Clients and excuses when attending a certain type of establishment ?!

Do other dancers ever wonder why some clients use the excuse that they don't want to go for a dance because they are happily married or when they ask you if you have a significant other and whatever your answer may be will be the judgement of their answers ?

Why do clients use those type of excuses? If you are not interested in that specific girl it doesn't hurt to be honest , sure we don't like to get rejected but it's not like your the only client in the building to be honest and even if you are you should still be honest. It's not like dancers don't understand that some people have specifications in what they are looking for when they come to these places.

Why does it matter if a dancer has a boyfriend or a husband ? I mean at the end of the day most men that come to strip clubs are married happily or not. That's one of my most hated excuses.

Why do some clients just come in for a drink and nothing more? Why not go to a regular bar and have a drink? Instead of giving the ladies an impression of interest ?

I know I'm making a lot of new topics but I'm pretty much like "curious george " I feel like I need to know things and learn from them and maybe grow a little.

Criticism and opinions are more then welcome but no foul language please always be polite in your statements.

Dancers are welcome to join discussions as well !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I'm confused by this question, I always thought that going to a SC was to get a fantasy girl dance and tease you and NOT a dating place. Of course I got to know some pretty girls a little better by talking about personal stuff like what city I live in and if I/she was married or in a relationship.

I think some guys do go there for some drinks and can't afford to get a girl to dance for them so they will use any excuses in the book.

I'm sorry you have to put up with some guys like that TDC.

• Like 1

Do other dancers ever wonder why some clients use the excuse that they don't want to go for a dance because they are happily married or when they ask you if you have a significant other and whatever your answer may be will be the judgement of their answers ?

Why do clients use those type of excuses? If you are not interested in that specific girl it doesn't hurt to be honest , sure we don't like to get rejected but it's not like your the only client in the building to be honest and even if you are you should still be honest. It's not like dancers don't understand that some people have specifications in what they are looking for when they come to these places.

Why does it matter if a dancer has a boyfriend or a husband ? I mean at the end of the day most men that come to strip clubs are married happily or not. That's one of my most hated excuses.

Why do some clients just come in for a drink and nothing more? Why not go to a regular bar and have a drink? Instead of giving the ladies an impression of interest ?

I know I'm making a lot of new topics but I'm pretty much like "curious george " I feel like I need to know things and learn from them and maybe grow a little.

Criticism and opinions are more then welcome but no foul language please always be polite in your statements.

Dancers are welcome to join discussions as well !!

I have told girls I am not interested and I told her no several times to some girls, others are respectful.. So I finally told her I was not attracted to her. I am not attracted to heavily perfumed girls or facial or nipple piercings. Or a woman who cakes on the make -up. If I get a girl to dance I prefer light make-up or lightly or no scent. Unfortunately some dancers don't know when to leave a person alone. I go to one club and always see this one girl 1st and sometimes see another after her. she does not get jealous and tells me to enjoy myself.

• Like 2

I have told girls I am not interested and I told her no several times to some girls, others are respectful.. So I finally told her I was not attracted to her. I am not attracted to heavily perfumed girls or facial or nipple piercings. Or a woman who cakes on the make -up. If I get a girl to dance I prefer light make-up or lightly or no scent. Unfortunately some dancers don't know when to leave a person alone. I go to one club and always see this one girl 1st and sometimes see another after her. she does not get jealous and tells me to enjoy myself.

I like hearing that some girls are respectful to the client as should be both ways. Although I understand some girls are aggressive but some clients have said they like the persistence in a girl. Because honestly you never know one day you say no and the next day you might give her a try and you might actually come to realize you like her. Although I always respect the honesty, one day a client walked me all the way upstairs just to then come to terms and say I can't go for a dance with you because you have a lot of spray on even tho I did not but the girl walking by me going downstairs as we were going upstairs literally just finished spraying herself with a ton of strong body spray I was so annoyed to go up there for no reason. Like if I was wearing a scent that strong or too much you would have smelt it right away. So now I never talk to or even look at that client. I have never had such an issue in my whole dance career to be honest. So that was new.

And that's understandable to be honest their are so many girls that are so prettty and don't need to cake on the makeup I don't know why they do ? Maybe they don't want ppl to notice them incase they have a run in ... but I'm not sure I'm more on the whole natural look.

