Favourite cheap massages

Probably like you, I like to have a variety of masseuses depending on my mood and for the sake of variety. Sometimes you want deep tissue RMT quality, sometimes a little fun, and other times just a cheap, competent massage.

I'd like to throw this out there and have you all suggest some massage providers that offer a good competent massage, at a great price. I'm looking at straight-up massage only, on those days when you want to only spend $40 or so (with the option of a $5 tip, let's say).

I'll start off with Yin Chen, a massage provider in the Fort Garry area, off of Pembina Hwy. She offers services out of a private residence, a comfortable table,

and gives a medium deep massage, in my experience. Actually as good as some RMT's that I've visited. For the price, it is always enjoyable.

What's your favourites?

• Like 3

Just hit one of the furniture stores in the city and sit in one of the massaging chairs for half an hour. Free. And gives great massage! :)

Just hit one of the furniture stores in the city and sit in one of the massaging chairs for half an hour. Free. And gives great massage! :)

The massage chairs at Visions are like cheating on your significant other.

From a strictly massage point of view. Not a lot out there for forty. Southpointe and Tiffany (formerly Southpointe). A girl out on Talbot that advertises on Kijiji from time to time as 'off Henderson', sweet woman, good massage. The place out on Sargent has a few providers and last I was there they were still doing the $40 promo for Swedish only. Can't say if they still are.

Bump up to $50 and I liked the Thai massage over on Sargent. But make sure you get Sara. I can't speak for Tina the other Thai offering there, haven't seen her. Sara had the experience to zero in on problem areas without my giving her any direction. Very professional. The Thai massage was an experience as well so if you haven't tried it, highly recommend it (not at YiYi's though as they have a completely different definition for Thai massage).

• Like 1

Thanks! I'll have to try that Thai massage.

So let's move up to $50.

I'm going to throw out a new one that I haven't seen any comments on. Dr. Pan Acupuncture in the downtown. They advertise on Kijiji for $50 cash. I have seen both of the masseuses that work there. I have found the massages to be quite satisfying, a little deeper than the last that I mentioned. They have been quite good in getting me in on short notice. The only criticism is that the rooms are a little tight, and the masseuses don't have a lot of room to move around when massaging.

Since these places haven't been discussed openly, I'd rather speak privately.

Edited by EastEnd
not private - ops

Well said!

But are we doing a dis-service if we report a special service that an attendant maybe had a weak moment or because we are so darn seductive she fell under our magic, lol, and we get her in trouble or the establishment in trouble over everyone expecting to receive that service? We know that it has happened before.

The title "cheap massages" is sort of troubling. Hopefully not encouraging members to negotiate extras at a very economical price and report here or is the intent to list massage places with the fees charged? It was wise not to discuss extras that might be available as majority of massage places are just that, a place to get a massage.

Majority of student that graduate high school and enrol in training for massage probably have no idea about happy endings. They probably think a happy ending is to pass the course and find employment. I assume a client requesting such extras or a masseuse providing such services can be charged by LE. Not sure what the law is but that lady Simi was in the news not long ago about being charged.

Going to one of the "many" Massage Parlors in Wpg and trying to negotiate very low fees for extra service should be a no-no just as clients get annoyed about SPs adding fees once sessions have begun. Discussion on showing respect to attendants at massage parlors and not making them feel low down and dirty is a whole new discussion. The massage industry is getting to be a very touchy business in more ways than one.

• Like 3

Maybe we should call this " budget " massage , thought op had good idea and hopefully others will add to this thread .

In my end of town, "cheap" is not a dirty word :)

No, I had no intention of this post being like that, Sixpack.

I've noticed that in the past 6 - 12 months that there wasn't a lot of talk about new places, often the reviews are of places that we have all heard of or know. I'm hoping to kick up some new names that we can all try.

Good idea, Buzzard, let's think of this thread as "Budget Massages"

Is there a way that I can re-name the thread?

I'll continue to add "Budget" places that aren't regularly mentioned.

Fort Richmond Massage

A new home-based massage centre has opened in Ft. Richmond this past week.

(link above)

I thought that I would include this as a budget massage, since they are offering $40 massages currently. I believe tomorrow the rate goes to $50.

There appears to be 2 or 3 ladies working there. Straight up massage. My massage began very softly, and I was thinking that she would never work out the knots. I think that she was just looking for them. Once she found them, she applied her elbows and forearms with a lot of vigour. She had me squirming on the table. I haven't had most RMT's put that much effort into a massage. My masseuse was Tia. Recommended if you like the knots worked out.

Has anyone else had any experience with this place?

• Like 1

Tried this place out the first day they opened. Only the one young lady doing massage that I could see, so I had no choice.

I was not thrilled by the massage. Fairly light, every once in a while she would use her elbow to go a little deeper, but still not that deep.

No sign that anything more is offered.

For me, only good thing was the opening week price.

If I knew there was a better masseuse there, maybe I would try again, but otherwise, there are better options out there for me.

312 Balmoral St.

link above

New place opened recently, across from the U of W.

Parking available for free down Balmoral. Looks like a brand new clinic, with multiple rooms. There is no signage on the building yet (it is right behind the Subway). Massage is $50 hour. My masseuse was Jennifer. Some communication issues, since her english is poor. I spent a fair bit of time communicating with her on her Samsung translator, letting her know which areas that needed to be worked on.

I would say that I was quite happy with the massage.

• Like 1

Was the Thai massage clothed or were you nude? My understanding is most Thai massages are conventionally done clothed unless you are in Thailand?

Just wondered if anyone has seenTiffany/Anna recently ?? Have heard diffent reports of how her sessions are . Hope to see her soon and looking for some Intel.

The massage at Balmoral was a Swedish massage, and yes, you can go nude.

I wasn't aware that they do Thai massage there. Is this the place that you are talking about, TandLee?

Additional Comments:

Saw Tiffany just last week. Service is the same as always, which I think is pretty good.

Additional Comments:

OK, TandLee, I checked around - I see that you are talking about Sergeant, not Balmoral. I didn't review their Thai massage - not yet :)

I noticed this place using the same lamguage as the place on St. Mary "best massage in downtown." Perhaps the owner moved to a new location. The massages there were alright. I always left feeling pretty happy about it.

• Like 1

Dang!

I see that Southpointe is now advertising on K at $50 an hour, instead of $40.

Definitely still worth it , but it's another hit on my pocketbook, considering how often I go.

Dang!

I see that Southpointe is now advertising on K at $50 an hour, instead of $40.

Definitely still worth it , but it's another hit on my pocketbook, considering how often I go.

Still worth it if you can get Shu. But am I the only one that has a problem with Krystal's technique? Saw her a few times. Just can't get past the repetitiveness of her style. Has Shu got anyone else working with her these days?

• Like 1

Had been a regular at the place "cross from farmers market" in St Norbert but she has recently left town. On a tour of places now to find someone who I can click with as well as i did with Lili. World place on Portage is ok but more $

Yes, Lili gave a good massage.

I would recommend that you try Shu at Southpointe. It would be a good starting place. Then again, you might not have to look any further...

I had seen Lili about 6 times. It was decent and convenient.

I see they were advertising a new kind of massage with hot rocks. Does the new masseuse have talents similar to Lili?

Kathy off Markham might be a good replacement slightly higher price but decent massage with considerable happiness.

Edited by Luvmachine
Spelling