How to verify a date?

Could someone please help me. I am trying to find a "reputable" site that does date verification. So I can sign up. I have tried looking online but I got scammed twice.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

References and social media accounts that are active will get you much farther.

Many ladies don't even know what P411 is anymore. Maintain your accounts and references and you should be fine.

• Like 1

For those interested:. I will tell you about why I started this thread. At first I was reluctant to share my story with you.

I got caught in this scam when I tried a (non SW) civilian dating website in the hopes of finding a real relationship. One of the ladies I contacted said I needed to be verified before she would go out with me. She gave me the link below and said she only dates men who are screened by them.

STAY AWAY FROM "safedatingservices.com". It is a scam website. They say they need your credit card number to verify your name and that you are over 18. As well as setting up an account. Once they have this information. They make repeated charges on the credit card. These charges showed up as several different dot com names.

I was fortunate, my credit card company immediately flagged it as fraud. Unfortunately they also cancelled my card, but are issuing me a new one.

Now I am officially done with civilian dating websites. Nothing but bad experiences for many years. This being the worst ever.

Jafo, sorry to hear that happened to you.

I was fortunate, my credit card company immediately flagged it as fraud. Unfortunately they also cancelled my card, but are issuing me a new one.

They don't really have much choice. Once a criminal has your credit card details there's nothing else they can do.

Now I am officially done with civilian dating websites. Nothing but bad experiences for many years. This being the worst ever.

As far as this goes... I don't think it makes dating websites bad in the same way that the presence of scammers on CL/BP/LL/etc for years makes those sites inherently bad. Scammers get everywhere, unfortunately.

OOI, did you make a report about safedatingservices.com to the police? It may not do any good, but it probably won't do any harm... and if it does help get the site shut down that'd be a benefit to society.

• Like 1

Oh now that sucks!!!

A little hint, no one on a dating site will be looking to "verify" you. When you get a line like that from a civie - run.

I wish I could give you a link to dating sites that work but I am not in that field. This is why I do the paid dating thing. Lol

• Like 1