That's good girls shouldn't get jealous . I mean sometimes I say oh your cheating on me but like jokingly and very sarcastic but subtle ! Girls shouldn't be controlling clients it's up to you guys on who you want to spend the money on or who you enjoy your time with! I don't get the jealousy thing I guess everyone want to make money tho and these days with the industry dying down as opposed to seven or eight years ago when everyone was glad to help girls out and share clients and were all leaving the club happy and making 500 to 1500$ a night per girl.

You are busy today, aren't you!

I've never told a dancer that I didn't want to dance with her because she wasn't my type. I don't see the need for it, and let's face it no matter how politely it's said, it's a bit of a shot to the ego. I don't think any customers should say that. I always just use an excuse, "oh, I'm sorry, I'm waiting for a particular person" or "oh, I'm sorry, I've spent all the money I can". 95 percent of the time the dancer goes along with it, with a quick "have a great day" and moving on.

By the way, to dancers, FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE DON'T PESTER THE CUSTOMER IF THEY SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT! In my case, in a lot of cases what I'm saying is the truth, I might really like you, and another day I'll cheerfully sign you up. But if you bug me after I've politely turned you down, you definitely go onto my PAIN IN THE A** list. That doesn't apply to the next day, though. Feel free to chat me up again, it's a new day and I never mind that.

Once, I got latched on to by a complete leech. I could not have made my lack of interest more clear, but she just sat there. Finally, when she got up to use the facilities, I scuttled over to a friend and got her to take me into the CR for a few minutes, just to get away. (You know who you are, my knight in shining armour)!

To me, asking about your personal life on just meeting is a bit rude, but then again, I'm like you a bit of a curious george, so I probably do ask some questions that might tick some dancers off. I find they're remarkably good at coming up with non-answers when they want to, and then I just smile and move the conversation on. I hope no dancers get mad at me for asking, as long as I don't persist. If a customer persists once a dancer non-answers, though, that's definitly rude and you should ditch the bum.

In terms of men saying they're happily in a relationship, my guess is they're new to clubs, they have no idea of what to expect, they're absolutely gobsmacked when a beautiful woman comes up and asks them to go for dances, and this is the first thing that comes out of their poor, confused brains. (You realize that most of a man's blood supply is busy being used by something other than our brains, so have pity.) I suspect once they have some time to mull it over, they either realize that clubs aren't for them and don't go back, or they go back fully prepared to buy dances, or they come up with a better excuse!

I'm not one of them, but I suspect there are some guys who go to clubs to enjoy being around beautiful, naked ladies, but taking them for dances is a step over their moral values. I don't think it's a bad thing, they're helping the club by buying drinks, and when you think about it, the choice isn't between him not buying dances and buying dances (which he's not going to do), but between him being there buying drinks and not being there at all. There've been a few posts grumbling about these guys, but I'm okay with it.

Whew! You used up my brain's entire small blood supply for the next few hours! I think I need a nap...

Seriously, this is fun. Keep the questions coming...

• Like 2

I'm honest by simply saying, "No but thanks though. I'm waiting for someone in particular." Some will ask who I'm waiting for, and if they do, I will tell them.

WIR

• Like 1

You are busy today, aren't you!

I've never told a dancer that I didn't want to dance with her because she wasn't my type. I don't see the need for it, and let's face it no matter how politely it's said, it's a bit of a shot to the ego. I don't think any customers should say that. I always just use an excuse, "oh, I'm sorry, I'm waiting for a particular person" or "oh, I'm sorry, I've spent all the money I can". 95 percent of the time the dancer goes along with it, with a quick "have a great day" and moving on.

By the way, to dancers, FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE DON'T PESTER THE CUSTOMER IF THEY SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT! In my case, in a lot of cases what I'm saying is the truth, I might really like you, and another day I'll cheerfully sign you up. But if you bug me after I've politely turned you down, you definitely go onto my PAIN IN THE A** list. That doesn't apply to the next day, though. Feel free to chat me up again, it's a new day and I never mind that.

Once, I got latched on to by a complete leech. I could not have made my lack of interest more clear, but she just sat there. Finally, when she got up to use the facilities, I scuttled over to a friend and got her to take me into the CR for a few minutes, just to get away. (You know who you are, my knight in shining armour)!

To me, asking about your personal life on just meeting is a bit rude, but then again, I'm like you a bit of a curious george, so I probably do ask some questions that might tick some dancers off. I find they're remarkably good at coming up with non-answers when they want to, and then I just smile and move the conversation on. I hope no dancers get mad at me for asking, as long as I don't persist. If a customer persists once a dancer non-answers, though, that's definitly rude and you should ditch the bum.

