Gentlemen, I am curious...

When you text for information...

Do you remember the good manners your mother taught you?

Do you begin with, "Hello".

Or better yet, "Hello. How are you?".

And when you get a response...

Is a list, of basic information, all you need to make a decision?

In other words. Does poor grammar and incomplete sentences ever factor into your descion?

Straight to buisness?

I still wonder....

Sacha

• Like 8

I always start with "hey ....... < insert name here" how are you. I then ask my questions. Always polite.

And on the flip side I usually appreciate a real answer as opposed to a copy/paste answer. I know that providers must get a gagillion messages a day, but just my opinion.

• Like 1

Guest Prufrock Cummings

In other words. Does poor grammar and incomplete sentences ever factor into your descion?

Straight to buisness?

I still wonder....

Sacha

I begin with a hello, ask about availability, and go from there

I like to think I have good manners. I like an idea of restrictions. I like to know availability (in ad). I like to know approx location (in ad). Good grammar is important. I don't need new pics every few months but once a year would be nice.

• Like 1

Straight to buisness?

Understanding that it's a text, poor grammar and incomplete sentences will not affect my decision at all. But I prefer when it is well written and complete sentences. It's a preference, not capital to make a decision. Also, there is the language barrier to considerate, not everybody is bilingual... me being French and still making mistakes in English, I can't base my decisions on poor grammar of other.

That being said, the approach remains very important and being strait to the point is not the way I like it. Being a huge fan of the GFE, I lean toward a more soft, polite and respectful approach that will give a certain direction to the experience with the girl. In French we say "On n'a jamais une deuxième chance de faire une première impression". If I contact you, the initial text will provide a short introduction like: "Hello Sacha, I'm The D., I hope you're doing well. I saw your ad on blabla-website, I think you can be a nice person for me to meet..." and then I'll ask for whatever info not already provide on your website that I need to know. If everything is already cover, I'll ask for your availability for a particular time. All that in the initial post...

If I already meet you and I know you will recognize me right away, I usually go by a "Hi Sacha", then I will wait for a text-back. If you reply with "Hi The D." That means we are on the same page... Then I will go with the next questions, who, most likely will be "How are you? Do you have some availabilities for tomorrow around 6pm?"

I have to say (I know it's not the same topic...), I hate asking for information in a text. I prefer when the lady has a website with all the info already in it, or an ad that will cover the vaste majority of what needs to be known. Contacts by texts, for me, should be more for availabilities and to confirm appointments.

• Like 2

I'm 50 years old and I thought that because I'm looking for a younger girl that I had to start by "Yo baby, what's up sugar bum" and then "How bout I come over with my sausage and feed you?". Isn't that the way the young generation do it?

Ok! Lets be serious now, I always start by saying "Hi (her name here), I hope you are having a wonderful day, I saw your ad and I'm checking to see if you are available anytime between 6am and 8am today? Then I wait for a response and then I will describe myself or ask for more details like her location.

For me grammar is not that important or abbreviation either. If she uses C, U, L8tr, LOL etc it don't bother me.

• Like 4

I'm 50 years old and I thought that because I'm looking for a younger girl that I had to start by "Yo baby, what's up sugar bum" and then "How bout I come over with my sausage and feed you?". Isn't that the way the young generation do it?

Ok! Lets be serious now, I always start by saying "Hi (her name here), I hope you are having a wonderful day, I saw your ad and I'm checking to see if you are available anytime between 6am and 8am today? Then I wait for a response and then I will describe myself or ask for more details like her location.

For me grammar is not that important or abbreviation either. If she uses C, U, L8tr, LOL etc it don't bother me.

You jest Notch with your opening funny . :) I'm almost 50 and I do sometimes get charming greetings such as this . I shake my head and delete . Then maybe the next day I get something from the same Romeo like this . ?????

Years ago I would try and explain why I didn't answer. Now I figure if you are at least legal age its not my job to try and civilize people .

Edited by Katherine
spelling , no coffee yet
  • Like 2

I will guess the to the point questions are due to texting 4 ladies at a time to see who is able to respond to the text.

I will guess the to the point questions are due to texting 4 ladies at a time to see who is able to respond to the text.

To me those are people just looking for the cheapest, cold services and not my type. I'm looking for someone intelligent enough to make a conversation while visiting and make it a human experience. This type of text always confirms I would be bored out of my mind and no amount of money is worth that to me .

This is just my preference and in no way insults anyone who has a different approach.

• Like 1

Guest R��N***9

There is no reason in the world for a man not to treat a woman with respect. If a man wants respect, earn it.

