MeganDancer @ Barbarella's Diamonds Cabaret

Another big fan of the lovely Megan. I had the chance to spend some (very high) quality time with her yesterday, and I'll absolutely be continuing in the future.

She's a lovely young lady, very enjoyable to watch on stage, and chatting with her tableside is fun and engaging. In the champagne room, she does a wonderful show, and as far as I'm concerned she can twirl around me forever.

I guarantee you won't regret any time you spend with her!

• Like 2

And now MeganDancer tells us she is retiring soon. Quel dommage! First Jenny and now Megan. Oh dear!

• Like 1

I was sorry to hear this as well. I didn't want to say anything until she announced it herself.

It's tough out there right now. Never fear, though. From what she's told me, she has a few more irons in the fire.

hey guys

the reality is: there is no more money in strip clubs! It 's not the club, or me, or my looks, or anything, it's just the way it is!

Edited by MeganDancer
link not working

...it's just the way it is!

We'll miss you, Megan! I hope you still drop in occasionally to say hi!

Thanks for our fun times together!

• Like 1

hey guys

the reality is: there is no more money in strip clubs! It 's not the club, or me, or my looks, or anything, it's just the way it is!

If there's no money in strip clubs why am I so broke!!!

Read this post a couple times.

Thought I would stop by today and say Hi!, and meet this beautiful woman you all speak of...

Was there from 2 'till 3:30 but she was in the Champagne room the entire time.

Sent her PM letting her know I stopped by and also said "Can't hate, you were making money!"

I'll have to try again some other time before she retires.

• Like 2

Bit confused here. On another post it was said can't make money in SC's anymore (or words very close to that) yet just above she is in champagne room for hour and a half, and on a Wednesday to boot!

If you haven't been in for the last few months, it has been deader than dead. Like 3 customers in a shift between 8 girls kind of dead. Things seem to have turned around yesterday and I, for one, am glad. If there aren't guys in seats buying beer and showing love to the dancers, nobody makes a living and the girls stop dancing. It's simple.

Megan is, well, she's a friend and good people and I hate to see someone go in to work and not make money through no fault of their own. We're discussing options, but I'm no expert, either.

There is no falseness going on here. Things looked dire. Still do. Yesterday was one good day. I hope it stays that way.

Also, yesterday was government pay day where ANYTHING can happen!

Yes and you should be happy for me right?

Even if the industry is going down, I am still one of the veterans and have the privilege and luxury of having friends coming to see me and i am very thankful for that .

Like kiltboy said , because he IS a spender and contributes to all of us being busy and pays attention , business has been VERY slow , yes the 3 guys for 8 girls applies.

• Like 2

I'm sad to hear it's been so slow. Hopefully spring and nice weather will pick things up.

I wonder if the success of something like Brass Club downtown is part of the issue?

I"m new in this game but there seem to be a LOT of massage providers around. Maybe that's not new? Do you think it's different clientele?

I have not been to Barbs before so I'll make it a point to bring the boys around for our next night out. I sincerely hope things pick up soon.

• Like 1

Pigales Thursday afternoon. I came in at 1:15pm. 30 customers. About 10 dancers. Most of the time, there were only 1, 2 or 3 girls actually on the floor looking for dances. Others were in the CR and remarkably others were just hanging out at the bar or the slot machines with customers/friends. Even when I left at 2:30 there were still 20+ customers in the club. I think the girls were doing well.

• Like 1

I have been a client of both Dancers and SPs.

Twenty years ago, I definitely spent more time with Dancers than SPs.

Ten years ago, it was probably close to a 50/50 split.

In the last 5+ years, I have gone to a Club twice, so way more with SPs.

As a trend, males are drifting away from Dancers and more towards SPs.

I think there are a few contributing factors for this:

1- The World Wide Web. It has made SPs easier to find. As the web grew in popularity, so did sites offering SPs.

2- As a whole/in general, being and interacting with SPs has and is slowly becoming more and more acceptable. (not in law but in society)

3- Going to a Club and paying an inflated price for whatever it is you drink while watching beautiful women and being wonderfully teased is fun.

Going on the web and searching for an SP of your liking, being alone with them and enjoying each others company and being pl**sed is better.

I am not a professional in these fields, nor have I surveyed the public to find any results. The reasons I posted above are from simply communicating with friends and my personal behaviour which has drifted from Dancers to SPs over time.

• Like 5

There are multiple reasons as why strip bars have changed for worse past 15 years or so. One of them very well explained by our friend WhereIRoam above and that is the ease to find SPs (and yes they as said it is more acceptable by the society these days) because of internet. But in my view other factors play a role as well.

1-The price of private dance in Ottawa went u overnight in 2001 from $10 to $20. Yes contact dancing ($20) is more fun but that filtered our many based on affordability and made SPs much more competitive (price of which btw remains around $200 past 20 years (in Ottawa).

2-The ban on smoking in the bars in 2006 or so as much as I personally loved it but it drove away large number of smoker patrons.

3-The removal of privacy of dances in 2008 (by City of Ottawa) while dance price remained the same however privacy disappeared. Some like Barbarellas took this to extreme and changed their CR to a totally open concept CR and some others .

I was expecting that with new laws at the end of 2014 on seeing SPs then strip bars will be back to the busy days of early century but to my surprise it did not happen as many patrons stayed with their hobby since they had already tasted the forbidden fruit and we all know once you do it is very difficult to quit.

• Like 2

MeganDancer's blog post entitled 'Dancers have rules too!' is really quite enlightening.

I was especially intrigued by these two: "no cream before the stage!" and "When I clean my pole, it's not because I dislike the dancer.....".

Agreed.

• Like 1