In terms of men saying they're happily in a relationship, my guess is they're new to clubs, they have no idea of what to expect, they're absolutely gobsmacked when a beautiful woman comes up and asks them to go for dances, and this is the first thing that comes out of their poor, confused brains. (You realize that most of a man's blood supply is busy being used by something other than our brains, so have pity.) I suspect once they have some time to mull it over, they either realize that clubs aren't for them and don't go back, or they go back fully prepared to buy dances, or they come up with a better excuse!

I'm not one of them, but I suspect there are some guys who go to clubs to enjoy being around beautiful, naked ladies, but taking them for dances is a step over their moral values. I don't think it's a bad thing, they're helping the club by buying drinks, and when you think about it, the choice isn't between him not buying dances and buying dances (which he's not going to do), but between him being there buying drinks and not being there at all. There've been a few posts grumbling about these guys, but I'm okay with it.

Whew! You used up my brain's entire small blood supply for the next few hours! I think I need a nap...

Seriously, this is fun. Keep the questions coming...

CarpeDiem thanks for your insight of things I really like all that info!! Gets me thinking bout more things . And no I'm not busy just I haven't been able to sleep so my brain is on overload thinking about things and writing them down before I forget. This is new for me on making topics and discussions but I'm honestly having fun with it and liking that people are responding to my posts I didn't think my discussions would be like too much.

However you did quite a great job today !! You deserve that nap

• Like 1

I'm honest by simply saying, "No but thanks though. I'm waiting for someone in particular." Some will ask who I'm waiting for, and if they do, I will tell them.

WIR

I like when I ask are you waiting for someone and I ask who sometimes I even let the girl know. Unless it's a regular for a regular girl then she already knows he's around. I wish more girls would be kind to other girls when it comes to that particular area in the job. I feel like you do something good for someone and something good will happen for you I truly believe !! I like the fact you dont waste a ladies time .

• Like 2

I like when I ask are you waiting for someone and I ask who sometimes I even let the girl know. Unless it's a regular for a regular girl then she already knows he's around. I wish more girls would be kind to other girls when it comes to that particular area in the job. I feel like you do something good for someone and something good will happen for you I truly believe !! I like the fact you dont waste a ladies time .

I had an interesting exchange with an out-of-town dancer a couple of weeks ago. I had never seen her before, and we started in with the usual lines and she asked if she could sit down. Sure. I didn't know anything about her and wanted to hear more. After only a couple of minutes, I mentioned that I didn't think I'd be taking her for any dances and she blew up at me.

"Why did you ask me to sit down if you didn't want to take me for dances? I HATE talking!"

She left and sat by herself for an hour.

Could just be a bad day. Could be she's psychologically unfit for this type of work.

I guess what I'm saying is that there is no right/wrong way to do things. What works with one person at one time may not work with that person a second time or with another person at all.

SUMMARY: Women. Can't live with 'em ... and yet they're everywhere.

[emoji13]

Also, I may change my mind during my stay. I've told 3 girls no, but then decide yes. I'm allowed. That's why I like to say, "Not right now, but I'll let you know if I change my mind."

• Like 2

I had an interesting exchange with an out-of-town dancer a couple of weeks ago. I had never seen her before, and we started in with the usual lines and she asked if she could sit down. Sure. I didn't know anything about her and wanted to hear more. After only a couple of minutes, I mentioned that I didn't think I'd be taking her for any dances and she blew up at me.

"Why did you ask me to sit down if you didn't want to take me for dances? I HATE talking!"

She left and sat by herself for an hour.

Could just be a bad day. Could be she's psychologically unfot for this type of work.

I guess what I'm saying is that there is no right/wrong way to do things. What works with one person at one time may not work with that person a second time or with another person at all.

SUMMARY: Women. Can't live with 'em ... and yet they're everywhere.

[emoji13]

Also, I may change my mind during my stay. I've told 3 girls no, but then decide yes. I'm allowed. That's why I like to say, "Not right now, but I'll let you know if I change my mind."

Your summary is awesome and true !!! But that's rude she shouldn't have acted out like that. I don't know why girls get so defensive it's not like other guys aren't around. Sometimes depending on how the discussion is going it's either you decide you like her or you don't it's simple! I hope I'm likeable lmao [emoji85]

• Like 1

Since this is turning into a general Q&A, I'll unload one of my pet peeves, and this is aimed at the customers out there. WHY DON'T YOU CLAP WHEN A GIRL COMES ON AND GOES OFF STAGE? I know it's their "job", but jeez, she is getting up in front of a bunch of strangers, and doing a fairly intimate act. Would it kill you to take 30 seconds out of your terribly busy day and give her some applause when she goes on and comes off?

