title and Description would appear in the finish album. This example is shown below.

album3.jpg

Now you are ready to upload your pictures.

album4.jpg

5. Upload Pictures.

Clicking on any of these links will start the process for uploading your pictures.

• Like 2

Uploading pictures occur in the Upload Picture page. Although it only allows you to upload 3 pictures at a time you can continue adding more pictures into the same album.

album5.jpg

6. Picture to upload.

Click on the Browse... button to find your picture on your computer for upload.

7. Picture prerequisite.

This section basically indicates the prerequisite for each picture. These were listed earlier.

8. General instructions and warning.

Read This!

Once you have browsed for your pictures click on the Upload Picture button marked (9).

This will bring you to the Edit Pictures page where you can put in a more descriptive caption. By default the name of the picture is use as the caption.

album6.jpg

Once you are done modifying the caption or choose to use the default click on Save Changes marked (10) and you are done!

Repeat Step 5 to add more pictures.

• Like 2

Have already uploaded 2 albums...have been trying to upload new pics with no luck as I do not have the option given to me to upload????? Upload page does not show at all.....I can create an album, name it, describe it but CANT upload...been trying for 3 days now, does anyone else have this problem???

thanks in advance,

Frustrated, Busty Vanessa..:roll:

• Like 1

General Member accounts only have 25 photo spots (Your spots are all full) - Verified Service Provider accounts have 100 photo spots plus you gain access to the SP ONLY area with the bad date info. PM me for info on how to do this if interested.

Can you help out? Aella

Additional Comments:

1)I will be more specific, at the bottom left of my screen it says "error on page" when I click the attachment link when attempting to attach a picture when posting a thread.

2) I have been posting threads anyway, but my profile pic does not show up next to my name. What Can I do on my end to fix this?

Happy Canada Day

Aella

Guest W***ledi*Time
Can you help out? Aella

Additional Comments:

1)I will be more specific, at the bottom left of my screen it says "error on page" when I click the attachment link when attempting to attach a picture when posting a thread.

2) I have been posting threads anyway, but my profile pic does not show up next to my name. What Can I do on my end to fix this?

Happy Canada Day

Aella

The picture that shows up next to your name on posts is not your "Profile Picture". It is your Avatar - set it up in the "Edit Avatar" section of your "User CP".

Not sure what the picture-within-the-post problem is. An alternative method of inserting an image within the body of your post is to type (at the position where you wish the image to display) "", then insert the url of the image you wish to post, then type ""

Purpose

Prerequisite

There are certain prerequisites that you should be aware of before posting your album.

There is a file size of 97.7KB per picture. The maximum dimensions is 600 pixels width and 600 pixels height.

Note that pictures from a digital camera would far exceed this limit. Although the system will attempt to resize any pictures to fit these criteria it might be best to manually do this for better results.

Description

Pictures represent one of the frequently requested items from a Service Provider. Also pictures in the album cycle through the Front page under the Random Album Pictures section.

From the Front Page click on your name above the Status Information. This will bring you to your profile.

album1.jpg

album2.jpg

1. Title.

Set a title for this album. Since you may have multiple albums a meaningful title helps.

2. Description.

3. Album type.

There are 3 album types. A public album is viewable by everyone and will appear in the Random Album Pictures.

This is the most common Service Provider album type. Hobbiest may not have public albums.

Private album is viewable only by contacts and mod. A Service Provider may choose to set some or all their albums to private for privacy sake.

Profile album stores pictures that can later be use to modify or augment your profile.

Once you have filled in the various information above click the button, marked (4) to create the new album.

EmmaA has graciously allowed to use her album as an example of how the Title and Description would appear in the finish album. This example is shown below.

album3.jpg

album4.jpg

5. Upload Pictures.

Clicking on any of these links will start the process for uploading your pictures.

Hey,

How do I change my profile picture :)

Thank you for posting thid guide. I need all the help I can fet on this site. I love the fact that the girls are all looking out for each other!!

Purpose

Prerequisite

Description

album1.jpg

album2.jpg

1. Title.

2. Description.

3. Album type.

album3.jpg

album4.jpg

5. Upload Pictures.

This may seem like an obvious question but spare me Im new... How do I change my profile picture to be one of me and not a question mark? :)

I replied to this already... In your usercp area upload a photo avatar

This may seem like an obvious question but spare me Im new... How do I change my profile picture to be one of me and not a question mark? :)

Depends whether you're actually talking about your profile pic (the one at the top of your profile page) or your avatar (which appears on every post you make).

For the avatar:

• [--]Go to "User CP" (top-left of the page)

• [--]"Edit Avatar" (under Setting and Options in the menu on the left)
    [--]And then either provide the URL or an image online, or upload one from your machine. Pay attention tothe size restrictions or it won't work (The maximum size of your custom image is 80 by 80 pixels or 97.7 KB (whichever is smaller).

For the profile pic:

• [--]From the User CP, choose "Edit Profile Picture" (under "Your Profile")
    [--]Again, supply an URL or upload a pic from your machine
    [--]And, again, pay attention to the size restrictions. This one can be bigger than the avatar: The maximum size of your custom image is 468 by 200 pixels or 259.3 KB (whichever is smaller).

• Like 1

I have made an album, named it, uploaded my pics. When i open my profile i can see my albums and pics. But others can not see my pics and album. I have also selected for my pics to be visible to everyone, so my question is what else can i do and has anyone else had this problem? Get back to me please. Thanx

I have made an album, named it, uploaded my pics. When i open my profile i can see my albums and pics. But others can not see my pics and album. I have also selected for my pics to be visible to everyone, so my question is what else can i do and has anyone else had this problem? Get back to me please. Thanx

Hi Honey, you had your album set to "Profile" and not "Public" the profile album is for photos only for your profile ( This page: http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/member.php?u=91293 )

Your album is now available publicly here: http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/album.php?albumid=8099 where everyone can now see it.

Is it required that we post a photo?

Hi Bee, welcome.

There's a few things around here you can't do, but very little that you have to do! So no, while at some point you may want to upload an avatar (a little symbol or picture that shows up in your posts next to your name when you're no longer new -- you can do this from the "User CP" tab) it's in no way a requirement to upload or share photos.

Public albums and profile photos are permitted... Just not public albums... And you must own the copyright on any photo you upload

Guest *l**e

I uploaded pics to a private album a day or so ago and they are now "moderated"...I'm guessing this means they need to be approved by a mod. Does anyone know about how many days this takes?

Just curious.

thanks in advance

Usually up to 24 hours but longer on weekends and holidays.