winter gift-giving season

The annual scamble to find a great gift for the one you appreciate is soon upon us.

What are you planning?

I just picked up a bottle of Coco Chanel for one of my favs for her birthday (3 days before Christmas) and am thinking of Pink/Victoria's Secret/Mac/Sephora gift cards for the spendy day for all my regulars. One lady I was close to encouraged me to get her Esso cards!

Birthdays are worth the extra effort in my mind.

Ladies, what would you appreciate? I offered my girl 6-months of lashes, but she wanted perfume.

• Like 6

I agree with Katherine. You are very sweet and thoughtful, Kilt Boy. It's the thought that counts, especially when it's personalized. Whether it be a gift card, or a simple gesture to celebrate the season together. Your special ladies are fortunate to have you.

Personally, unless it's a very close family member, I would not be comfortable letting someone know exactly what I would like to be gifted with. It goes both ways. There's a lovely gentleman I make a coffee for when he visits. Now that we have gotten to know each other over time, for Christmas and my birthday he brings me a box of my favorite for my Keurig. It was never expected and his kindness always makes me smile. Simple gestures.

I like the Esso card request. Unexpected and practical. : )

• Like 3

While I may agree with, "at the end your relationship will end", possibly???, who knows how far friendships can go. I think small gifts are more than appropriate for a loving friend at the time of your kind a caring relationship. I believe that exchange of gifts for that special someone who really makes you feel good, even if only for a short period of time, is not anything more than what it is, A Kind Gesture of thanks for spending some quality time with us. Sometimes we the client can be obnoxious, and well just plain ignorant, so if some us wish to spread some cheer, then that is our business and we know it is appreciated by all on the receiving end.

• Like 2

I always like to gift a little something this time of year. When in doubt, cash is always appreciated and you can be pretty sure it won't be regifted ;)

• Like 1