A forum for health, hygiene and wellness?

Good evening everyone,

First, I want to add my voice to what a great community cerb is. I know I'm not the only person who would feel lost without logging in to see what's new.

I am especially impressed by the extroverts in the community, like Cato, who post regularly and help engage the rest of us. We don't have to agree with what everyone posts, but by and large we are respectful toward each other. THAT, and discretion and privacy really helps raise the comfort level of being here -- which brings me to a question:

Do you believe we could benefit from a specific forum for health, hygiene and wellness matters? I've noticed these things discussed on cerb now and again, and was thinking that if there is a specific forum for legal type things, why not "HHW"?

'Seems to me a good fit, and a good way to share info, maybe even help dispel myths precisely because of the respect, discretion and privacy provided through cerb. Let's face it, these things are already difficult to bring up even with our own doctor (if you're lucky enough to have one, that is. Hey! That could belong in an HHW forum!)

What do you all think? (I'd start a poll on this if I knew how. Fact is, I'm kinda challenged by I/T...)

The SP only section has a forum for health questions, so I don't see why not.

I just had an HIV risk presentation in one of my classes and it was really illuminating.

Guest S***e

Being well-informed and educated in all respects in the context of this site will benefit everyone in my view. Information sources must be credible, however.

It'd be interesting. I agree with spike, information sources must be credible. It would be a good starting point, keeping in mind that any diagnosis and treatment should be left to health professionals.

Guest S***e

Absolutely. Best to leave all that to qualified healthcare providers.

It would be a good starting point, keeping in mind that any diagnosis and treatment should be left to health professionals.

I think this is a great idea, but has to be done with care. When my wife had cancer, my physician advised me that I could get a great deal of information on the web, but also that there was also the certainty that I would also get lots of inaccurate facts at the same time. It was really important to be able to seperate the wheat from the chafe.

There is great value in having a centalized point to accumulate information regarding sexual health issues, but also it has to in some way be regulating so that myth and false facts are somehow identified and removed.

As already commented this would not be a forum for bringing your medical problems (got a dose, go see the doctor) as there are professionals to take care of you.

Guest S***e

I'm sorry to hear about your wife Boomer and I sincerely hope that she now well. I agree there is a lot of information on the web concerning various health issues and one has to be very cautious as to the validity of it all. Prevention is always best along with a good dose of common sense and making informed/intelligent choices in all this. People should always be proactive in their own health and well-being.

I think this is a great idea, but has to be done with care. When my wife had cancer, my physician advised me that I could get a great deal of information on the web, but also that there was also the certainty that I would also get lots of inaccurate facts at the same time. It was really important to be able to seperate the wheat from the chafe.

There is great value in having a centalized point to accumulate information regarding sexual health issues, but also it has to in some way be regulating so that myth and false facts are somehow identified and removed.

As already commented this would not be a forum for bringing your medical problems (got a dose, go see the doctor) as there are professionals to take care of you.