new prostitution bill

I really don't get it guys. How is this going to affect people who want to buy sex?

• Like 1

Guest Miss Jane TG

It is the Supreme Court who made the first mistake. To allow an unconstitutional law to be in effect for one year! This meant that the Supreme Court was convinced that harm will be incurred if no laws were there at all.

I have said it long time ago, for the record, that it is going to be a Nordic Model. And now I say it again for the record, that there is a "high" chance that this bill will be adopted in its entirety.

According to one of my regular who has connections where needed that should be in effect sometimes in December so gentlemen find yourselves a few regulars until then and ladies change places where U host and greet your clients so these clients cannot be picked up anywhere. And then stop advertising (I know that sucks...). Really build a clientèle and U and the gentlemen should be ok ...

I know I don't say or know much but that's what this regular told me this am before the bill was tabled.

If and when I find out more I will share Cerbites.

Barbara

xxxxooo

Additional Comments:

According to one of my regular who has connections where needed that should be in effect sometimes in December so gentlemen find yourselves a few regulars until then and ladies change places where U host and greet your clients so these clients cannot be picked up anywhere. And then stop advertising (I know that sucks...). Really build a clientèle and U and the gentlemen should be ok ...

I know I don't say or know much but that's what this regular told me this am before the bill was tabled.

If and when I find out more I will share Cerbites.

Barbara

xxxxooo

• Like 3

In part they're playing to their 'core constituency' of social conservatives but this could have very serious and broad implications. I agree that most Canadians don't share these self -righteous puritanical attitudes, but that hasn't stopped this gang before. The law, if it passes, may well be struck down by the Supreme Court, but not before causing a lot of problems.

• Like 4

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Canadian Law cannot be applied to Sites that are hosted elsewhere for content.That would include advertising.

So true to advertising sites that are located elsewhere in the world (that cater to Canadian clientele and SP's). And just as a precaution, inquire if your fave Companion has a mailing list on her/his website. It would be a good idea to keep in mind for any future wrinkles that might result from this new 'pending' bill.

Jas xo

Edited by Jasleen Sejour
  • Like 1

Guest Miss Jane TG
Canadian Law cannot be applied to Sites that are hosted elsewhere for content.That would include advertising.

Unfortunately, it can. All offshore websites have to cooperate with local authorities, if there is a court order. They can release all the information: IP addresses, credit cards info etc.

Because the advertisement relates to an activity (criminal offence) in Canada.

No advertising? No communicating anywhere? Purchasing illegal without exception?

Am I reading this wrong?

I expect there will be changes before it becomes law but will be surprised if they are more than superficial.

The integrists of the conservative party have gone to the limit of their fanatism.

Maybe they should bring back the Inquisition where they burned the witches and the fornicators.

• Like 7

Guest L**gh M****e

Immunity from Prosecution (C-36 Bill) Sections 286.5 Reads: No persons shall be prosecuted for: an offence under section 286.2 if the benefit is derived from the provisions of their own sexual services; or (b) an offence under section 286.4 in the relation to advertisement of sexual services.

(2) No persons shall be prosecuted for aiding, abetting, conspiring or attempting to commit an offence under section 286.1, 286.4 or being an accessory after the fact or counselling a person to be a party to such an offence, if the offence relating to the offering or provision of their own sexual services.

Unfortunately, it can. All offshore websites have to cooperate with local authorities, if there is a court order. They can release all the information: IP addresses, credit cards info etc.

Because the advertisement relates to an activity (criminal offence) in Canada.

Absolutely true. The foreign host may choose not to cooperate, but most will cough up personal information when pressed by legal authorities in their own countries. The targets are the advertisers offering service in Canada, not the server physically located in Canada.

CERB will be illegal. The sponsors/advertisers which help to cover site costs will be illegal. They pretty much went for the jugular. This is an attempt to wipe out the industry.

• Like 1

there is a "high" chance that this bill will be adopted in its entirety.

The Tories have a majority and will vote as a block so...100% chance.

• Like 1

Guest Ou**or**n

I was pessimistic about the law but I must admit I am staggered by its scope. It would have been one thing to manage criminalization of buyers but the wholesale ban on advertising and the broader laws against 'profiting' will end many aspects of the industry as we currently know it.

It will also likely be the end of CERB and all other boards here in Canada.

This is going to take time to sink in.

Guest C*****tte

If this passes independents will not be criminalized for advertising. But where to advertise will be the question.

286.5 (1) No person shall be prosecuted for (a) an offence under section 286.2 if the

benefit is derived from the provision of their own sexual services; or

(b) an offence under section 286.4 in rela- tion to the advertisement of their own sexual services.