I've done some public speaking in front of crowds, and it's just a lot more fun when the audience is responsive. It makes for a better time for everyone!

There. I feel better!

• Like 5

Since this is turning into a general Q&A, I'll unload one of my pet peeves, and this is aimed at the customers out there. WHY DON'T YOU CLAP WHEN A GIRL COMES ON AND GOES OFF STAGE? I know it's their "job", but jeez, she is getting up in front of a bunch of strangers, and doing a fairly intimate act. Would it kill you to take 30 seconds out of your terribly busy day and give her some applause when she goes on and comes off?

I've done some public speaking in front of crowds, and it's just a lot more fun when the audience is responsive. It makes for a better time for everyone!

There. I feel better!

I always applaud but sometimes I'm the only one (or close to the only one) doing so. Seems like there's more applause when a dancer comes off the stage than when she goes on. Tend to feel like a bit of a dork when I'm the only one applauding and this sort of thing may inhibit others when there is little overall applause. On the other hand I often used to feel like a dork in SCs so I'm used to it. Less so lately.

• Like 2

There. I feel better!

I completely agree with you I have had other clients ask that question too. Well I guess because sometimes girls get the impression that whoever claps for them may want them upstairs but it sucks that they don't clap or they clap for most girls and then some girls they don't clap for I don't clapped for most times I don't get it what am I doing wrong what are the girls doing wrong that isn't attracting the clap? Hmmmm

• Like 1

I always applaud but sometimes I'm the only one (or close to the only one) doing so. Seems like there's more applause when a dancer comes off the stage than when she goes on. Tend to feel like a bit of a dork when I'm the only one applauding and this sort of thing may inhibit others when there is little overall applause. On the other hand I often used to feel like a dork in SCs so I'm used to it. Less so lately.

Most ppl lately I find don't even clap for going on or off so I don't know what it is but thank you to the ones that do show appreciation even if your not into the girl!

• Like 1

attracting the clap? Hmmmm

"..attracting the clap..."?

Hmmmm....you might want to consider rephrasing that.

Just sayin'.

• Like 1

"..attracting the clap..."?

Hmmmm....you might want to consider rephrasing that.

Just sayin'.

My apologies ,what else can we possibly do to help attract clients on clapping for us ? It doesn't seem like much helps these days. Usually the regular daytime girls that have built the clientele they have and are always there get most of the attention. So what are we doing wrong ?

• Like 1

My apologies ,what else can we possibly do to help attract clients on clapping for us ? It doesn't seem like much helps these days. Usually the regular daytime girls that have built the clientele they have and are always there get most of the attention. So what are we doing wrong ?

I don't like it when there is hardly any applause (or none) as dancers ascend/descend the stage. Not sure you are doing anything wrong. So much of this depends on the overall busyness/atmosphere of the club at any given time.

Certainly I sympathize with your sense that the regular daytime girls with established clientele will garner most of the attention.

In my experience, consistent stage applause will only occur in a quite busy or packed club when a sort of 'party atmosphere' develops. This rarely occurs in the afternoons.

• Like 2

I don't like it when there is hardly any applause (or none) as dancers ascend/descend the stage. Not sure you are doing anything wrong. So much of this depends on the overall busyness/atmosphere of the club at any given time.

Certainly I sympathize with your sense that the regular daytime girls with established clientele will garner most of the attention.

In my experience, consistent stage applause will only occur in a quite busy or packed club when a sort of 'party atmosphere' develops. This rarely occurs in the afternoons.

Well let me tell you both Friday and Saturday night was packed up after midnight and to be honest no one was really clapping so I don't think it has anything to do with the atmosphere of the club or how busy or not it may be. It may just be a girls performance or the girl and her attraction on how she looks or carries herself. Good days and bad days when it comes to clapping or no clapping. So I'm it sure what's in the air these days to be honest and no sympathy needed on that daytime girl thing I give it to them they've been there along time a lot of the clients that have been coming for 10 or 15 years is because of them so it's great to have customers continuing to support not only the girls but the club. It's not like those clients don't take other girls mostly when the girl they go with isn't around !!

