I'm curious... for what possible reasons a provider will change her name?

I understand when it is made to avoid certain people (former clients for exemple...), but I see often providers writing "Hi, I'm XWZ, formely ABC...". Any explanations?

I have seen in the past where the lady would have to change her former name because of the location that she works at. Simply because there is already a girl that works at that place with the same name.

I also seen where some ladies changed there name to better suit their work or attract more clients, example formerly Sandra and now Sexy Sandra or another one would be Kim and then Kinky Kim.

I hope I did not use anyone name for the example.

• Like 1

There are numerous reasons to rebrand. Some are safety related, others are just good business. A name is the foundation of ones brand, it imparts a reaction and can be the difference between getting glory hole seekers/baskin-robbins types or genuine, long term bankable clients. The right name can give a provider more confidence and help change her perspective within the industry.

My clients would not be attracted to ads with someone named Cathy; Catherine however, denotes strength of character. An interesting aside, the men who attempt to call me Cathy are always boundary pusher and hagglers. I'm not sure what it means but if I open an email and he starts out trying to call me Cathy, we aren't going to meet because never once has it been a worthy experience for me; even if they are willing to pay my rates.

A solid business name makes establishing your desired business model easier. If an ethical provider is changing her name, there is an aspect of her business that she isn't happy with that elbow grease can't fix. Unethical providers change their name as often as they change their contact information. You can't compare the two, they are different in their entirety.

smiles, cat

• Like 5

I elected to change my name when I left an agency to become an independent provider because I no longer wanted my image and brand to be tied to the agency I had been with.

I also had a website with my previous name in the URL and I had wanted to switch to a new domain host for some time prior. This presented a good opportunity to relaunch my website, which in turn highlighted the option I had to refresh and enhance my online presence.

• Like 1

People change overtime, providers as well. A name is a brand and a brand comes with certain expectations. These expectations can sometimes prevent you from going forward and continue your growth.

I think that can describe some providers need for a new name. Plus the identification to a different name can have a different impact emotionally on the providers as much as on the guests.

• Like 1