A lady I met not so long ago told me that she likes visiting Ottawa because the gents here are so nice and polite. Of course she only advertise on here and we are all nice guys like that here(I hope).

• Like 1

I always do a short greeting/salutation. But I'm also mindful of a lady's time so try not to go on too much before setting up a date. I figure once she knows I'm not a time waster she may be more willing to chat.

I can be pretty forgiving of abbreviations or spelling mistakes. But I do like replies that indicate someone affectionate and personable.

• Like 2

I always do a short greeting/salutation. But I'm also mindful of a lady's time so try not to go on too much before setting up a date. I figure once she knows I'm not a time waster she may be more willing to chat.

I can be pretty forgiving of abbreviations or spelling mistakes. But I do like replies that indicate someone affectionate and personable.

I think it works both ways. Ladies like to see a little bit of personality in that first contact.

• Like 1

To me those are people just looking for the cheapest, cold services and not my type. I'm looking for someone intelligent enough to make a conversation while visiting and make it a human experience. This type of text always confirms I would be bored out of my mind and no amount of money is worth that to me .

This is just my preference and in no way insults anyone who has a different approach.

I've never been to Halifax, where you live, but in Ottawa, a lot of men might contact 4 at a time to check availability if they suddenly have an urge for somewhat immediate companionship from someone on BP.

I've never been to Halifax, where you live, but in Ottawa, a lot of men might contact 4 at a time to check availability if they suddenly have an urge for somewhat immediate companionship from someone on BP.

That is not a problem anywhere in the world . Its just my preference to interact with gentlemen that have taken the time to read my site, get to know me and actually care about having a full experience.

Again this is only my preference and not a criticism to last minute and fast calls . Suddenly does not work for me for many reasons. :)

• Like 1

If it's by email I always say I hope your day is good and I tell you a little about myself. If I get strict business reply, it doesnt interest me. If I get a sense of your personality and I like it, that is great. I'm not too worried about spelling or grammar if the reply is in complete sentences because English might not be your first language. as long as you don't sound like a teenager texting "hru" etc.

Good conversation for me is part of a good experience. HOwever I also know that some of you must get tons of timewasting notes a day and I respect that you may not have time at first greeting to feel too friendly.

• Like 1

Sacha;

I always start with a Good afternoon (or morning or evening). I give a brief description of myself because Notch is a young buck in comparison. Then I ask about availability.

I do like a nice reply. Good grammar is always impressive. Point form is OK. Bad grammar or scattered reply may affect my decision.

Hi Sacha -

I always begin by introducing myself and telling the lady I might like to meet her. Then I tell her - politely and clearly - what I'm looking for in a session, and ask her if what I describe resonates with her style. I close by saying I look forward to hearing from her and wish her a great day / evening / weekend. In practice, I've never gone wrong with this approach - if what I describe isn't what a lady likes, I invariably get a friendly message back thanking me for being upfront and honest, but that what I've asked for isn't what the lady likes to do. In most (90%) of cases I'd say, I get a reply that the lady really looks forward to seeing me, and our subsequent time together is fun for both of us.

I guess I am old school, but I treat texts and e-mails as I would treat a letter with a polite introduction, explaining who I am and what my request is and a polite ending.

I realize that SP's do not often have the liberty to provide a detailed reply, but I do take note when they acknowledge my efforts to start off on a polite and equal footing with them.

Again because of my education, I must admit I am bothered by egregious spelling and grammatical errors that may indicate a lack of care, but I don't let that have a significant affect on my choice of SP.

First of all, SP's have to contend with dozens of communications daily, many of which are bogus or don't lead to an appointment, so they are forced to follow the KISS principle. Secondly, for a number of SP's English might be their second or even third language so they should be commended for practising their English and not judged to harshly for their errors. Thirdly, the time fielding calls, e-mails, texts, twits (or is it twats)and smoke signals is time out of their scarce free time. Finally, as society in general we have reduced written communication to tweets, bullet points, acronyms, LOLs and smiley faces, very few people can string an intelligible sentence together anymore. Long gone are the beautifully composed hand-written letters, where the personality of the author was reflected in the curve of every letter and how they crossed their T's and dotted their i's. I digress.......

Edited by Manluvsex
Minor grammatical changes.
  • Like 1

As a provider i much better prefer a nessage that starts with a greeting even if it is a simple Hello...

i think being polite does not take anything from anyone.. probably doesnt take mpre than 5 more seconds of anyones time to say Hello in a proper way... amd ask any questions you may have in a polite and respectful way..

If you are nice and polite i will take my time to also write in a nice way .. if you are cold and cutting i will answer the same way.. and if you are really rude.. i wont even take the time to answer..

• Like 4