• Like 1

I'm sure any older fellas would remember, but clubs used to be a lot livelier in terms of audience response. You'd party, you'd applaud, it was alright to make a little noise and show a little appreciation. Back in the day my pals and I used to load up, go out to somewhere like the Pink and raise hell for a few hours. Sometime in the past 20 years guys stopped making any noise at all in the club. It's not "cool" to applaud anymore. Maybe they just don't want to give the bouncers any reason at all to take notice of them, LOL.

• Like 2

divachannel asked

Well diva---I am an old guy who does treat one of the establishments as my local bar. I have long lived pretty close to it. The food there is surprisingly good so I sometimes go for lunch or dinner. Dancers that I like and have gotten used to seeing me sometimes sit with me for some food or drink and conversation. I do sometimes buy dances from the ones I like. I do not focus on one dancer but spread it around.

Some dancers who have known me for awhile have had me drive them home, because they know I drink very sparingly and do not get drunk. Rarely, I take one out for lunch for a change. Several times I have hired a dancer to clean my home in her spare time for a little extra money for her--and like most guys, I don't like housework much.

Yeah, so sometimes I go to a SC just for a drink because I think of it as my local bar. Think of it this way. Many posters here write that the SC business in Ottawa is in a decline. The clubs need to sell more food and drink to make it worthwhile to stay in business, So even if a customer does go in just to buy food or drink, he is helping keep the club in business and that in turn gives you a place to work.

But as I said , I do buy dances when I am in the mood and there is room in my budget for it.

• Like 2

I'm sure any older fellas would remember, but clubs used to be a lot livelier in terms of audience response. You'd party, you'd applaud, it was alright to make a little noise and show a little appreciation. Back in the day my pals and I used to load up, go out to somewhere like the Pink and raise hell for a few hours. Sometime in the past 20 years guys stopped making any noise at all in the club. It's not "cool" to applaud anymore. Maybe they just don't want to give the bouncers any reason at all to take notice of them, LOL.

I feel like clients only clap for girls they like you ever notice tho when girls clap for other girls and then when they don't . But yes it is a dying industry . I think clients don't like to clap for some girls because they don't want to give them a thought of coming over and asking for dances. I'm not sure what it is really . But at pinks for as long as I've known clients to always clap for girls . They always showed appreciation or complemented you even if they didn't take you for dances. They were always so kind. I find other clubs are very judgmental on most days

• Like 2

Do you think that it could be the new generation that does not have the same moral us older gentlemen have? That is why they don't applaud. I have also been in clubs in Quebec where the DJ announces the lady going on stage and will invite the patrons to give her a hand of applause when she climbs on stage and when she comes off.

• Like 1

Do you think that it could be the new generation that does not have the same moral us older gentlemen have? That is why they don't applaud. I have also been in clubs in Quebec where the DJ announces the lady going on stage and will invite the patrons to give her a hand of applause when she climbs on stage and when she comes off.

That could be it but a lot of the daytime clients are older generations and most of them don't ever clap so I'm not sure to point at the younger generation but it goes both ways.

• Like 2

Just saw this thread and it's a good one, keep them coming DivaChanel!

I haven't put out relationship status as an excuse but I have used the "waiting for a dancer" excuse. I don't mind being honest but I do feel like it either wouldn't come through in a gentle manner I would intend it to, or it may hurt a dancer's feelings/self image considering the highly competitive nature of the environment.

Why do some clients just come in for a drink and nothing more? Why not go to a regular bar and have a drink? Instead of giving the ladies an impression of interest?

If it's during slow time and there aren't many dancers, maybe the customer doesn't see anything that suits his taste? Also the view is quite different than at a normal bar.

I agree with CarpeDiem, better to have some butts in the seats drinking beer than dancing for an empty club.

Sometimes depending on how the discussion is going it's either you decide you like her or you don't it's simple!

I actually want to have a conversation with a dancer for 5-10 minutes before asking her for a dance. You get a feel for the style of a dancer (being portraied or actual) and the dancer gets an impression of the client. I've found that awkward conversation leads to awkward dances and meshing well on the floor leads to a better time for both myself and the dancer in the CR.

• Like 2

I think a big factor in applause is the DJ. If the DJ calls out the dancer just as she's leaving the stage, it gives the audience a good cue as to when to clap. Whereas, I've noticed that when the DJ announces either early or late, that cue is missing. Does the audience clap when the dancer leaves the stage? When the DJ calls her name? When the song ends? Especially with smaller crowds, having people clapping at the same time is important.

So: An on the ball DJ, a dancer who looks like she's making an effort, and a decent crowd size combined will hopefully lead to a decent amount of applause.

• Like 2