Are You Chicken?

Unfortunately us guys are not too good at looking after our own health... good point Cinelli thanks for the reminder.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting. I don't want my death certificate to read "died of embarrassment" or "discomfort". Get the procedure done. Anything pops up, deal with it... then look forward to a future with grandkids and their ballet recitals... :-)

CM

Guest a**4*

I get it done- it is what it is I worked with two guys that would not get checked now they are not here anymore so much for tough guy it is better to know than not know at least you have a chance

I remember having one done the year after my wife died. I didn't have anyone with me so no medication, sans Demerol, unpleasant but still not that bad.

After having had this procedure done before, I could say that there's no pain involved at all. The only pains in the butt ( pun intended! ;) ) are the prep. you need to take beforehand. They are called Peglyte solution and Bisacodyl tablets and they are meant to thoroughly clean your system before the actual colonoscopy.

Get this done, it may save your life! It usually is recommended every 5 years or so anyway.

Guest Lep*******1**7

I have had a couple of colonoscopies over the past decade or so. My Dad had colon cancer in his early 80's and it was no cup of tea going through a major operation and 6 months of chemo. He is fine now, but had he had an earlier colonoscopy, he would have avoided a 'near death' experience.

From my experience, a colonoscopy is a routine procedure with minor discomfort at the most. With the preparation you have to stop eating a while before and drink a not very tasteful beverage. The C. takes no more than 5 minutes and does feel a bit weird, but is not painful at all.

I would suggest a colonoscopy every 5 years for all men over 50.

I've had two colonoscopies so far, one with no anaesthetic, and it wasn't painful. just discomfort for about 5 to 10 minutes. The next time I went to sleep. but the recovery took several hours and felt sleep and groggy most of the afternoon. I think next time I would rather suffer the 10 minutes of discomfort, it isn't too bad. just like bad stomach cramps.

The prep however, you got to stay near a toilet while ou are drinking the solution.

Makes you feel clean and empty. Plus you lose a few pounds in the process :)

My father died of colon cancer also. So I get tested every 5 years also.

• Like 1

I've had two colonoscopies so far, one with no anaesthetic, and it wasn't painful. just discomfort for about 5 to 10 minutes. The next time I went to sleep. but the recovery took several hours and felt sleep and groggy most of the afternoon. I think next time I would rather suffer the 10 minutes of discomfort, it isn't too bad. just like bad stomach cramps.

The prep however, you got to stay near a toilet while ou are drinking the solution.

Makes you feel clean and empty. Plus you lose a few pounds in the process :)

My father died of colon cancer also. So I get tested every 5 years also.

Agreed my Dad died from colon cancer so I had my first a couple of years ago. The only discomfort was the prep. Suck it up Gents and do it!

Izzy

Did the colonoscopy thing. Found out I was squeaky clean and pink.

Did the DRE (digital exam) and PSA tests every year so my doc had a point of reference when he felt something different. Caught the pro state cancer early.

Guys... This stuff is serious and tragically preventable. Get your a s s in the game!

Guest N***he**Ont**y

I had this procedure last Sept and they did find something that was removed.

"GIT ER DONE" guys!

If women can face down the Pear of Anguish every time they need to get their lady-parts checked out, I think men can handle a little snake up the bum. And you guys get drugged to make it more comfortable!

Your health is not a joke. Get checked!

• Like 2

Good day, had some concerns, back from the urologist a few hours ago and with a clean bill of health.

An interesting unscientific stat.

The woman who attends to my hair says that since January, when I told her I had p r o s t a t e cancer, another six male customers have told her they have p r o s t a t e or colon cancer.

Pretty freaky considering the sample size.

I've been getting both my prostate and colon checked since my late thirties. My uncle passed away from prostate cancer and three of my friends who were not much older than myself passed away from colon cancer.

Get checked on a regular basis, it could save your life!